SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

I am in St. Louis Park. About 2 miles west of Lake Calhoun.

I'd like to get someone to install it and aim it for me all at once. It sounds like there is someone in the cities that can do it. Do you have a dish for Sioux hockey?? It'd be nice to get it all done for this season!

Check out http://www.psbsatellite.com. He's in the cities and has done installs for lots of TC Sioux fans. If you get a motorized system installed, you can motor to any of the satellites. The FSSN has changed satellites often since it started, at least one year the satellite was changed during the season. Motor was nice then, although you could pay Pete to return and repoint a manual system. For one road series last year (at Wisco, I think?), the feed was picked up from another satellite, manual would have required two repoints to receive all the games televised, again a big plus having a motor. Below, a motorized system from Pete that I installed myself (I'm a long ways from the TC).

dish1.jpgdish2.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Check out http://www.psbsatellite.com. He's in the cities and has done installs for lots of TC Sioux fans. If you get a motorized system installed, you can motor to any of the satellites. The FSSN has changed satellites often since it started, at least one year the satellite was changed during the season. Motor was nice then, although you could pay Pete to return and repoint a manual system. For one road series last year (at Wisco, I think?), the feed was picked up from another satellite, manual would have required two repoints to receive all the games televised, again a big plus having a motor. Below, a motorized system from Pete that I installed myself (I'm a long ways from the TC).

dish1.jpgdish2.jpg

Sprig, how do you get a signal with both dishes facing the other building?? :silly:

I am in St. Louis Park. About 2 miles west of Lake Calhoun.

I'd like to get someone to install it and aim it for me all at once. It sounds like there is someone in the cities that can do it. Do you have a dish for Sioux hockey?? It'd be nice to get it all done for this season!

I have a few dishes :silly:

2 motorized and a C-Band dish and a couple others set up

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

dish1.jpgdish2.jpg

You need paint; however, I'd recommend putting on insulation and steel siding (and never paint again).

Anyone can create a new Wiki page on this site. You just have to be brave enough to do it.

You need paint; however, I'd recommend putting on insulation and steel siding (and never paint again).

I'm taking all donations for steel siding :silly:

Looks like the UAA road series will be shown on FSSN. This may be on the same transponder, but could be telecast through another satellite, which, without a motor, could require a repoint for those with fixed systems. There have been FTA stations disappearing from KU band over the last month, but, Ohio News Network remains (on 74W)-they have telecast Miami games there the past couple seasons.

While midcontinent cable usually repoints and gets you the games, the local cable where I am (NCC Ray) seldom repoints for changes in satellites during the season, which is why I put up my own system and subscribed to dishnetwork.

Hope someone takes the time to do the wiki on FTA equipment installation, too much staring at a computer screen for me, already do that way to much at work.

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Pete from PSB installed my dish today. He did a great job in all aspects, it looks great, and works great. He really took the time to make sure the install looked good and was done properly. I would recommend him to anybody interested in getting a dish. Really looking forward to next Sunday's pre season game!

Pete from PSB installed my dish today. He did a great job in all aspects, it looks great, and works great. He really took the time to make sure the install looked good and was done properly. I would recommend him to anybody interested in getting a dish. Really looking forward to next Sunday's pre season game!

Congratulaions! Excellent choice!

Maybe someone has the answer to this & can help me out here. I'm down here in Florida & I want to catch some of the SIOUX HOCKEY games. I have Directv , what channel do I have to get in order to catch the games? If anyone knows could the please be kind enough to post it please. Thank you.

Looks like some games may be on Fox Sports.

The Manitoba game is listed as being on Fox Sports Atlantic along with the Friday game with Merimack.

The Sat game with Merimack is on Fox Sports Central.

Looks like this w/e football with USD is also on Fox Sports Atlantic at 4pm.

Looks like some games may be on Fox Sports.

The Manitoba game is listed as being on Fox Sports Atlantic along with the Friday game with Merimack.

The Sat game with Merimack is on Fox Sports Central.

Looks like this w/e football with USD is also on Fox Sports Atlantic at 4pm.

It looks like the deal between Fox College Sports and FSSN is already paying dividends.

Between FoxCollegeSports and Charter/Comcast, which shows SCSU, MSM and UMD home games, Sioux fans in the Twin Cities my not have to trek to Sensers as often this year.

Fox College Sports to carry all Fighting Sioux Sports Network programming live nationwide to 54 million homes.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.d...TCLID=204803554

Great news!

thats sweet! no need for webcast anymore as fcs is part of the 5.00 per month sports package here in az for digital cable offered. throw in the fox sports games against denver, gophers and uw and there are only a handful of away games most should have to watch on webcast if fcs is offered by your provider

thats sweet! no need for webcast anymore as fcs is part of the 5.00 per month sports package here in az for digital cable offered. throw in the fox sports games against denver, gophers and uw and there are only a handful of away games most should have to watch on webcast if fcs is offered by your provider

I have directv does that mean it's as easy as turning to the Fox College Sports channel (617)? What luck, I just paid to have a free to air dish installed Saturday!

I have directv does that mean it's as easy as turning to the Fox College Sports channel (617)? What luck, I just paid to have a free to air dish installed Saturday!

You may need to add the sports pak to make sure you get every FSSN broadcast. I do like the quality of the FTA feed better than what is delivered by cable as compared to dishnetwork/directtv, the picture is much better quality, so installing FTA was not a total waste.

• Downvote 1

You may need to add the sports pak to make sure you get every FSSN broadcast. I do like the quality of the FTA feed better than what is delivered by cable as compared to dishnetwork/directtv, the picture is much better quality, so installing FTA was not a total waste.

Not to mention the monthly price is right. :D

Not to mention the monthly price is right. :D

I just checked channel 617 (FCS) and I get it, it just says "to be announced". I get FSN North. How many Fox College Sports channels are there? I only see one on Directv. Now that FCS is carrying it is it going to be scrambled?

I just checked channel 617 (FCS) and I get it, it just says "to be announced". I get FSN North. How many Fox College Sports channels are there? I only see one on Directv. Now that FCS is carrying it is it going to be scrambled?

You need the Sports Pak to see all the Fox and Comcast sports networks, there are several channels, a least a couple of dozen. So in that case you're much better off having gotten the FTA system rather than write DirecTV a bigger check each month.

You need the Sports Pak to see all the Fox and Comcast sports networks, there are several channels, a least a couple of dozen. So in that case you're much better off having gotten the FTA system rather than write DirecTV a bigger check each month.

Is fox college sports central, atlantic, etc. different than the Fox sports net channels (FSN Detroit, FSN North, FSN Rockey Mountain, etc.). I don't see any Fox College Sports channels listed in directv's sports pack.

Is fox college sports central, atlantic, etc. different than the Fox sports net channels (FSN Detroit, FSN North, FSN Rockey Mountain, etc.). I don't see any Fox College Sports channels listed in directv's sports pack.

yes its different. it is its own channel and shows a wide variety of sports and regions. fcs is the channel. fsn rocky, north are different and regional fox sports channels