Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My hunch says expect Fienhage.

I'd probably have the pairings be:

Blood-Gleason

LaPoint-Marto

MacWilliam-Fienhage

Ok, I don't like two big guys together like I have and it would make sense to split Marto and LaPoint to cover the spread but... those two have such a good chemistry thing going that I think that needs to be held together at all costs.

I also don't see Gleason as ready yet for the first pairing, but I don't see MacWilliam or Fienhage as better candidates either. Blood belongs out there. Next to Genoway, he's been overall our best D on the ice (which is saying something considering that all our D have played very very well thus far).

My hunch says expect Fienhage.

I'd probably have the pairings be:

Blood-Gleason

LaPoint-Marto

MacWilliam-Fienhage

Ok, I don't like two big guys together like I have and it would make sense to split Marto and LaPoint to cover the spread but... those two have such a good chemistry thing going that I think that needs to be held together at all costs.

I also don't see Gleason as ready yet for the first pairing, but I don't see MacWilliam or Fienhage as better candidates either. Blood belongs out there. Next to Genoway, he's been overall our best D on the ice (which is saying something considering that all our D have played very very well thus far).

I like the thought process. I agree with keeping Lapoint and Marto together for sure. I make them the top pairing for tonight.

Maybe a little rotation to let Fienhage adjust to game speed?

Bedtime in Iraq. Ugly, illegal hit on Chay last night, but keep the eye on the prize. Two more points is the best revenge. GO SIOUX.

If Marvin gets to play. I actually think the best revenge would see a UND challenge Marvin to a fight get it over with or this will fester like the DU one did for two more years. Marvin needs to pay for this act via the code.

I am sure that last night on the TV that they said Marvin would not play today.

From the Box score he only got a game misconduct.

STC-5 Chris Hepp (2-Roughing) 17:27

STC-6 Aaron Marvin (5-Checking from Behind) NDK 0x2 17:27

STC-7 Aaron Marvin (10-Game Misconduct) (Served by Jon Ammerman) 17:27

NDK-6 Brett Hextall (2-Roughing) 17:27

NDK-7 Brett Hextall (2-Roughing) 17:27

Coach's decision or what? More then likely a good choice

The league has no choice the head of officials is in the stands and witnessed that bush league hit, they have to call it or risk losing what little credibility they had. Having Don Adam continue to officiate is even more damaging.

........and letting the rest of the league know what will happen to them if they decide to take cheap shots on our players! Would love to see a good ol' fashion bare-knuckles fight tonite.

Maybe, but what is the point if Marvin's out? DU series next weekend -- who sits out the first game of that series?

UND is at home and is the 2nd ranked team in the nation. I don't even remember who the Sioux are playing - Duluth?

Vaht?

With Marvin out, I think UND still comes out pissed and physical, but I'm doubting there will be a fight now, even if DU wasn't the next opponent.

And, if UND wins tonight, UND will wear the dreaded #1 ranking. Miami lost last night. Everyone stumbles. FSU is to Miami as uAA was to us. I'm fairly certain they'll win tonight.

I'm nervous every Saturday because this team seems to be more a Friday night team rather than Saturday. Say what you will about last night's performance, but UND has been FAR more mortal on Saturdays.

I'm worried about Chay's condition. I hope he's ok. I'm not, however, worried about the D Corps. We've been pretty solid.

That being said, Fienhage is coming in for Genoway. So, inevitably, comparisons will be made. Fienhage will lose, I assure you. It's too bad. Genoway is older, more experienced, and plays a different game compared to Fienhage. But Fienhage was drafted. So, it won't matter to some.

Sad.

Nevertheless, I have faith in Hak and Crew. I have faith that Fienhage will play well overall, despite being rusty.

We can win this game if we play solid fundamentally and stay out of the box. Remember, SCSU has scored half their goals on the powerplay.

Per Brad:

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--29 Chris VandeVelde--26 Brett Hextall

9 Mario Lamoureux--11 Darcy Zajac--27 Carter Rowney

19 Evan Trupp--22 Brad Malone--18 David Toews

13 Brett Bruneteau--10 Corban Knight--7 Danny Kristo

24 Ben Blood--4 Corey Fienhage

3 Derrick LaPoint--25 Jake Marto

2 Andrew MacWilliam--20 Joe Gleason

32 Aaron Dell

31 Brad Eidsness

SCSU's lines

22 David Eddy--9 Garrett Roe--19 Ryan Lasch

27 Tony Mosey--29 Drew LeBlanc--21 Brian Volpei

11 Jared Festler--16 Nick Oslund--12 Travis Novak

10 Ben Hanowski--13 Jordy Christian--2 Jon Ammerman

4 Craig Gaudet--7 Garrett Raboin

3 Sam Zabkowicz--18 Chris Hepp

25 Oliver Lauridsen--24 Taylor Johnson

41 Dan Dunn

30 Mike Lee

Full team vs DU or Full team minus one and a message to the league that you don't f@#k with the Fighting Sioux.

I vote for the latter. It is early in the season. The way this team responds tonight is going to speak volumes as to what kind of club we have this year. I'm thinking that we have a team that will stick up for each other, play straight up, and never back down. I hope I'm right.

I start the Zajac line if I'm Hak and I tell them no one comes to the bench until they've registered a hit. No puck control on the first shift, simply punishing on the forecheck.

Per Brad:

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--29 Chris VandeVelde--26 Brett Hextall

9 Mario Lamoureux--11 Darcy Zajac--27 Carter Rowney

19 Evan Trupp--22 Brad Malone--18 David Toews

13 Brett Bruneteau--10 Corban Knight--7 Danny Kristo

24 Ben Blood--4 Corey Fienhage

3 Derrick LaPoint--25 Jake Marto

2 Andrew MacWilliam--20 Joe Gleason

32 Aaron Dell

31 Brad Eidsness

SCSU's lines

22 David Eddy--9 Garrett Roe--19 Ryan Lasch

27 Tony Mosey--29 Drew LeBlanc--21 Brian Volpei

11 Jared Festler--16 Nick Oslund--12 Travis Novak

10 Ben Hanowski--13 Jordy Christian--2 Jon Ammerman

4 Craig Gaudet--7 Garrett Raboin

3 Sam Zabkowicz--18 Chris Hepp

25 Oliver Lauridsen--24 Taylor Johnson

41 Dan Dunn

30 Mike Lee

Be good to see Dell again, BE was hard on the heart last night.