SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

Denver will not roll over for us. That is a given. It will be a good game, however it turns out. Probably the best game yet in post season play. Denver just played a game and a half last night, with heavy reliance on their top line. That will play in our favor. I don't see the same first period as last week. Having some key players back will only help us. Still, I think it will be a dogfight, and I think it will be a tight game. Dell had better be on his game (and he has been). Likewise for our defensemen.

On another note, I had a feeling that the eastern teams were highly overrated, based on the few games I watched. I had a feeling that the WCHA were going to be overdogs in post season play.

Can hardly wait for the puck drop.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

BTW, I think I will be watching the game at Reza's Pitch in Bismarck. I watched yesterdays game and there was a good crew of Sioux supporters. It was fun!

I beleive they do, but have the Sioux ever worn black when they're the home team?

They did 12/5/10 against St. Cloud.

Per Tim:

"Matt Frattin walked into the Fighting Sioux locker room like always, ready to put on the iconic white home jersey and attempt to sweep the St. Cloud State Huskies for the first time since 2008.

Only when he walked in, all he saw was black.

“This is my fourth year and we’ve never worn the blacks at home,” said Frattin.

The 11,941 attendees at Ralph Engelstad Arena who probably didn’t expect to see the alternate black uniforms also probably didn’t expect to see Frattin and the Fighting Sioux break out with five goals in the first period en route to a 6-2 dismantling of the Huskies, either."

I beleive they do, but have the Sioux ever worn black when they're the home team?

In the tournament or in general? We wore them at home against SCSU this year.

anyways, it's up to the boys to put DUMBver back where they belong: At home, watching us win. Someone's gotta put those d-bags in their place, and it needs to be us. :D

i hurt my back so watching this game at joe sensers today will be a challenge ... but no pain, no gain, right?

LET'S DO THIS BOYS! GO SIOUX!

Denver will not roll over for us. That is a given. It will be a good game, however it turns out. Probably the best game yet in post season play. Denver just played a game and a half last night, with heavy reliance on their top line. That will play in our favor. I don't see the same first period as last week. Having some key players back will only help us. Still, I think it will be a dogfight, and I think it will be a tight game. Dell had better be on his game (and he has been). Likewise for our defensemen.

On another note, I had a feeling that the eastern teams were highly overrated, based on the few games I watched. I had a feeling that the WCHA were going to be overdogs in post season play.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

BTW, I think I will be watching the game at Reza's Pitch in Bismarck. I watched yesterdays game and there was a good crew of Sioux supporters. It was fun!

Likewise for our forwards....remember in championship game of the final 5 we had easy scoring chances that we didnt put away.....if we had put those away the game would have been alot easier......if we bury those chances today we will be just fine!

No team has cost the Fighting Sioux more National Championships than DU.

Today it's time for a little payback.

Stay out of the box, hands on sticks, sticks on ice, and play Fighting Sioux hockey!

GO SIOUX!!!! Punch that ticket to the X!!

In the tournament or in general? We wore them at home against SCSU this year.

anyways, it's up to the boys to put DUMBver back where they belong: At home, watching us win. Someone's gotta put those d-bags in their place, and it needs to be us. :D

i hurt my back so watching this game at joe sensers today will be a challenge ... but no pain, no gain, right?

LET'S DO THIS BOYS! GO SIOUX!

i dont think the sioux asked scsu we just wore them..both teams wore road unis that night st cloud wore red....i read somewhere that the league doesnt want both team wearing dark uniforms!

WMU kept Denver off the scoreboard for 56 minutes. Bold prediction here, but I think we'll keep them off the scoreboard for 60. 4-0 Sioux! Frattin gets a goal for the 10th straight game to secure the Hobey. Genoway, Hextall, & Rodwell score too. St. Paul here we come!

GO SIOUX!!!!!

My family and I will be there today, as well. Was it difficult to find seating?

Go Sioux!

5-2 Sioux with an empty netter. Book it!

Denver has ended 2 of the best Sioux chances to win a title this last decade. The eliminated the Parise - Bochenski team 1-0 and also beat us in Columbus to win a national title, though we badly outplayed them. Time to right this ship.

Are you serious? I certainly hope it had nothing to do with the fact that DU is staying there and playing UND today.

They had the DU radio guy on WCCO this morning and he said his first thought was someone from GF pulled the alarm but it was confirmed by the hotel that it was something in the kitchen.

We gotta stay out of the box today. I've been disappointed in the apparent desire for the officials in this tourney to want to create games that are little more than special teams battles and to try and even things up when one team starts to dominate. The game is meant to flow and to be played 5x5. Too much special teams hinders our depth advantage as well.

DU will try to get us to play undisciplined...keep it in check boys.

They had the DU radio guy on WCCO this morning and he said his first thought was someone from GF pulled the alarm but it was confirmed by the hotel that it was something in the kitchen.

I don't blame him one bit for having that thought. But it's great to know it wasn't.