SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

yes its different. it is its own channel and shows a wide variety of sports and regions. fcs is the channel. fsn rocky, north are different and regional fox sports channels

So Fox College Sports doesn't have a variety of channels like the FSN's. I guess I'm confused because I only see one Fox College Sports channel. I have directv...well and since Saturday a FTA dish that I may not end up using.

Fox College Sports is a CABLE offering. Its 3 channels (Atlantic, Pacific, Central) that is on the digital tiers

It is a stripped down version of the multi sports pack that Directv & Dish can carry (that has the 20+ regional sports networks like NESN, YES, FSN RM, FSN Ohio, Altitiude, Prime, Sunshine etc). FCS does carry some exclusive games to FCS

Directv does carry one channel of FCS on 617 but its for LIVE games only. So who knows if the Sioux would be shown or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So Fox College Sports doesn't have a variety of channels like the FSN's. I guess I'm confused because I only see one Fox College Sports channel. I have directv...well and since Saturday a FTA dish that I may not end up using.

There are 3 FCS stations on most digital cable packages, Atlantic, Central, and Pacific; not sure what it is directtv has, maybe they pick up portions of all three superregionals?

• Downvote 1

Fox College Sports is a CABLE offering. Its 3 channels (Atlantic, Pacific, Central) that is on the digital tiers

It is a stripped down version of the multi sports pack that Directv & Dish can carry (that has the 20+ regional sports networks like NESN, YES, FSN RM, FSN Ohio, Altitiude, Prime, Sunshine etc). FCS does carry some exclusive games to FCS

Directv does carry one channel of FCS on 617 but its for LIVE games only. So who knows if the Sioux would be shown or not.

My understanding is 617 is LIVE feed only, FCS exclusive. Not sure what that means if there's conflicts, but it may be that there is never more than one live exclusive production going on in a time slot, with the other two FCS channels leveraging the regional Fox Sports channels.

My understanding is 617 is LIVE feed only, FCS exclusive. Not sure what that means if there's conflicts, but it may be that there is never more than one live exclusive production going on in a time slot, with the other two FCS channels leveraging the regional Fox Sports channels.

correct. Direct 617 only shows live games according to what I've read

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

correct. Direct 617 only shows live games according to what I've read

Random live games? I can't find a listing anywhere. They just pick something and go with it? Maybe there is only one live event between the three channels so there aren't any conflicts...

Random live games? I can't find a listing anywhere. They just pick something and go with it? Maybe there is only one live event between the three channels so there aren't any conflicts...

random games that arent already available via the multi-sports pack. (I'm talking Directv 617 right now)

I do know that the FCS do have multiple live sports on at the same time. I've seen 3 college hockey games on at the same time on those FCS channels.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Does anybody know if there is a chance the signal is scrambled and my FTA wont pick it up now that FCS is carrying the games??

no. FCS will grab the FSSN signal just like ESPNU did for those couple years

oodles of cfb games each week are on networks that are subscription for everyone (ESPN, FSN) yet the games are backhauled free to air unscrambled :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

no. FCS will grab the FSSN signal just like ESPNU did for those couple years

oodles of cfb games each week are on networks that are subscription for everyone (ESPN, FSN) yet the games are backhauled free to air unscrambled :D

After reading all this info on 2 different threads, I still can't tell my daughter (who has Directv) if she'll have access to the Sioux hockey games this year. Does anybody out there really know?

After reading all this info on 2 different threads, I still can't tell my daughter (who has Directv) if she'll have access to the Sioux hockey games this year. Does anybody out there really know?

I honestly don't know either, but from what I gathered, I think that there is a good chance that she will get some of the games

If you go to the following link for Fox College Sports, they offer some information on whether you get FCS in your location on the lower left of the screen.

http://msn.foxsports.com/fcs

I have DishNetwork and the site seems to suggest that I would get programming available on FCS through Dish's multi-sport package. Whether or not it is all of the FCS programming is unclear. I usually subscribe to the multisport package every college hockey season anyway.

I have DishNetwork and the site seems to suggest that I would get programming available on FCS through Dish's multi-sport package. Whether or not it is all of the FCS programming is unclear. I usually subscribe to the multisport package every college hockey season anyway.

Dish doesnt have FCS. Its been posted already

Dish does not have that one channel of FCS

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dish doesnt have FCS. Its been posted already

Dish does not have that one channel of FCS

Since there are so many Fox Sports channels on Dish's multi-sport package, I was thinking they might throw the game up on one of the channels or an alternate channel. However, Dish's TV schedule does not show anything.