• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hf sabres prospects

16. Bradley Eidsness, Goalie

6'0" 173lbs

5th Round, 139th selection 2007

June 2, 1989

Eidsness is having a very good season for the UND Fighting Sioux. In his sophomore year, he is second in all of college hockey in games played and seventh in save percentage with a .914. On March 12, in the first game of the WCHA playoffs, Eidsness made 27 saves to record his second shutout of the season against Minnesota.

Eidsness is proving to be another great value goaltender for the Sabres. Between he and Knapp, the Sabres look to have a solid stable of young goalie talent for years to come.

hf montreal prospects

2. (10) Danny Kristo, LW, 19 Acquired: 2nd round, 56th overall, 2008

In 2009-10, Kristo has enjoyed no shortage of success. As a 19-year-old freshman, Kristo has been an impact player with the University of North Dakota. And on the international stage, the Edina, Minnesota native represented his country in noteworthy fashion, one of only a handful of returning members of the United States' WJC squad. He scored five goals and three assists en route to a gold medal.

With the Fighting Sioux, Kristo has scored 14 goals and 20 assists in 38 games. Kristo looks comfortable, excelling at each level he plays. He has excellent speed, shoots and passes equally well, and works hard on every shift. He was named the WCHA rookie of the year.

Tim's Corner

great idea to have th do these bits. love hearing old stories and his take with how many sioux hockey games he has called in his day!!

I spoke with him (Tim) outside the X on Thursday night and told him how much I appreciate his coverage and the show he does. He was seemed really glad to hear that.

UND is very fortunate to have him along with all the sports information dept. along with Brad from the Herald. Whenever I get a chance and run into these guys I let them know. They work very long hours to provide us with some great coverage,

I spoke with him (Tim) outside the X on Thursday night and told him how much I appreciate his coverage and the show he does. He was seemed really glad to hear that.

UND is very fortunate to have him along with all the sports information dept. along with Brad from the Herald. Whenever I get a chance and run into these guys I let them know. They work very long hours to provide us with some great coverage,

Tim H is one the best in the business. The thing I like about Brad is that he doesn't write a bunch of whiny ridiculous crap about the opposition teams the Sioux like some the other writers from the WCHA, he is professional unlike an unnamed Denver writer.

Tim H is one the best in the business. The thing I like about Brad is that he doesn't write a bunch of whiny ridiculous crap about the opposition teams the Sioux like some the other writers from the WCHA, he is professional unlike an unnamed Denver writer.

Will Chambers' head explode if DU doesn't make it out of their regional?

They are a team of destiny, after all.

I was amazed at how far up in the X his booth is...it's gotta be tough to see a game from that high up, let alone call the game. I'd like to see a picture of the view from up there.

Here's a couple pics showing his perch. In the wide shot, his booth is just to the right of the scoreboard, below the blue Oilers pennant (taken at 17mm). The close-up is taken at 200mm.

4458597269_b10d4487b0_b.jpg

4459375708_b5774b9862_b.jpg

I was amazed at how far up in the X his booth is...it's gotta be tough to see a game from that high up, let alone call the game. I'd like to see a picture of the view from up there.

Here's a couple pics showing his perch. In the wide shot, his booth is just to the right of the scoreboard, below the blue Oilers pennant (taken at 17mm). The close-up is taken at 200mm.

4458597269_b10d4487b0_b.jpg

4459375708_b5774b9862_b.jpg

I actually sat in that level during the Frozen Four at the X when the Gofers cheated :D to beat UMaine. You are pretty far away but you can see everything developing...former Badger Coach Jeff Sauer sat two chairs down from me...I wanted to ask him about his goon teams but thought better of it.

congrats kristo

per brad

Kristo named to all-CHN rookie team

UND freshman Danny Kristo has been named to College Hockey News' freshman All-American team.

The WCHA rookie of the year joins Alaska's Andy Taranto, Merrimack's Stephane Da Costa, Denver's Matt Donovan, Boston College's Brian Dumoulin and Colorado College's Joe Howe on the team.

Kristo was the WCHA's rookie of the year. He currently ranks third on the team in scoring with 15 goals and 36 points.

probably been posted already, but a short ncaa tourney preview on nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=522534

i especially like the final statement in this paragraph...

"The regional final should feature BC and the Fighting Sioux meeting for the seventh time in the postseason since 2000. Look for the highest scoring of the four regionals -- and the most intense play. No team in any post-season tournament plays with more snarl than UND."

pretty good write up, especially for a non-college hockey site. but they did get one thing wrong as they have bc coming out of our region ;)

probably been posted already, but a short ncaa tourney preview on nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=522534

i especially like the final statement in this paragraph...

"The regional final should feature BC and the Fighting Sioux meeting for the seventh time in the postseason since 2000. Look for the highest scoring of the four regionals -- and the most intense play. No team in any post-season tournament plays with more snarl than UND."

pretty good write up, especially for a non-college hockey site. but they did get one thing wrong as they have bc coming out of our region ;)

I just found this from the article. Of course they do.

NHL.com's projected regional winners -- Boston College, Denver, St. Cloud, Miami.

The Eagles are green on defense.

"Our best hockey is in front of us," said Jerry York about his Eagles, who play four freshman defensemen. York references them as "the best surprise" on this season's talented team, which is led by senior captains and forwards Matt Price, Ben Smith, and Hockey East Tournament MVP Matt Lombardi, along with defenseman Carl Sneep and standout goaltender John Muse.

I think SCSU will be tough. This is one of their best teams they've had in awhile, and they've had some decent ones in recent years. I can see them as a Frozen Four dark horse with good potential.

I guess they beat Wisconsin a week ago so it could happen again.

Take away that 8-1 thrashing, and Lee playing like crap in the Final Five, they were a tough team for us as well. They have the scoring. They have good goaltending most of the time, and their defense is better than in years past. Plus, they didn't have Roe against us and their lines were a bit scattered at the F5.

I watched the Final 5 semifinal game between Wisc and SCSU and I thought Wisc pretty clearly carried play.

i thought SCSU might have milked the refs when they got the 5 min major. I think the SCSU player milked it anyway.

i wonder what the stat is on game outcomes when you have to kill a 5 min major?

I hope the Sioux stay out of the box in the regionals this weekend!