SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

it's okay Bin, he's clearly never played or tried to understand hockey so he wouldn't understand. (When playing a high speed sport on thin blades with a club in your hand you need something to keep the "douchebaggery" in check and that is where the chippiness comes in)

So it is acceptable in sports to punch people after whistles? I would never waste my time playing a sport for the white boys too small or slow to play football.

Most people don't give a !@#$, but its the media that drives this over and over. They want the game to be played so they can run a story on everything and anything to do with the game. This would be bigger than Frisco coverage done by KVLY. I would love to see the game happen, and it will but what is tiring is the excuses by GT, and that is what the Fargo Forum exposed and the SU fans got uptight about. How dare you blast our new God (he replaced the old God called Champman).

what excuses? what exactly did the FF expose?

neither of UND's traditional rivals want to play for similar reasons, but nothing UND or its fans did could possibly ever have anything to do with that, right?

what excuses? what exactly did the FF expose?

neither of UND's traditional rivals want to play for similar reasons, but nothing UND or its fans did could possibly ever have anything to do with that, right?

Similar reasons? Minnesota's coach Don Lucia said on the radio they had very few spots left and it was about the Sioux nickname (but that doesn't hold water due to Wisconsin's NA policy). NDSU won't play UND because of GT's grudge because UND stopped the series because of the unfair playing level and (at that time) getting punished by the NCAA playoff committee for playing a DI team and not DII's. UND didn't do anything to stop Minnesota it was the Gophers who left the conference, all for their butt buddies in the Big Ten. Like Paul Allen said...all because Penn State wanted to have a hockey club? Yep similar reasons. As for GT's excuses...nope I don't want to play every year...nope I don't want to play every other year (the 2015, 2017 Faison deal). We are required by NDSU law to have 6 home games, we don't make any money playing at UND. Any other excuses I missed?

Similar reasons? Minnesota's coach Don Lucia said on the radio they had very few spots left and it was about the Sioux nickname (but that doesn't hold water due to Wisconsin's NA policy). NDSU won't play UND because of GT's grudge because UND stopped the series because of the unfair playing level and (at that time) getting punished by the NCAA playoff committee for playing a DI team and not DII's. UND didn't do anything to stop Minnesota it was the Gophers who left the conference, all for their butt buddies in the Big Ten. Like Paul Allen said...all because Penn State wanted to have a hockey club? Yep similar reasons. As for GT's excuses...nope I don't want to play every year...nope I don't want to play every other year (the 2015, 2017 Faison deal). We are required by NDSU law to have 6 home games, we don't make any money playing at UND. Any other excuses I missed?

You mad?

the bolded part is the part you made up. GT has made *at least* one offer to UND that UND refused.

what it comes down to is that neither team will play UND because higher-ups athletic department has been dicking around and playing games for the better part of a decade. NDSU was more than willing to keep scheduling UND despite the clear harm that having a D2 school on their schedule would have done. UND wouldn't because it might have affected their seeding in the watered down joke of an NCC.

You insist that NDSU make sacrifices to keep and restart the series, yet insist that every arrangement be in favor of UND. I think everyone can at least agree that a resumed home/home would be much more beneficial for UND than NDSU. Even the most optimistic estimates from the UND contingent show only a moderate benefit to NDSU over Generic Cupcake #11. I have a proposal. The game is played annually in the fargodome, in even years its an NDSU home game, and on odd years its a UND home game, but NDSU gets all tickets beyond the maximum theoretical capacity of the Alerus. This would maximize revenue for both schools and, since both schools 'owe' this to the people of ND, it also maximizes the benefit to the people of the state.

perhaps once you understand why this 'reasonable' proposal would be a bad deal for UND, you will understand why NDSU looks at a home and home as a bad deal for NDSU.

the bolded part is the part you made up. GT has made *at least* one offer to UND that UND refused.

what it comes down to is that neither team will play UND because higher-ups athletic department has been dicking around and playing games for the better part of a decade. NDSU was more than willing to keep scheduling UND despite the clear harm that having a D2 school on their schedule would have done. UND wouldn't because it might have affected their seeding in the watered down joke of an NCC.

You insist that NDSU make sacrifices to keep and restart the series, yet insist that every arrangement be in favor of UND. I think everyone can at least agree that a resumed home/home would be much more beneficial for UND than NDSU. Even the most optimistic estimates from the UND contingent show only a moderate benefit to NDSU over Generic Cupcake #11. I have a proposal. The game is played annually in the fargodome, in even years its an NDSU home game, and on odd years its a UND home game, but NDSU gets all tickets beyond the maximum theoretical capacity of the Alerus. This would maximize revenue for both schools and, since both schools 'owe' this to the people of ND, it also maximizes the benefit to the people of the state.

perhaps once you understand why this 'reasonable' proposal would be a bad deal for UND, you will understand why NDSU looks at a home and home as a bad deal for NDSU.

"The harm that playing a D2 would do?" They were in the transition and not eligible anyway. Smart comment.

So would it be safe to say NDSU would eventually break the series because they would have to travel to UND and lose a home game? 2009 would've been NDSU at UND would that game really have happened? If so why not play every year like Faison first wanted to.

So would it be safe to say NDSU would eventually break the series because they would have to travel to UND and lose a home game? 2009 would've been NDSU at UND would that game really have happened? If so why not play every year like Faison first wanted to.

Youre just pulling crap out of your butt. Stop it. Youre supposedly smarter than that. SOoooooo have you come up with any factual information that Faison sent GT a contract for one game?

Not sure if serious...

This is not as crazy as some think. Other teams have made or given considerations all based on the disparity of seating from one venue compared to another. Of course this all depends on if revenue sharing is in the contract.

Youre just pulling crap out of your butt. Stop it. Youre supposedly smarter than that. SOoooooo have you come up with any factual information that Faison sent GT a contract for one game?

Just answer it yes or no. If you look at GT and the Bison fans excuse of we need that extra home game to make money would NDSU play one home OOC game every other year to keep the rivalry ( At FBS, At UND, vs FCS) and if the answer is yes why aren't they playing every year now.

Just answer it yes or no. If you look at GT and the Bison fans excuse of we need that extra home game to make money would NDSU play one home OOC game every other year to keep the rivalry ( At FBS, At UND, vs FCS) and if the answer is yes why aren't they playing every year now.

UND isnt a priority so I cant answer your question the way you want me to. I also dont agree with many who dont want the game. I would like to see the game played. But I also understand scheduling issues and our priorities of playing FBS games and having 5-6 home games.

You still havent answered my question on whether there is proof the Faison has sent GT a contract for one game that you said had been sent? If not then you need to retract your statement.

My argument will be why should NDSU play UND every year? We sellout every game.

I wouldn't be against them playing, I am also not against them not playing. They will play, in the playoffs. The current setup for the playoffs indicates that it will more than likely be in the dome.

My argument will be why should NDSU play UND every year? We sellout every game.

I wouldn't be against them playing, I am also not against them not playing. They will play, in the playoffs. The current setup for the playoffs indicates that it will more than likely be in the dome.

You keep saying NDSU sells out every game but the attendance figures say otherwise. Any proof these games are actual sellouts?

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might be as I am going on memory alone here) but didn't UND pass up the MVFC (or maybe more accurately accepted the Big Sky invitation before the MVFC had told them yes/no) which would have restarted the rivalry on a regular basis?

The point is there are many sides to every story. I'm sure there was a good reason why several years ago GT offered the every other year game and UND declined but during that time things have changed at NDSU as well, so perhaps that same contract wouldn't make sense today for NDSU.

Right now I see no reason for NDSU to put UND on the schedule on a regular basis. My opinion may change at some time, but with the current conditions that is how I feel.

Attendance and actual tickets sold never match up.

Ok, so please show me where they list the tickets sold number. Until I see one I guess you expect me to believe that every ticket is sold? I can claim UND sold every ticket to all home football games but it wasn't full because attendance just didn't quite match up.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might be as I am going on memory alone here) but didn't UND pass up the MVFC (or maybe more accurately accepted the Big Sky invitation before the MVFC had told them yes/no) which would have restarted the rivalry on a regular basis?

The Missouri Valley never invited North Dakota. UND turned down the Summit Leauge, which doesn't sponsor football, in favor of the the Big Sky conference.

Yup, UND screwed over the possibility of playing NDSU by accepting a conference bid instead of waiting for an invite that may never have come.

By that reasoning, NDSU ruined the rivalry by not waiting for UND to go d1 so they could both be in the Great West. How dare NDSU accept that MVFC bid and ruin the rivalry!!!

• Upvote 1