SiouxSports.com Forum

UND sophomore forward Danny Kristo is out indefinitely after sustainin

Siouxfull

Is there another article that people read that has the information people are citing? "Found walking" is not in the article I read. I don't see any mention of any other part of his body being frostbitten. No mention of being found in the snow. Am I missing something here?

Is there another article that people read that has the information people are citing? "Found walking" is not in the article I read. I don't see any mention of any other part of his body being frostbitten. No mention of being found in the snow. Am I missing something here?

GF Herald hockey reporter Brad Schlossman has tweeted that most of these rumors are untrue.

Unfortunately it's hearsay and speculation.

It's pretty clear that alcohol was involved here. I am guessing there were many students walking around campus that day and I don't recall Altru being overrun with thousands of frostbite cases. As long as you keep moving and aren't frickin walking from Memorial Stadium over the Clifford Hall, you will be cold but you won't have the type of frostbite that gets you airlifted to a Twin Cities hospital. My biggest concern is that most college kids don't get hammered by themselves. Where were his friends or teammates? I can't imagine that no one had the common sense to realize that he was in trouble and shouldn't be left alone or allowed to leave by himself. All that being said, the biggest concern right now is that he gets healthy. I really hope that one day of bad decision making doesn't ruin his whole career.

This makes me sick to my stomach.....And it has nothing to do with how it hurts the sioux hockey team.

Its all just speculation from this point until we get the whole truth, but this is what I'd like to know....

~Was he air lifted to St. Paul? If so, likely an extreme emergency.

~Was he really passed out in a snowbank?

~How bad is it on his hands and the rest of his body?

~Was alcohol involved with the incident?

Kristo is clearly a fan favorite, and a definite favorite of young kids in the community. I hope he is able to make a full recovery. I watched a TV show the other day that showed a severe frostbite victim that had his hands and legs amputated. I hope that its nothing to that extent.

This makes me sick to my stomach.....And it has nothing to do with how it hurts the sioux hockey team.

Its all just speculation from this point until we get the whole truth, but this is what I'd like to know....

~Was he air lifted to St. Paul? If so, likely an extreme emergency.

~Was he really passed out in a snowbank?

~How bad is it on his hands and the rest of his body?

~Was alcohol involved with the incident?

Kristo is clearly a fan favorite, and a definite favorite of young kids in the community. I hope he is able to make a full recovery. I watched a TV show the other day that showed a severe frostbite victim that had his hands and legs amputated. I hope that its nothing to that extent.

I think the release from UND is pretty much accurate. So I think you can discount these two items

A little prayer wouldn't hurt. Good luck Danny!

I can assure Sioux fans that Gopher nation is praying for and wishing the best for both Kristo and Genoway. Like the injury to Buddish, these are young talented guys that are playing for the colleges they love and have strong NHL potential after college. Any moron that wishes this on anyone is a piece of trash.

It was stated best in an earler post that both sides have a share of mornonic fans.

I've been going to the Gopher Sioux games in GF for nearly 10 years and I have to say that the moron fans in GF are becoming a rare find. This website has became a great read for good hockey fans that have passion for thier team and WCHA and college hockey. While Minnesota can boast they have some of the best talent in the country in the high school ranks, ND can too claim some good HS hockey programs, an elite college hockey program, the finest college hockey arena, and great fans.

Hopefuly the Gophs don't run to a Big 10 Conference...the Goph/Sioux series has really became the must see games...the Badger series now seems no more intense than the Seawolves games...

Hope to see the Gophs and Sioux again this year at the X.

• Upvote 1

Gopher fan here, just wanted to chime in and wish Danny the best of luck in his recovery. Rivals or not, something like this is never good to hear.

Thanks for being classy.

Please note I am not speculating on anything here, I don't know the story.

HOWEVER.

Weather this cold is dangerous, and if you ever, EVER see someone out in the cold who looks like they are in trouble, HELP THEM. Even if they are drunk and underage and might get in trouble. Getting in trouble is better than dying or being seriously injured. It doesn't matter if it did or did not happen to Danny. It could happen to any student or any person who walks home alone whether they are drunk or sober.

I know many kids don't think this way but, better a suspension and legal trouble then potentially losing a year if not more and be in medical trouble.

I really and truly wish that all the bullshat speculation that is being posted as fact would end. We can guess what lead up to his injury but unless you were there or are privy to confidential medical information you don't know squat!! Isn't it bad enough that the kid has a case of frostbite that is serious enough to land him in a hospital in Mpls? Is it really necessary to post crap that you don't know is true!! GAWD!!!!! Posts such as these just make me want to reach out and smack those grand-mas that have nothing better to do than gossip about things they know nothing about upside the head!!!! :angry:

I would + this but I have exceeded my positive quota for the day. :lol:

I really and truly wish that all the bullshat speculation that is being posted as fact would end. We can guess what lead up to his injury but unless you were there or are privy to confidential medical information you don't know squat!! Isn't it bad enough that the kid has a case of frostbite that is serious enough to land him in a hospital in Mpls? Is it really necessary to post crap that you don't know is true!! GAWD!!!!! Posts such as these just make me want to reach out and smack those grand-mas that have nothing better to do than gossip about things they know nothing about upside the head!!!! :angry:

I agree 100% Best post of the day!

A Denver fan checking in with good wishes. I hope Danny gets the care he needs and that his hockey career can continue.

Danny is a high-profile, highly drafted player with a very bright future in the game, and if his career is harmed by this, it would really be an awful thing for everyone.

Here's something that isn't speculation. Danny has had numerous alcohol related incidents, and is often more intoxicated than he should be on a night where he is "celebrating". The writing on the wall here is that alcohol contributed to this sad and scary development. I wish Danny a speedy recovery and hope he is able to live as painless and normal life as he can after he heals from this injury. It seems like every year an alcohol related incident is coming out of this program, I understand "boys will be boys", but an issue as serious as this should serve as a wake up call to the program. Again I don't want to detract from the seriousness of the situation Danny finds himself in, I do wish however that the coaching staff and the team begin to promote and engage in more responsible behavior away from the rink.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

Here's something that isn't speculation. Danny has had numerous alcohol related incidents, and is often more intoxicated than he should be on a night where he is "celebrating". The writing on the wall here is that alcohol contributed to this sad and scary development. I wish Danny a speedy recovery and hope he is able to live as painless and normal life as he can after he heals from this injury. It seems like every year an alcohol related incident is coming out of this program, I understand "boys will be boys", but an issue as serious as this should serve as a wake up call to the program. Again I don't want to detract from the seriousness of the situation Danny finds himself in, I do wish however that the coaching staff and the team begin to promote and engage in more responsible behavior away from the rink.

Not to feed into the alcohol ASSUMPTIONS but in reply to this post;

How would u categorize the dismissal of Fratten in the summer of 2010?

Just keep in mind these are YOUNG adults NOT kids. Coaches do not dictate the off ice behavior of the players to the degree u suggest anymore than an employer can of an employee in the work place.

I do not hold Hak and Co on a pedestal by any means, but I am very confident when I say that I think hak and Co have tremendous integrity and he aggressively teaches that to his players. while I do not know that is true, I would bet great sums of money that it is.

Agreed, 100%!

Here's something that isn't speculation, get off your high horse and stop judging people. Especially in a difficult time. Just because you have a jerk opinion, doesn't mean you need to express it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I would + this but I have exceeded my positive quota for the day. :lol:

I would give Sioux-cia's post a + as well except that it contains one critical piece of misinformation.

Regions is in Saint Paul, not Minneapolis. Sioux-cia, you of all folks should know better!

Roseau-Warroad. Dallas-Fort Worth. Duluth-Superior. GF-EGF. Potato-Potatoe.

Saint Paul is not Minneapolis. Big big differences across many lines.

The Frozen Four is in Saint Paul this year. There is much talent that has been riding the the pine. Kids can and will step up.

This incident, tragic as it is and preventable as it was, will serve as a catalyst for this team

to really come together and recommit to their end goal game . . . . Hoisting a Title on April 9.

For Danny. For the fans. For the name. And, most importantly, for themselves, as a team.

I would give Sioux-cia's post a + as well except that it contains one critical piece of misinformation.

Regions is in Saint Paul, not Minneapolis. Sioux-cia, you of all folks should know better!

Roseau-Warroad. Dallas-Fort Worth. Duluth-Superior. GF-EGF. Potato-Potatoe.

Saint Paul is not Minneapolis. Big big differences across many lines.

The Frozen Four is in Saint Paul this year. There is much talent that has been riding the the pine. Kids can and will step up.

This incident, tragic as it is and preventable as it was, will serve as a catalyst for this team

to really come together and recommit to their end goal game . . . . Hoisting a Title on April 9.

For Danny. For the fans. For the name. And, most importantly, for themselves, as a team.

I have never worked in the Twin Cities so am not familiar with the hospitals in the area. When I've shipped people out to a hospital in the area, I transferred to *hospital* not to *hospital* in St Paul or Mpls. :blush:

Here's something that isn't speculation, get off your high horse and stop judging people. Especially in a difficult time. Just because you have a jerk opinion, doesn't mean you need to express it.

Can't + you due to quota. But, here's a thumbs up from me!!

I have never worked in the Twin Cities so am not familiar with the hospitals in the area. When I've shipped people out to a hospital in the area, I transferred to *hospital* not to *hospital* in St Paul or Mpls. :blush:

Sorry Sioux-cia. Did not know that. I thought that you had lived down here a stretch back. You know I am just ribbing you.