SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Robert Morris

AZSIOUX

The Sioux spoiled another arena grand opening while dominating Duluth! Robert Morris comes into Grand Forks for a non conference series and they are off to a good start with a 12-5-2 record. That being said they haven't played anyone at all by looking at their schedule. Sioux sweep!.

Pairwise Rankings

und.gif - Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 14-5-2

Conference Record, WCHA: 11-3-0, 22 points

Home: 5-2-1 / Away: 8-3-1 / Neutral: 1-0-0

rm.gif - Colonials Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 12-5-2

Conference Record, Atlantic Hockey: 7-5-2, 16 points

Home: 5-2-2 / Away: 7-3-0 / Neutral: 0-0-0

This is not a team to look past. RM has played BSU very tough many times over the past couple of years.

Time to bring the "A" game, drive to the net, and prepare for the second-half!

GO SIOUX!!!

damn right, that being said..sioux sweep

I kindof see this series as being a test of focus.

Miami look past SCSU and their goaltender went on Winter Break too long and SCSU won.

UND could do the same if they're not careful.

We need to play RMU like we play Minnesota or UMD. It doesn't matter what their record is or which conference they play in. We need to beat them. Plain and simple.

Miami look past SCSU and their goaltender went on Winter Break too long and SCSU won.

We need to play RMU like we play Minnesota or UMD. It doesn't matter what their record is or which conference they play in. We need to beat them. Plain and simple.

Agreed, we can't take them lightly no matter who else they play. Go into the game playing hard and stay focused...don't get lazy.

• Downvote 1

How many more starts does Eidsness see if Dell doesn't get kidnapped/lost/stolen/hurt/blind or completely blow up? I can't see more than just a couple at this rate, and I'm OK with that, because Dell has been a stud and I think the team along with most of us trust his play a lot more than Eidsness, even when Eidsness was winning a MacNaughton and a Broadmoor.

Agreed, we can't take them lightly no matter who else they play. Go into the game playing hard and stay focused...don't get lazy.

this will be a good mental test for the boys-coming off a big win versus duluth with the gophers looming the following week. that said just find a a way to win 2 games.

How many more starts does Eidsness see if Dell doesn't get kidnapped/lost/stolen/hurt/blind or completely blow up? I can't see more than just a couple at this rate, and I'm OK with that, because Dell has been a stud and I think the team along with most of us trust his play a lot more than Eidsness, even when Eidsness was winning a MacNaughton and a Broadmoor.

Sorry, but I think Eidsness will play as many games as he earns the right to play as decided by Hakstol and his performance with the team in practice (and other criteria).

And I'm not sure "most of us" can really qualify here. I do think there were a significant percentage of posters here that do rather find it gratifying in a way when Eidsness fails though. You know... haters love hating. I'm not sure you are a hater, but I can't imagine anyone other than LaPoint on this team that more posters here have turned on more definitely than Eidsness.

Dell has had a monster season so far and I'm glad for him. I think he's earned the #1 role hands down. But I doubt Eidsness has seen the last of the #1 role. I think Eidsness is only hampered by confidence issues. He gets confident again and it won't matter who is in nets for the Sioux to win.

And yeah, I think Eidsness is a good goaltender. Flame away.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, but I think Eidsness will play as many games as he earns the right to play as decided by Hakstol and his performance with the team in practice (and other criteria).

And I'm not sure "most of us" can really qualify here. I do think there were a significant percentage of posters here that do rather find it gratifying in a way when Eidsness fails though. You know... haters love hating. I'm not sure you are a hater, but I can't imagine anyone other than LaPoint on this team that more posters here have turned on more definitely than Eidsness.

Dell has had a monster season so far and I'm glad for him. I think he's earned the #1 role hands down. But I doubt Eidsness has seen the last of the #1 role. I think Eidsness is only hampered by confidence issues. He gets confident again and it won't matter who is in nets for the Sioux to win.

Hum! I see a bet coming here... I don't him playing anymore than a handful of games the rest of the way and it will probably be in the form of bad opponents like MTU and maybe one game against RMU... Even against the USDT Under 18 team he was fighting the puck horribly.

Hum! I see a bet coming here... I don't him playing anymore than a handful of games the rest of the way and it will probably be in the form of bad opponents like MTU and maybe one game against RMU... Even against the USDT Under 18 team he was fighting the puck horribly.

Good points. I do believe Eids has confidence issues. However it is nice to have two solid goaltenders who can come in at any time and give us a chance to win.

Good points. I do believe Eids has confidence issues. However it is nice to have two solid goaltenders who can come in at any time and give us a chance to win.

I think that is the problem, got rattled hasn't recovered all the way... Dell has been a rock right now so it's going to be hard to get him out of the net...

I meant what I said as more of a credit to Dell than a knock on Eidsness. I defended Eidsness a lot during the last couple years when people were ragging on him despite being a solid goaltender. He is not the same goaltender this year, though...period. Yes, he may be able to jump right back in the mix and rotate with Dell frequently, but I just don't see it. Dell's best game is better than Eidsness' best game.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't agree more. Sioux will have a number of these series in the second half of the season. While the brutal first half schedule was a great test of the team, and one that they passed with high marks, how they play against lesser teams will be critical. They need to avoid complacency and avoid playing down to their opponents level.

Does anyone know anything about the RMU players? I only recognize the names of the two ex-AJHL guys. I saw Kobialko play for Camrose several years ago (I think he played with Mike Connolly). He was a scorer back then. Evan Renwick bounced around the AJHL over the past 3 years and was with Canmore last season. He's a rangy defenceman who skates well. I saw him a couple of times last year. He rushed the puck well but didn't really know what to do with it once he got in the other team's end.

Dell's best game is better than Eidsness' best game.

Although I have also been an Eidsness supporter, that comment seems to be true. Dell appears to have more "best games" in him than even last year's Eidsness did. He just seems to be able to hold the concentration level for the entire 60 minutes without that occasional lapse that victimized Eidsness.

I have a bad feeling about one of the games this weekend...I think watching Team USA stink it up last night is part of the reason. I could see Robert Morris taking one of these games, they are no pushover.

Not sandbagging, if UND plays the way they should, this should be a sweep. We are lucky that UMN-Twin Cities isn't very good anymore, so that series doesn't hold the same allure that it would have about 3-5 years ago. The players will be peeking forward, but not too much I would think.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Eids on Friday night to keep him involved. We'll need him down the stretch as the season wares on. Brad isn't going go anywhere, although I've heard hes trying to finish his degree early. Although if Gothberg comes in next year thats 4 goalies, talk about a logjam.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Eids on Friday night to keep him involved. We'll need him down the stretch as the season wares on. Brad isn't going go anywhere, although I've heard hes trying to finish his degree early. Although if Gothberg comes in next year thats 4 goalies, talk about a logjam.

In that 4 goalie scenario unless Brad leaves early I think Mr. Maris would be the odd man out.

Gothberg is a 2012 recruit