SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings 2010

jimdahl

Any possible way the Sioux end up at the X?

That's my question as well for those more in the know. Any chance at all?

Also, leave it to college hockey and NCAA to go strictly by the #s for their seeding process! IF UND wins tonight, that's 12 of 13. Hottest team in the country but that's not taken into consideration? :silly:

Even if UND gets a #2 seed based on the numbers, you would like to think that because of their recent play there might be some reward like sending them to the X?? But that would require some logic and rational thinking!

But if you host a site, i.e. WI a couple years back, everyone else kind of gets hosed by being placed in that location. If attendance is something the "committee" looks at, why is that criteria so selective from year to year???

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So UND wins 13 of last 14...and is a #2 seed because the computer says so? :p

its a body of work. the sioux went through a tough span without chay so thats why. win 4 games and the title is back in g forks!!

There's quite a bit of difference between the KRACH and the Pairwise, but not until you get down to #7.

I don't know enough about how the KRACH is done to judge, but it's said to be the best out there.

At #7 we have Cornell in the PWR. In the KRACH they are 13.

Duluth is 7 in the KRACH and 17 in the PWR.

Yale is 21 in the KRACH and #9 in the PWR.

I shouldn't complain because our KRACH and PWR are only one off (4 and 5 respectively). While that's a significant difference in seedings it's hard to judge one method more valid than the other.

On the other hand a team like Yale making the tournament says to me that the PWR is fatally flawed.

Here is CHN final bracket predition...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2010/03/20_bracket.php

Midwest (Fort Wayne)

1. Miami vs. 16. Alabama-Huntsville

8. Bemidji State vs. 9. Yale

East (Albany)

2. Denver vs. 15. RIT

7. Cornell vs. 10. Northern Michigan

West (St. Paul)

3. Wisconsin vs. 14. Vermont

6. St. Cloud State vs. 11. New Hampshire

Northeast (Worcester)

4. Boston College vs. 13. Alaska

5. North Dakota vs. 12. Michigan

Here is CHN final bracket predition...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2010/03/20_bracket.php

Midwest (Fort Wayne)

1. Miami vs. 16. Alabama-Huntsville

8. Bemidji State vs. 9. Yale

East (Albany)

2. Denver vs. 15. RIT

7. Cornell vs. 10. Northern Michigan

West (St. Paul)

3. Wisconsin vs. 14. Vermont

6. St. Cloud State vs. 11. New Hampshire

Northeast (Worcester)

4. Boston College vs. 13. Alaska

5. North Dakota vs. 12. Michigan

I'd agree with that projection. Pretty clear-cut this year with no interconference matchups to mess up the standard seeding. One thing I wonder though is if the committee might swap New Hampshire and Michigan for attendance purposes. Another option to help attendance would be swapping New Hampshire with Northern Michigan. Either way would get New Hampshire out east and improve attendance at either of those regionals, plus bring one of the Michigan teams to St. Paul.

I'd agree with that projection. Pretty clear-cut this year with no interconference matchups to mess up the standard seeding. One thing I wonder though is if the committee might swap New Hampshire and Michigan for attendance purposes. Another option to help attendance would be swapping New Hampshire with Northern Michigan. Either way would get New Hampshire out east and improve attendance at either of those regionals, plus bring one of the Michigan teams to St. Paul.

I think that projection is spot on too. They might swap Michigan and NH just to keep Red from having a heart attack and dying when told he has to play UND AGAIN.

If that bracket holds, Wisconsin can sleepwalk to the Frozen Four....what a cake walk.

St Cloud 2, Wisconsin 0. yesterday.

Otherwise, I loved the reaction in 2008 when Michigan got excited to find out "we don't have to play effing North Dakota again".

Personally, I'd like another shot at New Hampshire.

I'd like somebody on the committee to look at the number of Sioux fans in attendance at the Final Five, then do the math as to how much more revenue they could gain by having that many extra fans in St. Paul. Won't happen, I know, but I wish there was some way they could justify sending us back to the X!

Jayson Moy did his final projection on USCHO and he swapped out New Hampshire & Michigan.

USCHO Final Bracketology

I'd like somebody on the committee to look at the number of Sioux fans in attendance at the Final Five, then do the math as to how much more revenue they could gain by having that many extra fans in St. Paul. Won't happen, I know, but I wish there was some way they could justify sending us back to the X!

If SCSU gets to play in the X next weekend they still won't have a ton of fans like we would have filled it. I was just reading in the St.Cloud Times last night about how their home attendance was the lowest in many years.