SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU - UND game 2010

MplsBison

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this. No annual game, no Nickel Trophy on the line.

I think I've heard somewhere that there will have to be a new more PC-friendly trophy to replace the Nickel. It's mostly because of the offensive imagery on the Nickel. Unless we could grind off the picture of that hideous water buffalo. :silly:

The only way the people of ND lose is if the game isn't played at all. Even a single game is a win.

I am all for playing UND every year, even if they aren't in the same football conference. I think they'll get there eventually, but surely you have a mature enough viewpoint on reality to know that things just don't step change. Only way we go from nothing to every year at once is if UND is invited into the same football conference as NDSU. I think there will be one or two-off game contracts before that happens.

Most people in North Dakota already don't understand why this game isn't being played. Once they get one game they aren't going to want to wait a year or two for another one. Good one trying to explain to them that we can schedule Wagner or Stoney Brook but can't schedule UND or NDSU. Both schools are going to be the ones looking silly and childish. They are already starting to. If you don't believe me go talk to someone who is not an alumni and lives in North Dakota. They could care less about what happened in the past. Once they get a game again they are going to want every year things. How hard is it to wait until it works for both schools to do it every year? Thats the way we go to an every year thing if they are not in the same conference, schedule the first one for 2012 or 2013 and put it on the calendar for every year after that. Its not that hard and there is nothing childish about that.

Most people in North Dakota already don't understand why this game isn't being played. Once they get one game they aren't going to want to wait a year or two for another one. Good one trying to explain to them that we can schedule Wagner or Stoney Brook but can't schedule UND or NDSU. Both schools are going to be the ones looking silly and childish. They are already starting to. If you don't believe me go talk to someone who is not an alumni and lives in North Dakota. They could care less about what happened in the past. Once they get a game again they are going to want every year things. How hard is it to wait until it works for both schools to do it every year? Thats the way we go to an every year thing if they are not in the same conference, schedule the first one for 2012 or 2013 and put it on the calendar for every year after that. Its not that hard and there is nothing childish about that.

Like I said, I want the game every year too. I'm just being realistic.

And I don't think there is anything wrong with a game here and there until the every year thing can happen.

Would you turn down a raise once every three years because you wanted to wait until you could get one every year?

Like I said, I want the game every year too. I'm just being realistic.

And I don't think there is anything wrong with a game here and there until the every year thing can happen.

Would you turn down a raise once every three years because you wanted to wait until you could get one every year?

Dumbest comparison I have ever heard. They call that a bonus.

You also keep ignoring the obvious question as to why can't it be scheduled every year? I agree with most that the game shouldn't be scheduled until both schools are playoff elgible. Than ndsu's arguement of doing UND any favors is out the window. In every season for ndsu there are 3 and sometimes four non conference games. One of those goes to a BCS game that leaves two. You can still schedule your one cupcake that will come to the dome and still have one game left. You have to travel one game every other year but you and Danno already said USD is an easy, cheap road game and its half the distance to Grand Forks so I guess thats a excellent travel game than. So my question is why can't it be scheduled every year? Why play than take a year or two off? Is it cause ndsu needs a game this year or is it cause Gene is scared to schedule it every year?

Dumbest comparison I have ever heard. They call that a bonus.

You also keep ignoring the obvious question as to why can't it be scheduled every year? I agree with most that the game shouldn't be scheduled until both schools are playoff elgible. Than ndsu's arguement of doing UND any favors is out the window. In every season for ndsu there are 3 and sometimes four non conference games. One of those goes to a BCS game that leaves two. You can still schedule your one cupcake that will come to the dome and still have one game left. You have to travel one game every other year but you and Danno already said USD is an easy, cheap road game and its half the distance to Grand Forks so I guess thats a excellent travel game than. So my question is why can't it be scheduled every year? Why play than take a year or two off? Is it cause ndsu needs a game this year or is it cause Gene is scared to schedule it every year?

There is no need to wait until UND is playoff eligible, that's irrelevant. Just ask Montana about the 2010 season.

One argument against scheduling the game every year is that NDSU wants to have 6 home games and traveling to both an FBS away game and to Grand Forks in the same season prevents that.

So then why play at South Dakota in 2013? Perhaps there will be no FBS away game that season.

There is no need to wait until UND is playoff eligible, that's irrelevant. Just ask Montana about the 2010 season.

One argument against scheduling the game every year is that NDSU wants to have 6 home games and traveling to both an FBS away game and to Grand Forks in the same season prevents that.

So then why play at South Dakota in 2013? Perhaps there will be no FBS away game that season.

...And yet in four of the last five years -- 80 percent of the time (including, apparently, 2010) -- Taylor has been unable to reach this goal. In the single year he managed six at home, the schedule included that perennial powerhouse Central Conneticut and fan-favorite Austin Peay. Last year, the AC handed out wads of cash to lure in Wagner College of the Maritime Arts and Knot-Tying, just to get to five.

Assuming this was a serious argument from the outset -- and I have my doubts -- recent history has proven it to be a fallacy. Virtually no respectable team with hopes of reaching the play-offs is willing to sign on for a one-and-done deal on the road. As conferences get larger, there are dwindling options for OOC games, and when the Bison find an opponent for sale, they're settling for yawners -- at a big price.

It's in the hands of Kelley and Hanson now, but according to Faison, there won't be a game until its an annual contest. What will Gene T's next objection be? Too expensive to travel?

Boy, I sure hope that Fargo does not flood again this spring. Just think if it does all those Bison turds floating north to clog all the drainage ditches and sewer covers that might cause added flooding to the RR north of Fargo. Hey, I just had a revelation, use those B turds instead of sandbags. That would save the day in Fargo for sure! But if they didn't, who would care? A city trying to be big league that is a joke on the national radar.

You are complete Idiot

Boy, I sure hope that Fargo does not flood again this spring. Just think if it does all those Bison turds floating north to clog all the drainage ditches and sewer covers that might cause added flooding to the RR north of Fargo. Hey, I just had a revelation, use those B turds instead of sandbags. That would save the day in Fargo for sure! But if they didn't, who would care? A city trying to be big league that is a joke on the national radar.

This was inappropriate. Please keep the discussion about the topic at hand (a potential UND vs NDSU game).

Not so fast my friends.

Coyotes will win this game . Not a doubt in my mind.

I wouldn't be surprised at all of USD comes out of the Fargodome with victory. Next year's Bison team will be among one of the worst Bison teams ever to take the field. They'll struggle to win a single conference game and I'd be extremely surprised if they manage even a 4 or 5 win season.

I wouldn't be surprised at all of USD comes out of the Fargodome with victory. Next year's Bison team will be among one of the worst Bison teams ever to take the field. They'll struggle to win a single conference game and I'd be extremely surprised if they manage even a 4 or 5 win season.

I'm sure you're praying everyday for that to happen.

Just like UND, ndsu will be improved from last year. Both teams where young. I don't know what the MVC looks like next year but I know, just like every conference there are some brutal teams in there so ndsu will win a couple conference games.