SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Colors

GeauxSioux

Not just the word "Sioux" but that logo (which is as American Indian related as it can get) puts UND on the NCAA list.

To keep that logo, just like the name, takes two tribes.

It would be an interesting test of the NCAA's powers, no?

:D

Honest to god.......get rid of the pink.......

From Wyomings Post on Bisonville--

A lot of envy up there. Bison football is back on track after we had a much better transition that they have. Our BB team is young and looks to be outstanding. UND is fallng on their face during the transition. The football team is terrible. The BB team is not much better. And, they are an island in a far flung conference. They are in such a !@#!$ position that they have to try and ridicule our success......since they have had no success thus far in the DI move......

Proud member of TOHBTC

#5 11-29-2010, 04:19 AM

I find it hard to believe that you actually care about our school colors. Based on what you posted on bville, it surprises me you keep coming back to our sight.

Not just the word "Sioux" but that logo (which is as American Indian related as it can get) puts UND on the NCAA list.

To keep that logo, just like the name, takes two tribes.

You may be right but it does bring up a question. UND was told to keep the nickname Fighting Sioux they had to have the two closest tribes consent. But if the nickname then changes, and the name is actually a reference to one tribe, would that possibly be a loophole?

You may be right but it does bring up a question. UND was told to keep the nickname Fighting Sioux they had to have the two closest tribes consent. But if the nickname then changes, and the name is actually a reference to one tribe, would that possibly be a loophole?

Was there any discussion in the agreement that would ban UND from forming a deal with only Spirit Lake? The two tribe rule was for using "Fighting Sioux" and the current logo, but what if there was some change to the name and logo, but were still Native American in substance (with full approval from the Nation? Get Spirit Lake on board, and then inform the NCAA. Too bad UND's administration is hostile to the current name and can't wait for the change to take place.

A lot of envy up there. Bison football is back on track after we had a much better transition that they have. Our BB team is young and looks to be outstanding. UND is fallng on their face during the transition. The football team is terrible. The BB team is not much better. And, they are an island in a far flung conference. They are in such a !@#!$ position that they have to try and ridicule our success......since they have had no success thus far in the DI move......

I find it hard to believe that you actually care about our school colors. Based on what you posted on bville, it surprises me you keep coming back to our sight.

This certainly illustrates the lack of credibility or objectivity the guy has or wants to project. Not sure what his, or the other non/anti-Sioux fan obsession is with Sioux sports or this site.

• Upvote 1

Colors?

Athletics.

http://www.und.edu/dept/purchase/docs/Styleguide.pdf

University in general.

http://writersconference.und.nodak.edu/university-relations/branding/standards.cfm

Using the Pantone Matching System of spot colors,

UND green is designated as PMS 347 green and the orange is designated as PMS 165 orange.

The pink is PMS 189 pink.

This seems to be what is being talked about.

Yeah, but they don't have The Fighting Sioux in the Big Sky. :sad:

The Big Sky does not object to the nickname, the NCAA does.

Why does the nickname need the adjective "Fighting"? Wouldn't "Sioux" be less 'hostile and abusive', and possibly receive Standing Rock approval? After all, that is what the nickname was for most of the history of its use - and if you go back to the Standing Rock pipe ceremony, wasn't that the name that was actually agreed to?

The Big Sky does not object to the nickname, the NCAA does.

Why does the nickname need the adjective "Fighting"? Wouldn't "Sioux" be less 'hostile and abusive', and possibly receive Standing Rock approval? After all, that is what the nickname was for most of the history of its use - and if you go back to the Standing Rock pipe ceremony, wasn't that the name that was actually agreed to?

No

Well, you'd have to explain why Fighting makes it any more hostile and abusive to the tribes? The nickname is based on a particular quality (a quality to be admired, I might add, not one to be denigrated. Why else would you select a nickname?). No different than if we called it the Fighting Pioneers, or Fighting Dakotans, or Fighting Vikings, etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

je3YCs.jpg

Please pardon the crude artwork.

Spirit Lake already gave the University permission to use the logo.

Just got to change the nickname.

IF they were able to keep the logo to go along with North Dakota Fighting Spirit to honor the people of Spirit Lake and the stand they took, I could support this.

Proud member of TOHBTC

#5 11-29-2010, 04:19 AM

So what.......I have never said I liked the Sioux......christ....get a life. :lol:

• Downvote 2