SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

This isn't a bash Eidness thread nor should there be one, his is a good goalie. However, what always scared me was how he played the puck. He would come out way to far and have no sense of urgency when trying to play it to a forward. I can recall several near misses and a few ooops goals.

Last year Eids was 8th in the country in winning percentage and goals against. His save percentage was a bit lower, but his .914 put him at 23rd and he'd have to get to .919 to get to 11th.

And to top it off he led the country in minutes played.

So he was good, very good, last year.

I just wanted to rant a little and it is in regards to Midcontinent. Since the beginning of this season Midcontinent has had St. Cloud State home hockey games on one of Midcontinent Sports Network's alternate channels and the one time where it'd actually be worth it to have, they don't. Instead they have the UND women's game on the regular MidcoSN channel and the alternate channel 1 while they've got something else on alternate channel 2. I suppose there is still some chance that they pick up the Charter Communications feed.

I mean good job to the women's hockey team and what they've accomplished but it would be nice to watch the men's game on TV as well instead of a webcast.

When I saw earlier this year that the UND/Minn. women's games were being televised on the same nights that the Sioux men were playing in St. Cloud, I figured there was no way we'd see the games at St. Cloud like we did last year........crap.

You should be fine actually. According to St. Cloud's hockey schedule, the North Dakota series will be on Charter Channel 14 both Friday and Saturday. For those who live in the Twin Cities, they'll be able to catch the Saturday game on TV via Comcast Channel 13(St. Paul) or Comcast Channel 23(Minneapolis).

Source:

http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/sports/hockey-mens/schedule.asp

It's hit or miss in the Twin Cities...the link above indicates that Saturday's game will be available on Comcast (nothing about Friday's game however)...I did check my online guide for Comcast and as of right now it only shows paid programming (i.e. infomercials) for both nights...hoping that at least Saturday's game will be shown here...

Video of Marvin's two-handed slash on Connolly is supposedly on its way to the WCHA.

At least he's gotten away from blatant cheap shots to the heads of players........Marvin is a thug. But the WCHA will only give him a game suspension or warning, and move on from there.

What's the scoop on a Sioux Sports social in St. Cloud this weekend?

St. Cloud Center Ice Club and SCSU Alumni Association are partnering to host a pre-game social this Saturday, February 19th.

Location: St. Cloud Holiday Inn and Suites - Legends Bar and Grill

Time: 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.

Complimentary food available, and door prizes will be awarded. All fans are welcome and encouraged to attend.

SiouxSports.com does not have an official role at this function (we host the event in Grand Forks every season), but our group of 37 will be there. ;)

Dave

Who holds the challenge cup right now? Didn't we split last year? So who held it should have kept it.

One win or tie and its ours this year! Let's get the cup to start the 2011 collection.

Sidenote: if you say it 20-11 collection it really has a ring to it.

You are correct that last season was a tie (splits in Grand Forks [W 4-2, L 2-3] and St. Cloud [L 3-4, W 8-1]). Since we "share" the trophy when the teams each earn four points in the regular season series (no playoff tiebreaker or anything like that, at least not yet...), and since we had held the Challenge Cup since January 2009, I left the Cup with the Center Ice Club after the February 2010 series.

And yes, UND needs one point this weekend to claim the Cup outright.

Look for more information about the history of the UND/SCSU Challenge Cup later this week.

Dave

• Upvote 1

You should be fine actually. According to St. Cloud's hockey schedule, the North Dakota series will be on Charter Channel 14 both Friday and Saturday. For those who live in the Twin Cities, they'll be able to catch the Saturday game on TV via Comcast Channel 13(St. Paul) or Comcast Channel 23(Minneapolis).

Source:

http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/sports/hockey-mens/schedule.asp

Found this link which shows both listed on Charter. Not sure which areas of the state show which, but I hope my area will have the Sioux!

http://www.chartermainstreetgld.com/webstuff/HockeySchedules/10-11_WCHA_HockeyScheduleMN.pdf

St. Cloud Center Ice Club and SCSU Alumni Association are partnering to host a pre-game social this Saturday, February 19th.

Location: St. Cloud Holiday Inn and Suites - Legends Bar and Grill

Time: 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.

Complimentary food available, and door prizes will be awarded. All fans are welcome and encouraged to attend.

SiouxSports.com does not have an official role at this function (we host the event in Grand Forks every season), but our group of 37 will be there. ;)

Dave

Thanks Dave! So there'll be at least 37 other Sioux fans at the event if my wife and I decide to crash?

Last year Eids was 8th in the country in winning percentage and goals against. His save percentage was a bit lower, but his .914 put him at 23rd and he'd have to get to .919 to get to 11th.

And to top it off he led the country in minutes played.

So he was good, very good, last year.

Thank you for setting the record straight for everybody with memory loss. A few bad games earlier this year eliminates two very good years. Its too bad.

Just got this e-mail back from Midco Sports Net:

"I am happy to announce that we will be picking up the game feed for Friday night's (February 18) UND @ St Cloud State Men's hockey game at 7pm on MidcoSN3 (check our Channel Lineups on MidcoComm.com to find the channel for your area). We are in the process of updating the TV guide, but this has been added to the schedule on MidcoSportsNet.com."

Thanks!

Jason Kueter

Web Marketing Manager

Midco Sports Network

Jason_Kueter@mmi.net

hell YEAH!