SiouxSports.com Forum

So what's the real reason for all the Sioux bashing

nodak hockey fanatic

We cause other people to break their new toys

5578165323_78f27cfe93.jpg

I still can't believe that happened in the first game at the new rink. You think about the minimal possibility of that happening in a game at any level, and of course it happens the first game in the brand new rink. Maybe just a bad piece of glass or Connolly hit it in the perfect spot.

During a game, has the Ralph ever had a piece of plexi-glass break?

I think a couple times cracks have happened and the clips at the top break now and then but nothing like that.

yes, but according to the strict lady in the student section...if I tap the glass, it will shatter into a million pieces and then I am not supposed to move until the medical staff comes to assist me medically. She glared at me when I asked if that meant she was going to ask the teams not to check anyone into the glass (Finley in particular) and when I asked why the medical staff was going to assist me in anyway other than medically. I don't think she got the sarcasm in the questions.

yes, but according to the strict lady in the student section...if I tap the glass, it will shatter into a million pieces and then I am not supposed to move until the medical staff comes to assist me medically. She glared at me when I asked if that meant she was going to ask the teams not to check anyone into the glass (Finley in particular) and when I asked why the medical staff was going to assist me in anyway other than medically. I don't think she got the sarcasm in the questions.

what if i, hypothetically, I don't need any medical assistance? Maybe I'm just tough or something .... but when a deer ran into my car a few years ago, and the glass shattered into my face, the medical people were all freaking out and I'm thinking , "ok..that's fine but can I go? I have places to be..." :lol:

The same thing with the whole "watch for flying pucks" and if you do get hit by a puck "wait for medical assistance." I'm sorry, but I've been hit by pucks many times and I never got medical assistance, nor did I need any.

Story I have to share about Sioux bashing:

Before the championship game I see an usher helping a guy carry another guy down the stairs of the XCEL energy center (we were sitting down by the penalty box). Every person in our group is thinking "ohh my, this handicapped individual is having a tough time getting to his seat", so we are all offering a helping hand, and wouldn't you know it he's sitting in the row directly behind us next to the jerk Duluth fans. After the usher leaves we figure out that this jackbag isn't handicapped, he's drunk as a skunk.....and the usher at the X helped this drunk idiot to his seat (we're talking carrying the guy).... :glare:

He nearly puked like five times on my friend's wife (he spit on the floor like a thousand times......code for...I'm going to puke), and made sure in his drunken stooper to say "Sioux Sucks" as many times as he could.

The ushers hate us too... :angry:

Before the championship game I see an usher helping a guy carry another guy down the stairs of the XCEL energy center (we were sitting down by the penalty box). Every person in our group is thinking "ohh my, this handicapped individual is having a tough time getting to his seat", so we are all offering a helping hand, and wouldn't you know it he's sitting in the row directly behind us next to the jerk Duluth fans. After the usher leaves we figure out that this jackbag isn't handicapped, he's drunk as a skunk.....and the usher at the X helped this drunk idiot to his seat (we're talking carrying the guy).... :glare:

He nearly puked like five times on my friend's wife (he spit on the floor like a thousand times......code for...I'm going to puke), and made sure in his drunken stooper to say "Sioux Sucks" as many times as he could.

sorry you had to put up with the experience - I would not have and didn't - let it suffice with that

what if i, hypothetically, I don't need any medical assistance? Maybe I'm just tough or something .... but when a deer ran into my car a few years ago, and the glass shattered into my face, the medical people were all freaking out and I'm thinking , "ok..that's fine but can I go? I have places to be..." :lol:

The same thing with the whole "watch for flying pucks" and if you do get hit by a puck "wait for medical assistance." I'm sorry, but I've been hit by pucks many times and I never got medical assistance, nor did I need any.

haha! I KNOW! and it was never my turn to get the puck that hit you!:sad::D

sorry you had to put up with the experience - I would not have and didn't - let it suffice with that

The part that was absolutely unacceptable was the fact that the usher had to have smelled the fact this guy was intoxicated, but basically carrying this guy down the steps to get to his seat is what pissed us off.

Had my friend's wife been puked on, we would have been sitting in the manager's office at the X expecting some type of explanation. (And an apology).

I was sitting one section to your left and I saw him making his way down the stairs. I, too, couldn't tell if he was absolutely hammered or if he was handicapped.

I was sitting one section to your left and I saw him making his way down the stairs. I, too, couldn't tell if he was absolutely hammered or if he was handicapped.

First thing he says when he gets to his seat, "I'm handicapped, I need help". Then we got a whiff of him.....my God...... :glare:

Took a walk through Bonzers bar late last night, saw a number, at least 6, of our Fighting Sioux players having a pretty good time, lots of

hot young hockey bunnies flocking to them, hope they aren't distracted with all the attention. Then again, it seemed as though

this was their normal routine, like young rock stars.....

This is a normal occurance on non-hockey playing weekends.

Though I'm not sure why this is relevant... or why I responded to this. :silly:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let me guess, he was a Gopher or of Bulldog fan?

another my post is bigger than yours tard heard from?

well stated :silly: i had to reread it to get what you meant in your rambling, but no, im not a post counter nor mentally disabled. and my points in the previous post are still valid in response to your displeasure of this topic... it was on it's way to a natural death before you brought it back to the top of the page, which is the true irony if you really don't want anymore conversation on this topic (although noone has a gun to your head making you read it :D ), and your infrequent post added nothing to the conversation (as off topic as it may be at this time).

well stated :silly: i had to reread it to get what you meant in your rambling, but no, im not a post counter nor mentally disabled. and my points in the previous post are still valid in response to your displeasure of this topic... it was on it's way to a natural death before you brought it back to the top of the page, which is the true irony if you really don't want anymore conversation on this topic (although noone has a gun to your head making you read it :D ), and your infrequent post added nothing to the conversation (as off topic as it may be at this time).

I guess the sarcasm I intended was completely missed by you?

The original comments involved someone disclosing that our hockey players might have been in a bar!

Being frozen 4 week and all, the hall monitor has a tendency to eliminate any negative overtones.

But you do still have me by about 1400 times that posting was more important that doing your job.........if you have one?

I guess the sarcasm I intended was completely missed by you?

The original comments involved someone disclosing that our hockey players might have been in a bar!

Being frozen 4 week and all, the hall monitor has a tendency to eliminate any negative overtones.

But you do still have me by about 1400 times that posting was more important that doing your job.........if you have one?

Did I miss something in the original post? So what if our hockey players were at Bonzers? Have you been there? Great atmosphere and sandwiches! Are there no 21 and over hockey players on the Fighting Sioux hockey team?

Did I miss something in the original post? So what if our hockey players were at Bonzers? Have you been there? Great atmosphere and sandwiches! Are there no 21 and over hockey players on the Fighting Sioux hockey team?

You definitely missed something somewhere along the line and I really don't have the time to fully explain it to you.

And yes, I was in Bonzer's the 1st day it opened in GF; little different location, but still downtown.

And the sarcasm is directed at censorship of forums, wherein once you start you really have trouble knowing where to draw the line.

I have no problem with any 21 yr old hockey player being in Bonzer's;

just with choosing to lie about reality.