SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings 2010

jimdahl

I notice you didn't address my last question. That doesn't mean this year's application was lost again?

I don't know, I'm not sure you could enforce a "no politics" rule :) Plus, you have your own blog! I'd be a great moderator for the comments over there :)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice how I politely didn't mention that CHN had the wrong scores up for most of last night :ohmy:None of us are infallible :glare:, but I am pretty sympathetic to John -- USCHO is pretty much just trying to keep alive a tool Whelan wrote, and they do seem to struggle a bit more on the big stuff (e.g. the first season the no negative games rule hit RPI).

And Jim - I've been kicking myself all day for that. It's hard to explain exactly what happened - but some weird glitch around midnight caused four of Sunday's scores to overwrite Saturday's, and I didn't spot it until the morning. Sorry to everyone.

But thanks for giving proper props to John.

Stolen from myself (Non-UND PWR Possibilities), here are the possible final PWR outcomes I'm getting:

Denver 1-3

Miami 1-3

UW 1-5

UND 3-6

SCSU 4-11

Boston College 3-9

UMD 5-19

Northern Michigan 6-19

Ferris State 5-18

CC 18-25

New Hampshire 10-18

UMN 20-25

Bemidji State 5-11

Alaska 10-18

Vermont 6-19

Michigan 10-25

Michigan State 12-21

Nebraska-Omaha 18-24

Cornell 5-19

Maine 11-25

Boston University 12-25

Mass.-Lowell 18-25

Ohio State 24-N/TUC

Yale 7-13

Northeastern 25-N/TUC

Massachusetts 16-20 or N/TUC

Union 11-N/TUC

St. Lawrence 23-N/TUC

RIT 20-N/TUC

Let me know if anyone has found anything outside these ranges :glare:

I was looking at INCH's 4 x 4 tournament predictions. They have us in the Worchester regional with BC in the top seed.

Not that I want to see BC in the tournament again, but compare the other #2 seeds on INCH's list. Miami has Bemidji in their regional. Wisconsin has Cornell. Denver has St Clown.

Frankly I see the other #1's having a relatively easy road to the Frozen Four as compared with BC. I don't think they're going to be real happy about playing us.

I was looking at INCH's 4 x 4 tournament predictions. They have us in the Worchester regional with BC in the top seed.

Not that I want to see BC in the tournament again, but compare the other #2 seeds on INCH's list. Miami has Bemidji in their regional. Wisconsin has Cornell. Denver has St Clown.

Frankly I see the other #1's having a relatively easy road to the Frozen Four as compared with BC. I don't think they're going to be real happy about playing us.

I would really like to see us replace BC as the top #1 seed, and keep us away from Worcester.

That would essentially be a home regional for them. We've beaten them (and BU) before in Mass, but if we can face them in a different location, that might be better. :ohmy:

Also, the INCH 4x4 shows a potential UW-Cornell regional final rematch from a few years ago.

Maybe another snore-fest on the horizon? :glare:

I would really like to see us replace BC as the top #1 seed, and keep us away from Worcester.

That would essentially be a home regional for them. We've beaten them (and BU) before in Mass, but if we can face them in a different location, that might be better. :ohmy:

Also, the INCH 4x4 shows a potential UW-Cornell regional final rematch from a few years ago.

Maybe another snore-fest on the horizon? :glare:

I'd love for us to get to be a number one seed and have them drop far enough we don't have to play them. The other #2's are Bemidji, Cornell and St Clown.

We haven't played Bemidji and I don't want to take them lightly but they haven't played a lot of top tier teams. I think we'd win.

We split with Cornell on their rink in January. We lost a 1-0 game and beat them 3-1. I think we can take it to them just fine. We out shot them 28-15 in the losing game and 26-16 in the second.

And I like our chances against the Clowns from St Cloud.

I'd love for us to get to be a number one seed and have them drop far enough we don't have to play them. The other #2's are Bemidji, Cornell and St Clown.

I agree with that! :glare:

With Jim's PWR calculations showing that UND could finish anywhere from 3-6 and BC anywhere from 3-9, hopefully it works out that we won't have to play them in the regionals.

I would agree that I like our chances against BSU, SCSU, or Cornell over BC. Of course, we all know that SCSU will lose in the 1st round, so we wouldn't face them anyway. :ohmy:

I'd love for us to get to be a number one seed and have them drop far enough we don't have to play them.

then hope for bc to lose on friday to vermont and/or wisc to lose two games this weekend anything other than that and we will be headed to worcester. also a bc loss friday could potentially put them in a bracket with denver or miami.

It looks like we need to be RIT fans Friday night. If they lose their opening round game against Canisius we cannot flip with BC (at least I couldn't find a combination). But first things first....a Sioux win Thursday night!

It looks like we need to be RIT fans Friday night. If they lose their opening round game against Canisius we cannot flip with BC (at least I couldn't find a combination). But first things first....a Sioux win Thursday night!

RIT is the most under rated program in the country. They are full of talent and have a great work ethic. No way they could lose Friday.

Who are they anyway.

RIT is the most under rated program in the country. They are full of talent and have a great work ethic. No way they could lose Friday.

Who are they anyway.

They are Rochester Institute of Technology and they are your second favorite team this weekend! :glare:

I believe the only way we stay away from BC is if we are both #1 seeds or both #2 seeds.

I believe we can both be #1 seeds if we go 3-0, Wisco goes in the tank, and BC goes 2-0.

If that happens, hello Albany.

I'm not so sure we'd be a guarantee for Albany in this scenario. If these events all happen, we have Miami, Denver, UND, & BC sitting 1-4. Miami goes to Ft. Wayne & BC goes to Worcester, but depending on the other matchups for Denver (Eastern teams) the committee could send Denver to Albany (since they fly anyway) if it helps attendance in that regional, and send UND to the X, along with St. Cloud, if they are a high 2 seed.

Should be fun to watch.

In looking at the PWR on USCHO, it looks like a Ferris State win tomorrow will bounce the Dogs from the NCAAs

Then I hope Ferris State loses. I know it's a slim chance that the Dogs make it, but I'd like to see as many WCHA teams as possible in there.

Both the USCHO and CHN PWR calculators seem broken to me in a way that harms the appearance of UMD's chances. That said, yzerman19 is spot on -- Ferris losing is a critical component (though not by itself sufficient) of UMD's most obvious route into the tournament.

Both the USCHO and CHN PWR calculators seem broken to me in a way that harms the appearance of UMD's chances. That said, yzerman19 is spot on -- Ferris losing is a critical component (though not by itself sufficient) of UMD's most obvious route into the tournament.

now that we have disposed of them, i do hope they get in to the ncaas, because even with rwd as a fan, i still root for the dogs when we aren't playing them. on a side note, i am glad you like math jim, because its alot easier when you figure the pwr out and just tell us what we need to know :huh: