SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

Did you notice the section titled "Fratt Party" - probably not the best title, given his up and down road with the team/school the past 12 months.

FRATT PARTY: Junior F Matt Frattin (Edmonton, Alberta) scored his first two goals of the season on Saturday, collecting both in a four-minute span late in the first period.

Frattin's second goal came shorthanded, the first shorthanded tally of his career and UND's third of the season.

He also led all players with a season-high seven shots on goal.

Weren't they in the Third? I swear they were scoreless after one.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you notice the section titled "Fratt Party" - probably not the best title, given his up and down road with the team/school the past 12 months.

FRATT PARTY: Junior F Matt Frattin (Edmonton, Alberta) scored his first two goals of the season on Saturday, collecting both in a four-minute span late in the first period.

Frattin's second goal came shorthanded, the first shorthanded tally of his career and UND's third of the season.

He also led all players with a season-high seven shots on goal.

THey've used that heading before (last year) so I'm sure they just recycled it from then. I don't think it's a big deal unless people decide to make it one.

PLEASE...

I know it is your jersey and you can throw it in a fire if you really want to, but please DO NOT get your game-worn jersey signed. It's one of the worst things you can do to a game-worn jersey. What WOULD be a good idea, if possible, is to get a picture of the player wearing the jersey in action signed, thus not wrecking your game-worn piece.

:silly:

I'd listen to Big, he knows his stuff.

This series is very, very important to this team's chances at a postseason run. Getting home ice will make it much easier to get to St. Paul and the Final Five. I know some people on here think the Final Five is meaningless, but not this year. Winning a couple of games in St. Paul could help boost our PWR to the point where we will get a solid NCAA bid. Not getting to St. Paul could result in us having to have help making the NCAA's and possibly not getting enough of that help.

Bottom line: Get home ice, get to St. Paul, win a couple of games there and we'll get our chance at the big stage in March and April.

I agree that this season is shaping up to come down to the conference tournament. Once upon a time, I used to run charts of the possible final conference standings, but it's a lot harder than it sounds and people really quite caring as much about conference standings predictions once PWR became better understood.

I don't know what it would take to dust off that old calculator, but some quick playing with whatif and looking at upcoming weekends is interesting:

* To overtake UMD, UND needs to gain 8 points on them. Even if UND swept out its last 4 and UMD got swept out its last 4, UND would still need at least 2 this weekend to catch UMD.

* To overtake CC, UND only needs to gain 4 on them. Once again, the head-to-head with CC is going to be the real driver. Assume a UND sweep there, to be generous, and UND still needs to play at least as well vs. UMD and Michigan Tech as CC will against Minnesota and Denver.

Overtaking Wisconsin is also possible by gaining 8 on them, but with no head-to-head, that's less in UND's control.

UND has to get some points at home this weekend to stay in control of its own destiny.

PLEASE...

I know it is your jersey and you can throw it in a fire if you really want to, but please DO NOT get your game-worn jersey signed. It's one of the worst things you can do to a game-worn jersey. What WOULD be a good idea, if possible, is to get a picture of the player wearing the jersey in action signed, thus not wrecking your game-worn piece.

:silly:

I got to thinking why would anyone want them to sign a game worn jersey. Unless it was going behind a glass in your den?

I am not sure I would want a signature on one of my other jerseys as well.

I agree that this season is shaping up to come down to the conference tournament. Once upon a time, I used to run charts of the possible final conference standings, but it's a lot harder than it sounds and people really quite caring as much about conference standings predictions once PWR became better understood.

I don't know what it would take to dust off that old calculator, but some quick playing with whatif and looking at upcoming weekends is interesting:

* To overtake UMD, UND needs to gain 8 points on them. Even if UND swept out its last 4 and UMD got swept out its last 4, UND would still need at least 2 this weekend to catch UMD.

* To overtake CC, UND only needs to gain 4 on them. Once again, the head-to-head with CC is going to be the real driver. Assume a UND sweep there, to be generous, and UND still needs to play at least as well vs. UMD and Michigan Tech as CC will against Minnesota and Denver.

Overtaking Wisconsin is also possible by gaining 8 on them, but with no head-to-head, that's less in UND's control.

UND has to get some points at home this weekend to stay in control of its own destiny.

I think UND's best option is whooping up on C.C. at their house sweeping UMD and MTU. Running the string seems to be almost the only route to the

WCHA final five from home ice. I think C.C. would be the best opponent for UND.

I think UND's best option is whooping up on C.C. at their house sweeping UMD and MTU. Running the string seems to be almost the only route to the

WCHA final five from home ice. I think C.C. would be the best opponent for UND.

I think I'll wait until we play them before I decide who the best opponent for us would be.

wed press conference video

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND coach Dave Hakstol said that the Sioux are probably as healthy as they are going to get for the rest of the season (no updates on Chay Genoway). Duluth also is fairly healthy.

Hakstol said that the team will decide tomorrow on who will wear the traveling 'A' for this weekend. The first two weekends, it was a former Grand Forks Central player (Mario Lamoureux and Jake Marto). I'm going to guess either Jason Gregoire or Brett Hextall will get it this weekend.

A couple of interesting stats from the game notes:

I think I'll wait until we play them before I decide who the best opponent for us would be.

yeah, our track record out in the springs isn't that great, we have what one sweep in the last 20 years out there? and have been swept many more times than that. sweep umd, at least split at cc and sweep tech and odds are we'll be tied with cc and then it all depends on tie breakers.

wed press conference video

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND coach Dave Hakstol said that the Sioux are probably as healthy as they are going to get for the rest of the season (no updates on Chay Genoway). Duluth also is fairly healthy.

Hakstol said that the team will decide tomorrow on who will wear the traveling 'A' for this weekend. The first two weekends, it was a former Grand Forks Central player (Mario Lamoureux and Jake Marto). I'm going to guess either Jason Gregoire or Brett Hextall will get it this weekend.

A couple of interesting stats from the game notes:

So is Genoway done for the year or what? I read in some earlier posts if he wasn't back for SCSU that there was no point in coming back at all...

Well from what Brad S. said in last weeks Weekly Wednesday Update: "Chay Genoway also will be out for the series. No update on him. The team isn't ready to say he's done for the year yet, though."

IMHO...quit dragging it out. :silly:

Quit dragging what out? A decision on Chay and if he'll play or not? Hmmm...maybe the team has to "drag it out" because if he is deemed capable of playing, even if it's only for the last game of the year, he won't get his medical hardship and his career would be over.

Well from what Brad S. said in last weeks Weekly Wednesday Update: "Chay Genoway also will be out for the series. No update on him. The team isn't ready to say he's done for the year yet, though."

I doubt that they have the ability to decide one way or the other yet. It isn't just up to the player and coaching staff. If he is cleared to play at any point in the season, then he isn't eligible for a medical redshirt. And concussions are simply an unknown. One day the symptoms can simply be gone. You cannot tell that in advance. So unless he gets better before then, they won't know until possibly the Michigan Tech series about his season.

Quit dragging what out? A decision on Chay and if he'll play or not? Hmmm...maybe the team has to "drag it out" because if he is deemed capable of playing, even if it's only for the last game of the year, he won't get his medical hardship and his career would be over.

I'd agree. It's likely his status is technically "day to day," and since the hardship rules are structured such that if he's deemed healthy to play AT ANY POINT in the second half he'd be ineligible, my guess is they have to "drag it out" until the season expires. If they declared him out for the remainder of the season for an injury that's technically "day to day" it may not look right.

I'd agree. It's likely his status is technically "day to day," and since the hardship rules are structured such that if he's deemed healthy to play AT ANY POINT in the second half he'd be ineligible, my guess is they have to "drag it out" until the season expires. If they declared him out for the remainder of the season for an injury that's technically "day to day" it may not look right.

My read exactly. Again, the NCAA has its special rules, and the UND staff and Chay know what they are doing with this! Lets just hope he IS able to play hockey again after this.