SiouxSports.com Forum

The Latest

darell1976

I tend to look at things this way. He's a UND grad, I have faith in those people that they will work hard, and do good job. As is the case with many UND grads. I'm sure that even though there is a process to go through and he's waiting for additional steps to happen before he reacts. I'm sure he is plotting the correct course of action that his position demands.

Folks, no need to opine on the "whys" of this. Take the AG at his word.

ND AG Wayne Stenehjem wrote this in a letter dated Thursday:

It is my understanding that the president of the State Board of Higher Education recently asked board members to consider, for the board’s next meeting, whether litigation is appropriate. ... As a result, it is reasonably foreseeable that I will be asked to consult with the board regarding its legal options, either at the board’s next meeting or a subsequent meeting.

Since it has been the longstanding policy of this office not to issue an opinion on a matter when litigation is pending or likely, I must respectfully decline to address your questions at this time.

Litigation is likely. He's not going to provide an opinion because of that. It's that simple.

And remember one other thing:

- There's the official opinion presented by the ND Attorney General's office

- There's Wayne Stenehjem's personal opinion

They may not always directly align as he may not agree with the law but still has to enforce and opine about it.

Who does the AG 'serve', the SBoHE or the Legislature? Asking because I really don't know.

You know I have to ask the same question as well, doesn't the AG serve the people of ND and answer to the Legislature?

The AG's office is hopelessly conflicted. On one hand they represented the Board in its litigation with the NC$$ and agreed to the "settlement". On the other, they have a duty to represent the state's interests as required by the new law. In the interim, the AG has openly opined about the state's chances in reopening litigation with the NC$$. As well, he has opined to some degree about the constitutionality of the statute as it impacts the Board. Frankly, I think the state should/will need to hire a completely independent attorney or law professor to give the legislature a clean opinion about the law, and whether it is constitutional. If these were private parties the respective attorneys would have either removed themselves or got the parties to waive any conflict.

• Upvote 1

I know that Lakes rubs some people, well, everyone, even including Bison fans, the wrong way. But from what I hear anyways on BV, when he isn't hiding behind a computer, he is a nice guy who is just a little bit *too intense about things like NDSU which indirectly includes UND. So while everyone will acknowledge he is a tool online, he as a person apparently is not one. Just kind of a 40 year old body with a 13 year old brain anytime anything Bison or Sioux gets brought up.

* asterisk with the bold font included denotes sarcasm.

Why would we care about lakes on our board.I know he is your hero and you worship him.If I were you I would ask ma and pa's opinion on him.I think they will tell you to stay clear of him because a major breakdown will ultimately occur.The self professed greatest bison fan. can't attend a home game and in banned from the sports forum.Go back to the forums of your rivals.You guys are to good to associate with us.Go to the bunny and coyote boards where you belong.

Why would we care about lakes on our board.I know he is your hero and you worship him.If I were you I would ask ma and pa's opinion on him.I think they will tell you to stay clear of him because a major breakdown will ultimately occur.The self professed greatest bison fan. can't attend a home game and in banned from the sports forum.Go back to the forums of your rivals.You guys are to good to associate with us.Go to the bunny and coyote boards where you belong.

sorry bro, I didn't refresh my browser or something happened where I didn't see that the discussion had went toward Stenejem. He is not my hero though at all, I'm just saying people let him get under their skin too much. He is the biggest Bison fan I think you'll ever find, just uhh....thinks college athletics are bigger than they are.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that Lakes rubs some people, well, everyone, even including Bison fans, the wrong way. But from what I hear anyways on BV, when he isn't hiding behind a computer, he is a nice guy who is just a little bit *too intense about things like NDSU which indirectly includes UND. So while everyone will acknowledge he is a tool online, he as a person apparently is not one. Just kind of a 40 year old body with a 13 year old brain anytime anything Bison or Sioux gets brought up.

* asterisk with the bold font included denotes sarcasm.

You're responsible for what you do on line and off line... Threatening a state senator makes him look like a half cocked individual that could be a potential threat to others in the future.