SiouxSports.com Forum

The Latest

darell1976

http://www.kfgo.com/fm-headline-news.php?ID=0000004079

The attorney general will be asked for a legal opinion regarding a new state law that requires the University of North Dakota to keep the Fighting Sioux nickname.

Wouldn't be our luck if it come back being unconstitutional and we have to go through the retirement after all.

surprise, surprise....

"State Rep. Eliot Glassheim says several lawmakers are putting together the request for a legal review. "

Let me guess...its the intellectual heavyweights in elected offices as Democrats...so thats about 10 people overall? I hope these people understand what they are asking for with this snubbing of their nose against the electorate of ND...I hope this pushes it to a referendum immediately so we can show the NCAA that the people of both reservations are in approval of the use of the nickname...

BobIwabuchiFan

• Downvote 1

surprise, surprise....

"State Rep. Eliot Glassheim says several lawmakers are putting together the request for a legal review. "

Elliot Glassheim is a gas bag and a buffoon...

So,do you want this law in place, or do you want it repealed. It seemed like everyone was calling for the head of those who put this law in place, requiring you to keep the nickname. Now a group is trying get this law made unconstitutional, and you are now calling for their heads. Which is it?

So,do you want this law in place, or do you want it repealed. It seemed like everyone was calling for the head of those who put this law in place, requiring you to keep the nickname. Now a group is trying get this law made unconstitutional, and you are now calling for their heads. Which is it?

This is why I was unsure I wanted this bill. If its not a slam dunk victory then people's hopes are going to get crushed. So if it comes back unconstitutional then its back to picking out nicknames, and scheduling Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin.

You don't seem to get the politics of this...Glasheim is a stooge and was always against the nickname...the majority of GF legislators, who happen to be Democrat, voted agains the nickname bill because they apparently know whats better for UND and the people of GF and ND. To take this to court and have it ruled unconstitional would be a political death wish in my mind as you would be placing your self front and center against the majority of North Dakotan's...Anyone who is for the continued use of the nickname is against the people who constantly try to deny the outcomes of elections and votes because it goes against their supposedly better judgement.

BobIwabuchiFan

PS...How's the tuition increase going for ya? I thought you had so many more students than UND and that you were ready to be a flagship university? Just wait to you feel the pain of the legislature when the SBOHE rejects your 3 times the alloted increase...then you'll be more willing to understand the BS of the SBOHE....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

surprise, surprise....

Glassheim is very much interested in community betterment and ensuring all voices get heard, but his political views make Mike Jacobs out as a tea party fanatic in comparison.

NDSU fan threatens Al Carlson over Sioux name

The NDSU fan is a familiar one, especially if you have ever read the Forum or Herald comments.

Glassheim is very much interested in community betterment and ensuring all voices get heard, but his political views make Mike Jacobs out as a tea party fanatic in comparison.

The NDSU fan is a familiar one, especially if you have ever read the Forum or Herald comments.

Is that who I think it is?

Is that who I think it is?

If you read the police report, yes it is who you think it is.

And I've been getting emails from him upset that his name was disclosed in the police report. Not my problem though. It's a public record. I posted it exactly as I got it from the state patrol.

• Upvote 2

And I've been getting emails from him upset that his name was disclosed in the police report. Not my problem though. It's a public record. I posted it exactly as I got it from the state patrol.

He once threatened me on AGS in a private message but I just laughed and got him banned. He is such a tool.

The "suspect" drives a tan Mitsubishi and lives 80 miles from work... no wonder he's pissing vinegar all the time. I wonder how his employer, Fox TV, is taking his new found celebrity? They can't be happy that they have an employee interviewed/suspected of threatening a public official.

Interesting how the "suspect" failed to mention his 2007 DUI conviction in ND... add lying to a sworn officer to his offenses.

Also read that his Minnesota Driver's License was 3 pages long... another impressive stat.

Fine gentleman indeed.

The "suspect" drives a tan Mitsubishi and lives 80 miles from work... no wonder he's pissing vinegar all the time. I wonder how his employer, Fox TV, is taking his new found celebrity? They can't be happy that they have an employee interviewed/suspected of threatening a public official.

Interesting how the "suspect" failed to mention his 2007 DUI conviction in ND... add lying to a sworn officer to his offenses.

Also read that his Minnesota Driver's License was 3 pages long... another impressive stat.

Fine gentleman indeed.

What really stuck me is his age, nearly 40. Unbelievable. That dude needs to turn off his internet for a few (dozen) years.

Rod thanks for posting that letter, I would assume that you keeping all of his letters to you as well in case he crosses the line again, now everyone can see what a real world class jerk this particular BISON fan is/was, after reading his email it looks like he tried to play stupid, that doesn

To further show how dumb Lakes/Sam is, he puts "SW" as the direction behind his made-up address that does not exist. Fargo does not use SW, NW, etc. They only have the main four directions in their street names.

Who is going to buy advertising from that idiot after this came out? He is already selling ads for the worst TV station in the state, now he is threatening elected officials about UND.

Also, go read the comments at the bottom. Lakes/Sam/Crisis is not happy about this.

Seems the Patrol just wanted to be done with this. Why didn't they investigate further how someone has valid licenses in two states? I'm pretty sure that's a no-no. Also, the statement about wrath meaning not voting for Carlson, not sure how that's even possible with this joker living in Minnesota. Finally, wonder what the "Arizona incident" is. Seems to indicate some sort of history of this behavior. A little perplexing.

Seems the Patrol just wanted to be done with this. Why didn't they investigate further how someone has valid licenses in two states? I'm pretty sure that's a no-no. Also, the statement about wrath meaning not voting for Carlson, not sure how that's even possible with this joker living in Minnesota. Finally, wonder what the "Arizona incident" is. Seems to indicate some sort of history of this behavior. A little perplexing.

The report says that this guy had a DUI in 2007 so I don't know if that had a factor, maybe he had to get a ND liscense or something for his job at Fox TV.