• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61 North Dakota

73 Mayville St.

Embarassing.

No other way to describe it.

My last game I've seen live was last year when we won on the buzzer beater to beat VCSU. I'm not planning on seeing another one until we don't lose to a NAIA school in a season...that might be awhile!

Where's lil' Rich when you need him!

Everyone is upset including myself. But after reading all your comments did anyone think they would have a winning record this year. Im sure 1-9 was not on our minds but give these players and coaches a chance. They are young and inexperienced. None of these coaches or players would believe at this point they are all shooting so bad. It comes down to protecting the ball and with this offense shooting effeciently. At this point it is not happening. That could all change in the matter of one game. Dont believe Jones and company are going anywhere and I dont believe bringing in a new coach will change anything at this point. Jones will continue to recruit the best talent that wants to come to UND but lets all give the players and coaches a chance. Nobody feels worse than the players, they are all winners and not used to losing.

Everyone is upset including myself. But after reading all your comments did anyone think they would have a winning record this year. Im sure 1-9 was not on our minds but give these players and coaches a chance. They are young and inexperienced. None of these coaches or players would believe at this point they are all shooting so bad. It comes down to protecting the ball and with this offense shooting effeciently. At this point it is not happening. That could all change in the matter of one game. Dont believe Jones and company are going anywhere and I dont believe bringing in a new coach will change anything at this point. Jones will continue to recruit the best talent that wants to come to UND but lets all give the players and coaches a chance. Nobody feels worse than the players, they are all winners and not used to losing.

I have been patiently waiting for something positive to happen with MBB. I could maybe understand with a young team losing a nail-biter at the end, but when I read comments like this....

Mayville State dominated UND in all phases, and pulled away for a 73-61 win against the Sioux in the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center on Tuesday night — an easy victory that surprised nearly everyone but the Comets.
and this
The most disappointing stat for the Sioux was rebounding. Mayville dominated the boards, outrebounding the Sioux 41-23. The Comets had 14 offensive boards
..... something needs to be done.

I'll take a pass on the Kool Aid.

They not only lost, but were completely outplayed by MAYVILLE ST.!!!

Take off the green tinted glasses!

I know it's getting close to Christmas, but there is no way anyone can sugarcoat this!

One thing I would like to see happen now that Bledsoe is back is play an 7-8 man rotation and not 10. The players have been given plenty of time to prove themselves. Its time to go with the best 7-8 and give these players more minutes and see what happens. Seems like way to much rotation and players dont get into any kind of groove. One more point, this red shirt class was a big class with high expectations and the goal was to ride these players and have something special happen by their junior years with the classes behind them. They have the Ohio kid and the two signed athletic kids that are coming in next year behind them. People they are still 2 years away from putting a competitve team on the floor night after night. I agree last nights loss was very bad but sh*t happens in sports and it not always pleasant. Stay positive and support this team.

One more point, this red shirt class was a big class with high expectations and the goal was to ride these players and have something special happen by their junior years with the classes behind them. They have the Ohio kid and the two signed athletic kids that are coming in next year behind them. People they are still 2 years away from putting a competitve team on the floor night after night. I agree last nights loss was very bad but sh*t happens in sports and it not always pleasant. Stay positive and support this team.

Up until now, people had believed that this team might be competitive in two years. That is looking suspect now. I agree that the student-athletes on this team need more support than ever, but it would be unhealthy for the program if fans didn't begin to question the direction the program is moving.

Running a Princeton offense requires a point quard with abilities that perhaps only the recruit from Osseo comes close to possessing. It's four or five years before he's a junior with decent experience. ???

Up until now, people had believed that this team might be competitive in two years. That is looking suspect now. I agree that the student-athletes on this team need more support than ever, but it would be unhealthy for the program if fans didn't begin to question the direction the program is moving.

Running a Princeton offense requires a point quard with abilities that perhaps only the recruit from Osseo comes close to possessing. It's four or five years before he's a junior with decent experience. ???

It's really quite inexplicable that Jones didn't sign a true point guard, at least from the high school ranks, until last month. He was hired in June of 2006, and signed his first true point guard in November of 2009. ???

It's really quite inexplicable that Jones didn't sign a true point guard, at least from the high school ranks, until last month. He was hired in June of 2006, and signed his first true point guard in November of 2009. ???

I don't really even need to post here anymore because you pretty much say everything that I'm thinking. There is no true point guard on this team, and sadly, the best ball handler might be Mertens and he's like a bull in a China shop.

In Jones' first two seasons I thought he did a tremendous job with transfers bringing in players in the summer like Emmanuel Little, Earvin Youmens, O.J. Harrison, and Darius Joseph to shore up where help was needed. Youmens and Little were impact players from the start. I would have thought that a JUCO point guard would have been a priority this past off-season. I understand that the Princeton offense is probably not ideal for alot JUCO players to step into for only 2 seasons, but I've heard numerous interviews over the years by both Jones and Moody, where they've said they've never even drawn up plays for Emmanuel Little or Travis Mertens, and in my opinion those are probably the two best players that have been recruited by this staff.

Im sure you are kidding when you say Mertens is the best ball handler. He almost leads the nation in turnovers/game. Last I heard he had the second worst turnover/game in the NATION. He is good but most of the time out of control and that is why all the turnovers. Bledshoe was the true point guard for last year and this year I believe. Nick I would say was too be the backup for Bledshoe. Nick is probably not a true point guard and I agree one was needed to be in the system last year. Every new program struggles especially at this level. There are alot of current established D1 programs with only one or two wins at this point. DePaul University was 0-16 in league play last year and they used to be a national power. Again, next year and the following will tell the story for Jones and company. Got to at least give them a couple more years before punching their ticket out of here.

Im sure you are kidding when you say Mertens is the best ball handler. He almost leads the nation in turnovers/game. Last I heard he had the second worst turnover/game in the NATION. He is good but most of the time out of control and that is why all the turnovers. Bledshoe was the true point guard for last year and this year I believe. Nick I would say was too be the backup for Bledshoe. Nick is probably not a true point guard and I agree one was needed to be in the system last year. Every new program struggles especially at this level. There are alot of current established D1 programs with only one or two wins at this point. DePaul University was 0-16 in league play last year and they used to be a national power. Again, next year and the following will tell the story for Jones and company. Got to at least give them a couple more years before punching their ticket out of here.

If "crowds" of 640 become the norm, patience may be something Faison can't really afford to have a lot of.

The idea behind the Princeton offense is that it is easier to recruit the talent to make that work, then to try and recruit the talent we would need to run up and down the floor with the likes of Texas.....

Not even close...the Princeton offense is for teams that can not and will never recruit talent(like Princeton) to be able to lul people to sleep and beat them on backdoors and keep you in games by running the shot clock down to the last second.

yes it's easy to recruit because you can take any stiff off the street with zero talent and run it.

I have been watching on this board and just recently starting posting.

I have been consistent with my message and that is we have zero talent on this team...That is the coaches fault...The coach in my opinion has zero to offer this University.

To say we can't recruit players when NDSU can is ludicruis!!!!

We need a coach with a vision and someone who can recruit to turn this around.

In no way is Jones that guy!!

^^^ Being alittle harsh on these players aren't you. So are you saying pull every scholarship from these players and send them packing with the coaches. So a new coach comes in, he'll need 3-5 years or more to build a program. You going to throw him out in his first year of D1 also.

Not sure whether this is of any interest to anyone, but the following is what became of the other three finalists for the UND job ultimately given to Brian Jones:

Tom Brown--still associate head coach at Winona State.

Randall Herbst--head coach at the University of Mary, after stops at Florida Southern and UNO.

Steve Weemer--still a high school coach in Illinois.

Just listend to jones interview on jumptv

bascially said we are getting better. we need to player harder

doesnt want last nite to be a picture of the whole season

bledsoe isnt at 100 percent yet

said theres a lot of basketball to be played and expects the team to compete

I dont know about you but im getting tired of this "getting better" crap and "need to play harder".

Team should already know they need to play hard to win.

Not sure whether this is of any interest to anyone, but the following is what became of the other three finalists for the UND job ultimately given to Brian Jones:

Tom Brown--still associate head coach at Winona State.

Randall Herbst--head coach at the University of Mary, after stops at Florida Southern and UNO.

Steve Weemer--still a high school coach in Illinois.

Which one of these is lighting the basketball world on fire...?

and what makes you think they could do any better job at UND...?