SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Colors

GeauxSioux

Has there ever been any talk of changing UND's colors along with the name/mascot? I'm not advocating it, I'm just asking.

The answer is no. The only time any talk about changing colors has come up so far is when people ask if anyone has talked about changing the colors. And then someone else either jumps to a conclusion or else they take a shot at Kelley and Faison for no reason.

There wasn't much we could do about the left-wing PC agenda to change the nickname...but if they take our colors, there WILL be hell to pay.

What evidence has anyone seen or heard that anyone wants to change the colors? There is a lot of angst about absolutely nothing.

I don't like buying forest green Sioux stuff. It isn't our color. I don't buy Packers stuff with kelly green and "vegas" gold.

Dark Green is not a UND color...nor should it never be. (You would never see someone in Madison wearing Dark Red, or anyone in the Twin Cities wearing bright Red).

I don't like buying forest green Sioux stuff. It isn't our color. I don't buy Packers stuff with kelly green and "vegas" gold.

Dark Green is not a UND color...nor should it never be. (You would never see someone in Madison wearing Dark Red, or anyone in the Twin Cities wearing bright Red).

This has bugged the he'll out of me for a long time also. You don't see wisconsin marketing maroon crap...

What evidence has anyone seen or heard that anyone wants to change the colors? There is a lot of angst about absolutely nothing.

There is no evidence and I'm not implying that there is. I'm just saying, if they take the colors with the name, there will be hell to pay.

The answer is no. The only time any talk about changing colors has come up so far is when people ask if anyone has talked about changing the colors. And then someone else either jumps to a conclusion or else they take a shot at Kelley and Faison for no reason.

:D ...it's pretty easy though with those two!

I disagree, when the urgency to win takes over everything else you end up with Best Buy situations. Yes we need winning seasons to bring back the bandwagon fans and thus the money, but not at that cost.

Okay to get this thread back on topic. There is no way they would consider changing the colors - why would they, the colors have nothing to do with team names and logos. Actually the Prairie Rose color (what uninformed call pink) is one thing that makes UND unique and true to the state.

• 1 month later...

Is orange starting to become more of a school color? I believe it just started out as the orange flame in the academic logo and if you look at the UND homepage., it is starting to get used a lot more. Mikejm pointed out in another thread that there are whispers about "Spirit" being the new name. Is the orange going to be part of the color scheme for North Dakota Spirits?