SiouxSports.com Forum

What you guys think?

HowBoutThemBison?

Hey guys, I am not here to troll or anything. Just a big Bison fan and that means I sort've feel like I should keep tabs on the School up North while I am at it. Anyway, just wondering what you guys think about your team these next few years?

As we have all noticed the Sioux have never really been a football school, of course they've had some good years here and there(2001 or whenever they won their title?) but all in all, you guys typically are not a great team. NDSU just got done with a small rough patch and are definitely trending back up to where their recruiting and tradition suggests we ough to be. Good running game, good defense, typical Bison football.

I noticed that UND has had a few really rough years and I'll be honest I don't know any of the reasons why they have been bad or why you guys are optomistic/pessimistic about their chances the next few years which hopefully leads up to a Home and Home series with the Herd. As for the move to the Big Sky, I think it is good and bad for you guys. For style of play, Big Sky is pretty finesse which looking at your team, probably is a better matchup for you than the Missouri Valley(Physical Physical Physical), bad news is that you guys are not even remotely close to any of the teams and don't currently look to have many chances to compete(Montana, Montana St.), and from top to bottom they dont have a whole lot of depth, after the top couple schools it gets pretty weak. And I don't want to hear any comments about the Eastern Washington game haha, bad luck and a rough first quarter and an embarassing last couple minutes will do that to you I guess.

Just curious what you guys think about your guys chances to be a decent team again. As much as I'd like to say good luck you all know I wouldn't mean it haha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Hey guys, I am not here to troll or anything. Just a big Bison fan and that means I sort've feel like I should keep tabs on the School up North while I am at it. Anyway, just wondering what you guys think about your team these next few years?

As we have all noticed the Sioux have never really been a football school, of course they've had some good years here and there(2001 or whenever they won their title?) but all in all, you guys typically are not a great team. NDSU just got done with a small rough patch and are definitely trending back up to where their recruiting and tradition suggests we ough to be. Good running game, good defense, typical Bison football.

I noticed that UND has had a few really rough years and I'll be honest I don't know any of the reasons why they have been bad or why you guys are optomistic/pessimistic about their chances the next few years which hopefully leads up to a Home and Home series with the Herd. As for the move to the Big Sky, I think it is good and bad for you guys. For style of play, Big Sky is pretty finesse which looking at your team, probably is a better matchup for you than the Missouri Valley(Physical Physical Physical), bad news is that you guys are not even remotely close to any of the teams and don't currently look to have many chances to compete(Montana, Montana St.), and from top to bottom they dont have a whole lot of depth, after the top couple schools it gets pretty weak. And I don't want to hear any comments about the Eastern Washington game haha, bad luck and a rough first quarter and an embarassing last couple minutes will do that to you I guess.

Just curious what you guys think about your guys chances to be a decent team again. As much as I'd like to say good luck you all know I wouldn't mean it haha

With a little research, I think you would find that UND has the same number of conference titles, more wins and a higher winning percentage all time than NDSU.

As we have all noticed the Sioux have never really been a football school, of course they've had some good years here and there(2001 or whenever they won their title?) but all in all, you guys typically are not a great team.

Where have you been the past three or four decades? Even if you're a young guy some very basic research will show you that this is an incredibly uninformed statement. We have 14 D-II post-season playoff appearances compared to 16 or 17 at NDSU; and 24 outright or co league championships. "never really been a football school" -- Hardly!

Considering that UND has an all-time record of 604-366-30, it is pretty myopic of you to say that UND is historically not a very good team. 1 National Championship, 1 National Runner-Up, and 23 conference titles is hardly a losing tradition. On top of that, UND holds a winning record of 62-45-3 against the Bison. So if UND is a bad team, what does that make NDSU? If you don't want to be labeled as a troll here, you might want to get a little more information on a subject before you are starting threads about it.

I still fail to see how our location relative to the Big Sky means we can't be competitive. Did Northern Colorado's location keep them from being competitive in NCC football? Has Youngstown State's location in the Gateway/MVFC kept them from being a successful FCS program? This is not D2 where every conference is a bus league. The landscape of DI athletics is geographically growing conferences.

As far as EWU, Bison fans can make all the excuses about that game they want. But EWU won the game and then went on to win the National Championship. There are now four (4) current members of the Big Sky that have I-AA/FCS National Championships. The Big Sky boasts six (6) National Championships and (7) Runner-ups. Of those 13 appearances in the championship game, 10 of them are by current members. Cal Poly and UC Davis have great history with their football programs and have shown a commitment to being successful at the FCS level. SUU appears to have turned their program around and has some nice wins in the last few seasons. Whether or not you realize it, UND does in fact have a history of success in football. We have the support and resources to be a successful FCS program as well. The addition of all four of these programs will only help make the Big Sky stronger top to bottom.

As for as us never having a chance to be competative with programs such as Montana, we gave the Griz a decent game this fall despite having a pretty lack-luster team this season. I think most UND fans would agree that this season's team doesn't really even compare to most of our teams from the last 10-15 years that we were in D2. Do we have work to do before we are competing at the national level in FCS? Absolutely, you won't see any fans on here disputing that. But to say that UND doesn't "have any chances to compete(Montana, Montana State)" is nothing more than wishful thinking by Bison fans.

• Upvote 1

Considering that UND has an all-time record of 604-366-30, it is pretty myopic of you to say that UND is historically not a very good team. 1 National Championship, 1 National Runner-Up, and 23 conference titles is hardly a losing tradition. On top of that, UND holds a winning record of 62-45-3 against the Bison. So if UND is a bad team, what does that make NDSU? If you don't want to be labeled as a troll here, you might want to get a little more information on a subject before you are starting threads about it.

I still fail to see how our location relative to the Big Sky means we can't be competitive. Did Northern Colorado's location keep them from being competitive in NCC football? Has Youngstown State's location in the Gateway/MVFC kept them from being a successful FCS program? This is not D2 where every conference is a bus league. The landscape of DI athletics is geographically growing conferences.

As far as EWU, Bison fans can make all the excuses about that game they want. But EWU won the game and then went on to win the National Championship. There are now four (4) current members of the Big Sky that have I-AA/FCS National Championships. The Big Sky boasts six (6) National Championships and (7) Runner-ups. Of those 13 appearances in the championship game, 10 of them are by current members. Cal Poly and UC Davis have great history with their football programs and have shown a commitment to being successful at the FCS level. SUU appears to have turned their program around and has some nice wins in the last few seasons. Whether or not you realize it, UND does in fact have a history of success in football. We have the support and resources to be a successful FCS program as well. The addition of all four of these programs will only help make the Big Sky stronger top to bottom.

As for as us never having a chance to be competative with programs such as Montana, we gave the Griz a decent game this fall despite having a pretty lack-luster team this season. I think most UND fans would agree that this season's team doesn't really even compare to most of our teams from the last 10-15 years that we were in D2. Do we have work to do before we are competing at the national level in FCS? Absolutely, you won't see any fans on here disputing that. But to say that UND doesn't "have any chances to compete(Montana, Montana State)" is nothing more than wishful thinking by Bison fans.

Quit muddying the waters with all those facts. It tends to be a real debate-killer. ;)

Too late.

Really, I mean REALLLY!!! Anyone who comes to the chat room of another school with that kind of message is either incredibly immature, ignorant, stupid or just looking to stir the waters so they can go back to bisonswill and say "Geez the posters at Siouxsports are really terds all I did was ask some simple questions."

I think the statistics that have been shared speak for themselves. UND owns the overall record vs SU (or similar to your post "The school down south") We owned SU in the last decade we played each other in football. SU had the glory years before the rest of the DII caught up in scholarships then they bolted when that became obvious. Then when they had almost double the scholarships they wanted UND to continue to play them, which didn't make sense for anyone but "The school down south". Now the ignoramous on their website refuse to move on and continue to feed their egos by posting negative comments about UND, even so far as needing to have a permanent Smack thread to hold their spite, anger and envy. UND will do just fine in the BIG SKY, we're glad you're concerned but as history has shown UND is committed to putting a quality team on the field in all sports and once the transition is over will be right on track to continue to do so. Enjoy the Summit you deserve it.

• Upvote 2

Really, I mean REALLLY!!! Anyone who comes to the chat room of another school with that kind of message is either incredibly immature, ignorant, stupid or just looking to stir the waters so they can go back to bisonswill and say "Geez the posters at Siouxsports are really terds all I did was ask some simple questions."

I think the statistics that have been shared speak for themselves. UND owns the overall record vs SU (or similar to your post "The school down south") We owned SU in the last decade we played each other in football. SU had the glory years before the rest of the DII caught up in scholarships then they bolted when that became obvious. Then when they had almost double the scholarships they wanted UND to continue to play them, which didn't make sense for anyone but "The school down south". Now the ignoramous on their website refuse to move on and continue to feed their egos by posting negative comments about UND, even so far as needing to have a permanent Smack thread to hold their spite, anger and envy. UND will do just fine in the BIG SKY, we're glad you're concerned but as history has shown UND is committed to putting a quality team on the field in all sports and once the transition is over will be right on track to continue to do so. Enjoy the Summit you deserve it.

Great post!!! :)

I actually feel sorry for NDSU, they are the Jan Brady of North Dakota. UND is on the right track, not only are we joining a superior conference but we are associating ourselves with institutions of a higher caliber than that of the Summit League. Our footprint will be huge and the exposure will attract better recruits and better students. If we could build a new stadium on campus as well as better training facilities I believe we will be invited to a FBS conference along with Montana. We already have made a very popular name for ourselves and have millions of fans (in hockey) all over the US and Canada, if we build up football and basketball bigger conferences will jump at the opportunity to align themselves with us.

I heard that at the next conference meeting the Summit League is thinking about changing the name of their league to the NCC. The NCC name would better represent the region of the country they are from. It is rather laughable that NDSU left the old NCC to separate themselves from D2 and the schools in the NCC and here they are right back together with the schools they didn't want to acknowledge before. And the real irony in the situation is that low and behold UND ends up in the premier conference in FCS the Big Sky. The Big Sky is more of a national conference than the regional conference like the NCC. It is funny how things can come back to bite you like what happened to NDSU. Some people at NDSU must be scratching their heads saying what has happened. It sure did a 360 right back to where they were.

I heard that at the next conference meeting the Summit League is thinking about changing the name of their league to the NCC. The NCC name would better represent the region of the country they are from. It is rather laughable that NDSU left the old NCC to separate themselves from D2 and the schools in the NCC and here they are right back together with the schools they didn't want to acknowledge before. And the real irony in the situation is that low and behold UND ends up in the premier conference in FCS the Big Sky. The Big Sky is more of a national conference than the regional conference like the NCC. It is funny how things can come back to bite you like what happened to NDSU. Some people at NDSU must be scratching their heads saying what has happened. It sure did a 360 right back to where they were.

Just look at how pissed they were when UNC left the Great West for the Big Sky, they (NDSU) were bashing them up and down...why?? Because the BSC said no to NDSU joining them, and now UND is in and NDSU is still in the NCC 2.0 conference.

yawn ???

And in case Bison fans are curious, UND is playing Michigan next week on ESPN. That is not Michigan North Dakota. It would be Michigan of the Big Ten. Anything going on in Fargo these days. It sure has been quiet down south of here.

Is that like the WCHA being NSIC Lite? NDSU is very happy where we are. With Mr. Faison running your sports programs like DII I'm sure you'll be having fun....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Well here is a penny for your thoughts... I would give you a Nickel, but your team in the last 10 years of the series couldn't figue out a way to win it. So I think we should hold to it from now on. It's home is here, and we take great care of it.

• Upvote 1

Is that like the WCHA being NSIC Lite? NDSU is very happy where we are. With Mr. Faison running your sports programs like DII I'm sure you'll be having fun....

It's a good thing you're happy with where you're at, because you're going to be stuck there for quite a while.

You mean the WCHA with two teams remaining along with Notre Dame and Michigan, yep thats the conference.

Your fanbase seems pretty concerned with UND and the direction UND is headed. That concern really hit an all time high about the same time the Big Sky announcement came about. Weird. I find your fanbases constant "concern" rather entertaining, like this gentleman taking the time to start this thread. Not knowing anything about UND but yet knowing of our poor recent seasons and also knowing enough of what we have returning to now understand our excitement for our future. Did you create another account Danno? Couldn't support your envy for UND with just one?

DDan - while your response is "right on", the best way to address posts like this from SU fans is to simply ignore them. They probably get a rise out of all of us getting worked up about their silly comments!

******MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS BEFORE SCROLLING FURTHER*******

This guy posted the exact same thing at Bisonville. He obviously made the mistake of putting it on the wrong forum. He's a troll. I'm an SDSU fan but I thought you would like to know. Mods should delete this guy's account immediately.

Here's the link: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23443

• Upvote 1

******MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS BEFORE SCROLLING FURTHER*******

This guy posted the exact same thing at Bisonville. He obviously made the mistake of putting it on the wrong forum. He's a troll. I'm an SDSU fan but I thought you would like to know. Mods should delete this guy's account immediately.

Here's the link: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23443

I find it interesting that tony had pegged this troll as a UND fan pretending to be a NDSU fan. I guess he might know...I think tony is a UND fan pretending to be a NDSU fan. He slipped up when he gave UND its own forum on Bisonville back in 2005. He has since covered his tracks.

;)