SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Wisconsin

AZSIOUX

I heard the game is only on TV on Saturday in Wisconsin. Clearly I need to find out if any bars near the Wisconsin border within driving distance from the Twin Cities will have it on.... :D

Does anyone know if there a web cast for this game?

Does anyone know if there a web cast for this game?

http://www.uwbadgers.com/allaccess/

^ Looks like it. I find it amusing that they are using the interlocking ND logo instead of the Fighting Sioux logo.

Lowest subscription term is apparently a month for $9.95.

However, as you said in years past, Midcontinent has picked up the @UW games. Doubt they'll pick up Friday's game since it'll be on FCS but I think they'll try to pick up the Saturday game feed from the local station that is televising the game.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/allaccess/

^ Looks like it. I find it amusing that they are using the interlocking ND logo instead of the Fighting Sioux logo.

Lowest subscription term is apparently a month for $9.95.

However, as you said in years past, Midcontinent has picked up the @UW games. Doubt they'll pick up Friday's game since it'll be on FCS but I think they'll try to pick up the Saturday game feed from the local station that is televising the game.

that 9.95 isn't a bad price for both games, doesn't it cost 7 per game on fightingsioux.com?

that 9.95 isn't a bad price for both games, doesn't it cost 7 per game on fightingsioux.com?

Not sure since fightingsioux.com screwed up and charged me for a whole year instead of a month. Oh well, it's already paid for so now I can watch online WHENEVER I want ... for a year lol.

Is there any Sioux hot spots in Madison? How about fun bars in general? Looking forward to a fun trip and with a home football game there on Saturday I am betting it will be pretty wild.

I'm not sure of any Sioux hot spots. We are heading out there this weekend and were told to go to the Nitty Gritty Bar near the Kohl Center and the Great Dane Pub/Brewery near the capital.

From Brad's Blog

UND will head to Madison on Thursday with a group similar to the one we saw on the ice against Minnesota-Duluth.

That means Derek Forbort, Andrew MacWilliam and Carter Rowney are all still out. Forbort and MacWilliam are ill, possibly with mono, while Rowney continues to be sidelined after taking an elbow to the head against Denver. Rowney has not skated in the last two weeks.

Hopefully Forbort and MacWilliam will be able to shake that illness soon. Tough break for Rowney. If it is a concussion (as rumored) let's hope it doesn't turn into a long-term situation.

If Rowney has a concussion, was it caused by Bennett's flying elbow? If so (and that's a lot of ifs), where's the outrage? Malone's hit had a terrible outcome, but elbow and stick were down, feet were on the ice. From what I recall of Bennett's hit, he was off the ice, and he led with the elbow. Were they considering a suspension for an intentional hit to the head?

Now, if Rowney's injury has nothing to do with that hit, in the immortal words of Emily Litella, "Nevermind."

From Brad's Blog

Hopefully Forbort and MacWilliam will be able to shake that illness soon. Tough break for Rowney. If it is a concussion (as rumored) let's hope it doesn't turn into a long-term situation.

Mono can be a real bugger to shake in a sport requiring top conditioning. Not the long lasting effects of a concussion, but sometimes just as troublesome, short term.

If Rowney has a concussion, was it caused by Bennett's flying elbow? If so (and that's a lot of ifs), where's the outrage? Malone's hit had a terrible outcome, but elbow and stick were down, feet were on the ice. From what I recall of Bennett's hit, he was off the ice, and he led with the elbow. Were they considering a suspension for an intentional hit to the head?

Now, if Rowney's injury has nothing to do with that hit, in the immortal words of Emily Litella, "Nevermind."

Would love to see a video of that hit. Anyone have one?

To answer other questions...State Street Brats (603 State St.) is a good Sioux hangout before a game in MadTown.

Mono can be a real bugger to shake in a sport requiring top conditioning. Not the long lasting effects of a concussion, but sometimes just as troublesome, short term.

I've had patients, usually college students, who have had lingering weakness and fatigue for 8 and more weeks. Nasty virus!

This is true.

High school story. I was on the cross country team with a couple of really talented twins. They were on varsity in 8th grade. Really good runners. Anyways, they were both pretty much equally fast. Unfortunately, one of them got a real bad case of mono as a freshman and he was actually never the same again. He was about 2 minutes slower in a CC race to his brother, who went on to win 3 state titles in CC and track and went on to run collegiately at a D1 level. The one that suffered mono was still a good runner, just not the same as he once was.

Long story short ... depending on the severity of mono, it can be real tough to come back from.

I hope the cases with Forbs and Mac aren't severe and they'll be back soon ...

Tough news on Forbort, Mac, and Rowney.

Hopefully the "mono" brothers can make it back soon, we have a tough schedule in the 1st half, and those two are usually some of our best dmen.

If Rowney indeed has a concussion, hopefully it doesn't turn into a situation like Genoway/Kaip/etc.

Speedy recovery to all three.

Tough news on Forbort, Mac, and Rowney.

Hopefully the "mono" brothers can make it back soon, we have a tough schedule in the 1st half, and those two are usually some of our best dmen.

If Rowney indeed has a concussion, hopefully it doesn't turn into a situation like Genoway/Kaip/etc.

Speedy recovery to all three.

Forbert has played well so far, but he has a total of 6 games of experience so saying he is usually some of our best dmen might be stretching things just a little.

• Downvote 1