SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU - UND game 2010

MplsBison

Just for fun:

NDSU open dates: Sept 18 and Oct 30 => UND plays: NE St in GF and Lamar in GF

UND open dates: Oct 16 and Nov 20 => NDSU plays: Ill St in Bloomington (conf game) and Missouri St in Springfield (conf game)

NDSU probably can't move it's conference games around, but taking a look at NE st's schedule and Lamar's schedule:

- Lamar has 11 games with an open date on Oct 23

- don't know NE st 2010 schedule yet

But perhaps if NE State game could be moved to Oct 16th, that would free up Sept 18 for a game in Fargo.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for fun:

NDSU open dates: Sept 18 and Oct 30 => UND plays: NE St in GF and Lamar in GF

UND open dates: Oct 16 and Nov 20 => NDSU plays: Ill St in Bloomington (conf game) and Missouri St in Springfield (conf game)

NDSU probably can't move it's conference games around, but taking a look at NE st's schedule and Lamar's schedule:

- Lamar has 11 games with an open date on Oct 23

- don't know NE st 2010 schedule yet

But perhaps if NE State game could be moved to Oct 16th, that would free up Sept 18 for a game in Fargo.

Game's been discussed for next year and its not happening.

Not happening until its an every year thing which is more than likely 2012.

I'd love for the Sioux to play the Bison now, especially seeing how the Bison are on the big hind titty in the football world.

Sadly, it will have to wait for awhile. There are few things sweeter in life than the sound of 15,000 Bison sphincters slamming shut at the same time when the Sioux are again handing them their heads on the gridiron.

Glad to see that you have at least some degree of focus on the things in life that really matter there MPLSBISON. This has got to be a tough time for you. No football. No hockey team. Your basketballers stink. The buildings are falling down. And your former President and his old lady are crooked. No wonder you spend all your time wishing and wanting to be a Sioux fan.

I'd love for the Sioux to play the Bison now, especially seeing how the Bison are on the big hind titty in the football world.

Sadly, it will have to wait for awhile. There are few things sweeter in life than the sound of 15,000 Bison sphincters slamming shut at the same time when the Sioux are again handing them their heads on the gridiron.

Glad to see that you have at least some degree of focus on the things in life that really matter there MPLSBISON. This has got to be a tough time for you. No football. No hockey team. Your basketballers stink. The buildings are falling down. And your former President and his old lady are crooked. No wonder you spend all your time wishing and wanting to be a Sioux fan.

NDSU bball can improve greatly in the next couple weeks, plus there's always the Summit tournament. All they have to do is get hot and win the tournament and they're back in March Madness (though probably as a play-in game or 16 seed).

Other than that, here in Mpls we have Gopher bball and hockey, the Wild and the T-wolves. Probably not much of an improvement. :ohmy:

Game's been discussed for next year and its not happening.

Not happening until its an every year thing which is more than likely 2012.

Sounds like good 'tough guy' talk, but if NDSU offered UND a 1-game contract for $50k to play Sept 18th if they could move the NE St game to another date, there's no way they wouldn't at least consider the offer.

Sounds like good 'tough guy' talk, but if NDSU offered UND a 1-game contract for $50k to play Sept 18th if they could move the NE St game to another date, there's no way they wouldn't at least consider the offer.

I'll tell you why, cause like I said the game is not going to be played one year and than take a year or two off. Its not "tough guy" talk its the truth. I'm just stating facts, the game was discussed and didn't work out. The game will likely happen in the future but not before everything is ironed out. Why must you argue every single thing anyone posts that doesn't agree with you? As much as you think your opinion is correct on every topic regarding Fighting Sioux athletics your way off on many of them.

I'll tell you why, cause like I said the game is not going to be played one year and than take a year or two off. Its not "tough guy" talk its the truth. I'm just stating facts, the game was discussed and didn't work out. The game will likely happen in the future but not before everything is ironed out. Why must you argue every single thing anyone posts that doesn't agree with you? As much as you think your opinion is correct on every topic regarding Fighting Sioux athletics your way off on many of them.

You're entitled to your opinion, like everyone else.

UND would absolutely entertain a 1-game contract for this year, under the right terms.

Boy, I sure hope that Fargo does not flood again this spring. Just think if it does all those Bison turds floating north to clog all the drainage ditches and sewer covers that might cause added flooding to the RR north of Fargo. Hey, I just had a revelation, use those B turds instead of sandbags. That would save the day in Fargo for sure! But if they didn't, who would care? A city trying to be big league that is a joke on the national radar.

UND would absolutely entertain a 1-game contract for this year, under the right terms.

And I told you what I heard the terms where and what they needed to be and yet you still argued about it. Until both schools are ready to make it an annual game it won't be played. How are those for terms?

Actually, I've heard if NDSU were to offer a 1-game contract with no return game that both Mussman and Faison would promptly tell Taylor to shove it up his ass. The series will resume on a rotating basis or it wont' resume at all. That being said expect it to resume in 2012.

NDSU bball can improve greatly in the next couple weeks, plus there's always the Summit tournament. All they have to do is get hot and win the tournament and they're back in March Madness (though probably as a play-in game or 16 seed). Other than that, here in Mpls we have Gopher bball and hockey, the Wild and the T-wolves. Probably not much of an improvement. :silly:

Well, Well, Well... What have we here? On this thread, Bison Boy says that all the Mighty Bison have to do is win the Summit Tournament and they're back in March Madness. (Which is true) But on another thread he goes on and on for days that last year's Bison BB team was the best North Dakota sports team ever because they won the Summit Tournament and made a cameo appearance in March Madness. (which isn't true)

So which is it? It sounds to me like you are admitting that the Summit is a weak conference and it isn't really all that difficult to win it and get the auto-bid to the NCAA tourney. If so, we finally agree on something...

Well, Well, Well... What have we here? On this thread, Bison Boy says that all the Mighty Bison have to do is win the Summit Tournament and they're back in March Madness. (Which is true) But on another thread he goes on and on for days that last year's Bison BB team was the best North Dakota sports team ever because they won the Summit Tournament and made a cameo appearance in March Madness. (which isn't true)

So which is it? It sounds to me like you are admitting that the Summit is a weak conference and it isn't really all that difficult to win it and get the auto-bid to the NCAA tourney. If so, we finally agree on something...

Yeah you're right - the lowly summit isn't good enough for all the Sioux sports. I think you should inform your AD and president to quit begging for membership. As far as playing FB every year I doubt that will happen until we're both in the same conference.

Yeah you're right - the lowly summit isn't good enough for all the Sioux sports. I think you should inform your AD and president to quit begging for membership. As far as playing FB every year I doubt that will happen until we're both in the same conference.

Or around 2012 even if we're not in the same conference.

I've heard (my ears) Faison say play will resume as a continuing series or not at all. He's not interested in a single game.

That's where NDSU's taking on of a contract with USD seems a very, shall we say, interesting move by NDSU.

USD works just as well for us - bus trip - good home crowd.

And I told you what I heard the terms where and what they needed to be and yet you still argued about it. Until both schools are ready to make it an annual game it won't be played. How are those for terms?

Like I said, 'tough guy", seemingly uncompromising talk. No different than any good US senator stumping in his home state about how he's going to charge into Washington, uncompromising, and doing the good work for the people back home. He's saying what he thinks the fan base wants to hear.

But like any proper business man, he will compromise and he will at least consider a profitable business proposal. Negotiations always start out on the fringes and work inward. NDSU wants just a single game here and there, UND wants the game every year. Something in the middle would be worked out, possible like the recently USD contract.

Even still, NDSU offering UND an initial 1-game contract for a $50k payout is a win-win-win. NDSU wins because they'd make a killing on the game in the Fargodome (even paying UND $50k), UND wins because they get $50k for the shortest DI game they'll ever play (no expenses other than bus rental) and a chance to "knock off NDSU" and the, most importantly, the state of ND wins because the people get what they want: the NDSU-UND football game back.

I didn't say they were the best ND sports team ever.

I said they gained the most national attention of any ND sports team ever.

Like I said, 'tough guy", seemingly uncompromising talk. No different than any good US senator stumping in his home state about how he's going to charge into Washington, uncompromising, and doing the good work for the people back home. He's saying what he thinks the fan base wants to hear.

But like any proper business man, he will compromise and he will at least consider a profitable business proposal. Negotiations always start out on the fringes and work inward. NDSU wants just a single game here and there, UND wants the game every year. Something in the middle would be worked out, possible like the recently USD contract.

Even still, NDSU offering UND an initial 1-game contract for a $50k payout is a win-win-win. NDSU wins because they'd make a killing on the game in the Fargodome (even paying UND $50k), UND wins because they get $50k for the shortest DI game they'll ever play (no expenses other than bus rental) and a chance to "knock off NDSU" and the, most importantly, the state of ND wins because the people get what they want: the NDSU-UND football game back.

Or just a win for ndsu. They get the game to fill their schedule. UND and the people of North Dakota want the game played every year so even though they get the game they still lose. Every other state who's colleges aren't in the same conference still have those schools play every year. Why would ND be any different?

Or just a win for ndsu. They get the game to fill their schedule. UND and the people of North Dakota want the game played every year so even though they get the game they still lose. Every other state who's colleges aren't in the same conference still have those schools play every year. Why would ND be any different?

The only way the people of ND lose is if the game isn't played at all. Even a single game is a win.

I am all for playing UND every year, even if they aren't in the same football conference. I think they'll get there eventually, but surely you have a mature enough viewpoint on reality to know that things just don't step change. Only way we go from nothing to every year at once is if UND is invited into the same football conference as NDSU. I think there will be one or two-off game contracts before that happens.