SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

5 minutes ago, squirtcoach said:

What do yoy know about him?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4128383-und-hockey-gfcs-caulfield-picks-und

Ā 

Highlights: 27 points in as many games. Ā Was at Selects 15s in New York. Youngest player on the Great Plains team, currently 8 points in 11 games. Ā 

Ā 

I know that he visited just before the school year started.

Hopefully Kawaguchi can become another in a line of UND players that came in undersized and under the radar a bit like Duncan and Caggiula. Ā I know the coaches probably knew what they were getting with those guys. Ā Not a lot of press about those guys starting out, not like the buzz with Rocco. Ā St. Cloud has made a living off of those kind of players that panned out pretty well like Ryan Lasch, Garrett Roe, Jared Festler, David Morley, Jimmy Murray, etc. Ā  Hoping that Kawaguchi can be the next in line that takes off and stays all four years. Ā 

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Dirty

Yep, just picture it next year, when UND is playing for its 3rd consecutive Nat'l Championship. "Goochi" or "Gooooooch", which I'm going to go ahead and trademark right now, will pull a move like that and we'll get to hear Bucci throw a "Holy Schnikes!!!!" out there.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yep, just picture it next year, when UND is playing for its 3rd consecutive Nat'l Championship. "Goochi" or "Gooooooch", which I'm going to go ahead and trademark right now, will pull a move like that and we'll get to hear Bucci throw a "Holy Schnikes!!!!" out there.

"Gooch" ripping up "Mariooch"! Ā  I like it.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Perhaps we could get a John Kuhn/Heath Miller-esque chant going, where the entire crowd yells GOOOOOOCCHHHH every time he touches the puck. Ā Might scare him into a turnover the first couple times, but it sounds fun.

That's what I was goin for Biz, don't turn this into your own thing now :)

jk, hopefully he looks as good at UND as he did in that clip. Smooth skating, nice stick handling, great presence of where he is.

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

That's what I was goin for Biz, don't turn this into your own thing now :)

jk, hopefully he looks as good at UND as he did in that clip. Smooth skating, nice stick handling, great presence of where he is.

Ah whoops, thought you were just referring to after a goal. Ā 

GOOOOCCHHH - TM siouxfan512

• 2 weeks later...