SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO GOT ROBBED!

RuBNcereal

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Michigan :p But anyways, was it called a goal initially? Not that that should matter if the replayed showed no clear view. Sounds like I'm 2-0 just like the refs so far... Not sure the total powerplays in the game but Duluth fought off nine powerplays themselves! So refs win that one as well, even though D Doggs get the win. I reflect and tend to like our refs way more in this stage of the hockey season. What a crock.

They've apparently changed the standard from "clearly crossed the goal line" to "coulda maybe sorta probably crossed the goal line if I had to guess, considering it's OT and I have dinner reservations".

Thats hilarious! No, luapsided. They goal was initially waved off and needed clear evidence to turn over

I'm not 100% convinced that the replay showed conclusive evidence, but I believe it was a goal. Yeah, it's a tough way to lose a game if you're a UNO fan but imagine how upset you'd be if you were a Michigan fan and it had been ruled not a goal. Blais didn't argue much if at all, so that should tell you something.

Duh, the rules say conclusive evidence. I don't see it in the net.

I'm not 100% convinced that the replay showed conclusive evidence, but I believe it was a goal. Yeah, it's a tough way to lose a game if you're a UNO fan but imagine how upset you'd be if you were a Michigan fan and it had been ruled not a goal. Blais didn't argue much if at all, so that should tell you something.

Blais didn't argue because he hadn't seen the replay yet and must have given the refs the benefit of the doubt that they made the right call. Whoops..

erm, yeah to be honest I bet the Michigan fans could see why it was a no goal and what would blais arguing do? It wouldn't change the call.

Like I said, the replay may not have been conclusive but I still believe it was a goal. I don't know if that makes it the right call, but I do know that I would be pissed if the Sioux were in the position Michigan was in and had it ruled no goal.

That's pretty ignorant. There's no evidence that it was a goal and by the rules it is NOT a goal. Being pissed off over that would be highly stupid.

• Upvote 1

I didn't initially see it, but if you look at the replay, I think that might be the puck between the goalie's skate blades...there's a roundish black spot on the slow motion replay...then he moves his skates outward. When you see the puck coming back out and trace its line, it goes right to that spot. That might be what they are seeing...just my thoughts and I'm not saying I'm right...but that's what I see on the replay...they looked at it for 10 minutes so they must have seen something and finally concluded that it was the puck...

In the meantime, CC is wiping up the ice with BC...go CC...

Like I said, the replay may not have been conclusive but I still believe it was a goal. I don't know if that makes it the right call, but I do know that I would be pissed if the Sioux were in the position Michigan was in and had it ruled no goal.

But of course you would think that it's a goal, you must have oppositional defiance disorder or something.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unless they can show a screenshot of the goal over the line then it was no goal.

With this much controversy the NCAA should release the video still of the puck across the line.

I won't be holding my breath waiting though.