SiouxSports.com Forum

Is There Another Win on the Schedule?

bincitysioux

I will once again throw out the name that I pushed for before Jones was hired: Craig Smith. I was at the game tonight, and I can assure you that the Sioux played with no emotion, no hustle, no heart, and worst of all, no pride. With the embarrassment of losing to Mayville State hanging over their heads the entire night, they did nothing to stop it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will once again throw out the name that I pushed for before Jones was hired: Craig Smith. I was at the game tonight, and I can assure you that the Sioux played with no emotion, no hustle, no heart, and worst of all, no pride. With the embarrassment of losing to Mayville State hanging over their heads the entire night, they did nothing to stop it.

At the time, he didn't have the NCAA DI coaching credentials that were expected. He does now: Craig Smith

As far as a coaching change, can't see how that would impact a conference decision like a bison poster implied. It's not like we're going to get in the MVC. Right now, UND men's BB can't go much lower. Mayville State was 4-5 going into the game.

Jones seems like a nice guy, but with the interest in the program at almost an all-time low, sometimes changes have to be made just to get the public's respect again.

As far as a coaching change, can't see how that would impact a conference decision like a bison poster implied. It's not like we're going to get in the MVC. Right now, UND men's BB can't go much lower.

I think he meant that a quality coaching candidate would be more inclined to pursue a job at UND if we were part of an established conference.

I think he meant that a quality coaching candidate would be more inclined to pursue a job at UND if we were part of an established conference.

By March, that shouldn't be an issue. :) Four years ago, the UND coaching position was much less attractive because whoever coached had to face a horrible transition. Now, 2012 isn't that far away.

Moreover, a high number of very capable DI assistants would jump at a chance with UND if the position and assistants were paid decently (six figures plus). Jones is paid less than the volleyball and women's hockey coach. :glare:

It's transition, with transition their will be growing pains.

It is not all Rainbows and Bunny Rabbits for Tim and Craig at CSU, 16-47 last 2 years, 7-3 so far this year...?

It will take time to grow a program in Grand Forks. There is alot of difference right now between the 3 programs in BBall that I follow closely ISU-Big 12 with all the money, resources and tradition they have it is still hard to get the great athlete to Ames. UNI does more with less than any mid-major I know a tribute to both Mac and Jake and what they have built there with little resources, but it took a long time to get to the bottom of the Mountain.

UND has a long, long way to go, it will take time.

It's transition, with transition their will be growing pains.

It is not all Rainbows and Bunny Rabbits for Tim and Craig at CSU, 16-47 last 2 years, 7-3 so far this year...?

It will take time to grow a program in Grand Forks. There is alot of difference right now between the 3 programs in BBall that I follow closely ISU-Big 12 with all the money, resources and tradition they have it is still hard to get the great athlete to Ames. UNI does more with less than any mid-major I know a tribute to both Mac and Jake and what they have built there with little resources, but it took a long time to get to the bottom of the Mountain.

UND has a long, long way to go, it will take time.

So stay the course, everything is duckies and bunnies? Ho-hum, it's a transition and it's hard. This was Mayville ___ing state.

So stay the course, everything is duckies and bunnies? Ho-hum, it's a transition and it's hard. This was Mayville ___ing state.

No we should not lose to Mayville State, but I also remember a UND team losing to Minot State with Jerome Beasley, it happens.

Did not go because it was Mayville State, and I'm saving my money when Duke comes to Grand Forks.....but looks like when you get out rebounded by 18 (no hustle) and you have 13 assists and 15 turnovers (no teamwork) bad things will happen.

My point is going forward you will increase your odds of success with a fatter check book, ISU budget is 2x what UNI's is and 4x what we probaby have. Then you have to get the young man that wants to play at UND (on the road for most big games) and in Grand Forks, if he knows where we are located...?

I also remember a UND team losing to Minot State with Jerome Beasley, it happens.

Pretty sure that loss (with Beasley) was to UMC (REAL SHOCKER!) but I might be wrong there...I think Jones deserves a chance - especially since these games now and for the next couple years are pretty much meaningless but it should be BUILDING for something. My question is? Why are we living or dying (MOSTLY DYING) with this stupid Princeton Offense? As an experiment - I say it's FAILED! BJ's real test as a head coach might be if he can recognize that and change his philosophy in time to save...his own job? Why not roll the dice and look in a new direction. YOU HAVE THE RAW TALENT but what you're doing is not working so adapt while you can - what can it hurt?

Why are we living or dying (MOSTLY DYING) with this stupid Princeton Offense? As an experiment - I say it's FAILED! BJ's real test as a head coach might be if he can recognize that and change his philosophy................

It is possibly a little late to make a successful change in offensive strategy. He's spent 3 years recruiting to build around a Princeton-type offense. You can't just take a bunch of shooting guards and small forwards and tell them to start posting up Tyler Cain.

Pretty sure that loss (with Beasley) was to UMC (REAL SHOCKER!) but I might be wrong there...I think Jones deserves a chance - especially since these games now and for the next couple years are pretty much meaningless but it should be BUILDING for something. My question is? Why are we living or dying (MOSTLY DYING) with this stupid Princeton Offense? As an experiment - I say it's FAILED! BJ's real test as a head coach might be if he can recognize that and change his philosophy in time to save...his own job? Why not roll the dice and look in a new direction. YOU HAVE THE RAW TALENT but what you're doing is not working so adapt while you can - what can it hurt?

Hey don't take that experience away from me, I witnessed the Minot Miracle with my own eyes, great road trip...NOT

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.d...p;ATCLID=774999

Who wants to go to Ames? I'll cheer my ass off but there's also the train wreck angle of it.

Game is actually in GF in about a week, part of a 2 for 1 deal with UNI....

It is possibly a little late to make a successful change in offensive strategy. He's spent 3 years recruiting to build around a Princeton-type offense. You can't just take a bunch of shooting guards and small forwards and tell them to start posting up Tyler Cain.

That is very generous of you...sorry it's just frustrating. I was there during the Vonesh-Gulseth-Boschee era, it's sad to see and I fell asleep at the wheel, and now I've woke up with this whap in the face. This can't be tolerated...I hope a lot of us are paying more attention now.

The idea behind the Princeton offense is that it is easier to recruit the talent to make that work, then to try and recruit the talent we would need to run up and down the floor with the likes of Texas.....

Hell I'd settle for Dean Smith's four corners about now, and that's with the shot clock.