SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings 2010

jimdahl

It'd be one class that Goon might actually show up for.

I actually didn't miss many classes when I was in college, in graduate school they miss you if you don't show up for class, especially, when they pay for your school. Also, can't learn anything if you don't go to class. I would hate to go to the hospital and have my nurse say, "oh I didn't attend class that day they were teaching _____."

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone Help Me Out:

Looking at the Pairwise, UND and St. Cloud have identical RPI numbers, but SCSU got the point and therefore wins that comparison 4-3.

What gives?

I haven't looked very closely at the numbers, but my guess is that they win if you extend the numbers out another place or 2. Probably something like .55312 to .55309. They probably are not at exactly .5531.

I actually didn't miss many classes when I was in college, in graduate school they miss you if you don't show up for class, especially, when they pay for your school. Also, can't learn anything if you don't go to class. I would hate to go to the hospital and have my nurse say, "oh I didn't attend class that day they were teaching _____."

Good thing I didn't go into nursing then.

So, is there a way we can move up into the top 4 of the pairwise?

It's looking like an actual possibility...UND up to #5. Yowzers, wouldn't have expected that a month ago. :blush:

Also, when was the last time that BU, Mich, and UMN are likely to not make the NCAA's, all in the same year? That's crazy.

Could be a tough draw for the NCAA for the Sioux. Pairwise has us matched up with BC out East if the season ended today. Finally another chance to turn that matchup around. I think we may have the speed/size combination to play with them this year. Cannot wait.

I am so tired of seeing BC in the tourney. If we have to run across them again this year lets just put them to bed and move on to someone else. It's like going to prom every year with the dude you broke up with last week - really don't wanna dance with him but everybody else already had a date.

nope. the only ones left we can realisticly flip are alaska, bc and an extreme outside shot at wisc.

A gopher win will help us in the COP comparison against the Badgers, but not enough to flip it. It might be just enough to keep the gophers as a TUC even after we sweep them. Can we recieve special dispensation to cheer for the gophers just for today? Or is that still right out.

A gopher win will help us in the COP comparison against the Badgers, but not enough to flip it. It might be just enough to keep the gophers as a TUC even after we sweep them. Can we recieve special dispensation to cheer for the gophers just for today? Or is that still right out.

no. still out.

just cheer for team in red to lose today.

This is one reason why the pairwise system is flawed. You sometimes have a situation in the first round of the playoffs where it is better for your PWR to beat a team in 3 games (to ensure they remain a TUC) as opposed to sweeping them in 2. My guess is that it may be the same way next weekend.

Does anyone know if there is a Pairwise "what if" calculator? The one on USCHO isn't up until March 14 and I didn't see one on CHN. I seem to recall reading one that someone from Cornell has one available.

Thanks.

This is one reason why the pairwise system is flawed. You sometimes have a situation in the first round of the playoffs where it is better for your PWR to beat a team in 3 games (to ensure they remain a TUC) as opposed to sweeping them in 2. My guess is that it may be the same way next weekend.

Week to week there's a lot to complain about the PWR. At the end of the year, it's usually pretty fair, although not perfect.

By fair I mean as compared to the KRACH which week to week is probably as good as it will get, but not perfect. But what else are you going to go by?