SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DENVER

AZSIOUX

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too surprising, but Brad confirmed that Chay won't make the trip (per Hak). Fienhage will, again, get the go for the weekend. I think this is mostly precautionary, and I'm more glad than disappointed to know Chay will get more time to rest. Part of me wishes he was on the plane though...it'd be nice to know we'd have his help because without him, it might be a long weekend.

2 points works for me this weekend....nothing gained but nothing lost on DU if so.

2 points works for me this weekend....nothing gained but nothing lost on DU if so.

I couldn't agree more. A split in Denver will be satisfactory. Maybe the guys will really step up for two games and win them both for Chay. I could live with that.

Furthermore, I liked the way Fienhage played last Saturday. He had a few gaffes but nothing that can't be fixed with some more playing time. Like hak said in his interview (per brad) he just needs to worry about Defense and unleash a slap shot once in awhile.

I couldn't agree more. A split in Denver will be satisfactory. Maybe the guys will really step up for two games and win them both for Chay. I could live with that.

Furthermore, I liked the way Fienhage played last Saturday. He had a few gaffes but nothing that can't be fixed with some more playing time. Like hak said in his interview (per brad) he just needs to worry about Defense and unleash a slap shot once in awhile.

I too liked the way Fienhage played last weekend. In fact, I was more critical of Marto's play over the series.

I am usually pretty excited about Marto's game, especially what he brings to the table offensively. But recently he has not had an offensive impact and he by FAR made the most defensive blunders last weekend.

Did anyone else notice this?

I should repeat that I usually like his game. I just think this last weekend was what it was.. ;)

I too liked the way Fienhage played last weekend. In fact, I was more critical of Marto's play over the series.

I am usually pretty excited about Marto's game, especially what he brings to the table offensively. But recently he has not had an offensive impact and he by FAR made the most defensive blunders last weekend.

Did anyone else notice this?

I should repeat that I usually like his game. I just think this last weekend was what it was.. :silly:

Jake made one noticeable mistake where he got caught pinching...however we had no goals at the time and were down, so we needed to get some offense from Jake. He redeemed himself with his speed; catching up to the play and taking a good penalty.

Without Chay, Jake is our only offensive threat on the blueline.

I contend that Jake was not making defensive blunders, but was taking calculated risks and got burned once.

Fienhage is very green, and had a couple really bad gaffes.

Jake isn't big, but the kid is arguably the best skater on the team.

Jake made one noticeable mistake where he got caught pinching...however we had no goals at the time and were down, so we needed to get some offense from Jake. He redeemed himself with his speed; catching up to the play and taking a good penalty.

I contend that Jake was not making defensive blunders, but was taking calculated risks and got burned once.

i agree and think marto needs to step up and take advantage of chay being out if he gets the control to the car on the pp and 5 on 5. control that puck, skate end to end when possible and get that puck to the net! go sioux

sioux sweep

4-3

3-2

Joe Gleason is also pretty offensive and not too bad at getting the puck out of the zone.

Joe Gleason is also pretty offensive and not too bad at getting the puck out of the zone.

agree, his next 3 years will involve a lot of top PP time and end to end rushes hopefully like chay has done for years! for now though i go with marto for that dynamic side of the game being its his 3rd year and we have seen flashes. go sioux!!

I remember him fumbling the puck a lot, not holding the zone and letting the puck get by him, and not doing well under pressure when he had the puck on the power play. I would say I was vexed with his play between seven and ten times between the games and I am not a particularily negative fan..

But I expect him to do well next time he has all of the skill and experience.

On another note I should be positive and mention two players that really stood out to me last weekend.

Malone and Lammy- Malone had a few shifts where he totally dominated play (second and third period Sat) and was very solid all weekend. He has started to show a good little bit-o-craft in his skating and offensive playmaking to go along with his physical side.

Lammy kept doing more than I expected. . He always goes above and beyond and makes that one extra play to finish a play. His skating has been very impressive too. oh and how bout his line last Friday with Zajac and Hextall? They were pretty effective at maintaning the puck when the other three lines weren't.

I wonder how one of these two would do on the point on the power play in liou of Kristo. Especially Lamoureux, I swear I never see him do the wrong thing and he continues to impress so heck give him that test and see if he continues to shine in a new role?

I remember him fumbling the puck a lot, not holding the zone and letting the puck get by him, and not doing well under pressure when he had the puck on the power play. I would say I was vexed with his play between seven and ten times between the games and I am not a particularily negative fan..

But I expect him to do well next time he has all of the skill and experience.

On another note I should be positive and mention two players that really stood out to me last weekend.

Malone and Lammy- Malone had a few shifts where he totally dominated play (second and third period Sat) and was very solid all weekend. He has started to show a good little bit-o-craft in his skating and offensive playmaking to go along with his physical side.

Lammy kept doing more than I expected. . He always goes above and beyond and makes that one extra play to finish a play. His skating has been very impressive too. oh and how bout his line last Friday with Zajac and Hextall? They were pretty effective at maintaning the puck when the other three lines weren't.

I wonder how one of these two would do on the point on the power play in liou of Kristo. Especially Lamoureux, I swear I never see him do the wrong thing and he continues to impress so heck give him that test and see if he continues to shine in a new role?

I didn't notice that with Jake, and I am usually fairly critical.

COuldn't agree more on Lammy and Malone. Zajac too. Our second and third lines continue to impress.

The whole forward on the point on the pp bothers me. As a former forward, I hated anytime a bad change happened or we got caught up and I'd end up having to play like a defenseman...positioning as a defender is so huge, especially in space. Any defenseman can play wing and forecheck, but few forwards can do the job of a defenseman.

I move Kristo off the point, set him up as a shooter on the #2 pp. I know that we are trying to get him going by giving him lots of ice time, but we have to set him up to succeed.