SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UNH

AZSIOUX

Win the draw and it doesn't matter what Finely does. Get a grip. Lot's of things could of changed the game result.

Lots of things.......................1 being sitting Finley's ass on the bench. Don't forget the one he almost coughed up early in the 3rd period too. He is not very good. No way he plays NHL hockey. Sorry, just my opinion!!

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finley missed half the season with a concussion.....lots of minutes?!

Okay sorry, he played a lot of minutes his entire career. :angry:

I would like to say thanks to the seniors though for the last four years. Duncan, Miller, Walski, all of those guys. It was great watching them play and grow as a group. There are a lot of what-ifs that go on at a time like this. You think about guys like Chorney, Toews, Oshie.....what could have been... :p

I think Eidsness played alright. None of the goals that I saw were really his fault....

OUCH! When New Hampshire scored to make it 5-4 I knew it wasn't going to end well. It's no surprise that UNH came out firing in overtime. Oh well, it was still a great season. On the bright side, we get to hang another banner in The Ralph next year. Sure it's not the one we all wanted, but it's nothing to hang our heads about either.

I'm already looking forward to next season! How many days until the puck drops? :angry:

OUCH! When New Hampshire scored to make it 5-4 I knew it wasn't going to end well. It's no surprise that UNH came out firing in overtime. Oh well, it was still a great season. On the bright side, we get to hang another banner in The Ralph next year. Sure it's not the one we all wanted, but it's nothing to hang our heads about either.

I'm already looking forward to next season! How many days until the puck drops? :angry:

I agree 100%.

I am with you. I for sure knew it wasn't going to end well when they scored to tie it with .3 seconds left. Thanks seniors, it was a great ride! Too bad it didn't end with you all being National Champs! I look forward to the drop of the puck next season! Until then - go, Air Force and go, Dogs!!

Lots of things.......................1 being sitting Finley's ass on the bench. Don't forget the one he almost coughed up early in the 3rd period too. He is not very good. No way he plays NHL hockey. Sorry, just my opinion!!

Without finley we don't even get to the Northeast regional. Dd you forget how bad this team played when he was gone? This loss is very hard to swallow, but i am really looking forward to next years team, Lots of great young talent coming back.

constructive? Really?

While some of the postings on here have been overly emotional, for the most part, the criticisms have been legitimate. Losing faceoffs at critical times, not getting back on defense quickly enough, etc., those are legitimate points to make when analyzing why our favorite college sports team lost a big game. This is college sports and we are college sports fans and emotional, passionate opinions go with the territory. I just hate the idea that if you are a fan of a particular team, you have to go into "duckies and bunnies" mode when talking about them. I'll support this program win, lose or draw. But I am also not afraid to call it like I see it. If you disagree with that stance, I can respect that and we'll just agree to disagree.

Thank god we have another goalie coming in next year to. BE did a good job throughout the year, but to have him play as many games as he did without getting some rest is a bit much. It should be nice having two goalies that can play next year if one has an off night, that's the whole point... not putting BE down.

Seriously, the people who are complaining about those who are !@#$%ing...DEAL WITH IT. Our team just freaking lost. Don't try and tell people how they should handle a loss. Everyone has there own way.

Right so go home and have your fit at home. These boys will feel crappy enough without their so called fans backstabbing them at every oportunity.

Thanks for a great season boys and good luck to the seniors whereever your future takes you.

Win the draw and it doesn't matter what Finely does. Get a grip. Lot's of things could of changed the game result.

It's funny you can say "Ho-Hum, win a draw and it doesn't matter," but when a particular set of D-men are on the ice for 5 of 6 goals I think there's a bit of a negative trend there that could have been addressed and actually had an impact on the game.

While some of the postings on here have been overly emotional, for the most part, the criticisms have been legitimate. Losing faceoffs at critical times, not getting back on defense quickly enough, etc., those are legitimate points to make when analyzing why our favorite college sports team lost a big game. This is college sports and we are college sports fans and emotional, passionate opinions go with the territory. I just hate the idea that if you are a fan of a particular team, you have to go into "duckies and bunnies" mode when talking about them. I'll support this program win, lose or draw. But I am also not afraid to call it like I see it. If you disagree with that stance, I can respect that and we'll just agree to disagree.

AMEN! we have all summer to go "duckies and bunnies"

I'm going to take the blame for this one. The only other time I was able to watch the Sioux play this year was at the GLI. Evidently, ever since I left ND I only get to witness all-time rollovers. :angry: I guess it is sort of appropriate for the game to end the way it did, with Finley standing like a cone while the game-winner is being sniped behind him. He never was as bad as he was made out to be, but he wasn't as good as some made him out to be either, and today he played horribly. Eidsness wasn't terrible today, but he sure seemed to play his worst at the end of the year, which isn't the progression you want to see from your freshmen goalie. Let's hope he wasn't getting a headstart on pulling a Kangas.

To be honest with you, this team exceeded my expectations, so for that, I can only say congratulations on the regular season crown. There were many great players who had their college careers ended in a fashion they didn't deserve today. Best of luck to you in whatever you do. The foundation is there for another great season next year. Let's hope it ends better than this one did.

GO SIOUX!

It's funny you can say "Ho-Hum, win a draw and it doesn't matter," but when a particular set of D-men are on the ice for 5 of 6 goals I think there's a bit of a negative trend there that could have been addressed and actually had an impact on the game.

Ho-Hum my ass. My trip to DC is going to be a lot different than I hoped. The point is, they should have one the game. Finley is an easy target, but after the game, I can point out many things that would have one the game. Thank you Seniors!

Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree with you. All it would have taken was that final faceoff in regulation. That was all on Duncan, and I am NOT trying to lay on the guilt the guy probably already is feeling. He is one of the best players we have had at UND, and sometimes, things just happen. The senior class moves on, and the program reloads, that's how it goes.

Right so go home and have your fit at home. These boys will feel crappy enough without their so called fans backstabbing them at every oportunity.

Thanks for a great season boys and good luck to the seniors whereever your future takes you.

I just 100% disagree with you. No one is backstabbing anyone at every opportunity. That is a stupid comment.

Really? :angry:

No one is saying they won't feel crappy. But if people want to vent there frustration on the loss here then so be it. It's a message board after all.

This loss is a fresh and open wound. We're still Fighting Sioux fans in the end and will support and follow them whether they win or lose.

Joe Finley with the exclamation point on a bust of a career. I will miss his glacier-like speed everytime we lose to a Hockey East team in the National tournament. I will miss not having a 6'7" 250lb guy that never once dropped his gloves in 4 years at UND. I will miss hearing from all of his apologists that think he actually turned away good pro offers to come back to UND. He is Hal Gill minus some speed and minus a lot of toughness. Have fun in the AHL.

I'm not saying they played great, but there's multiple things that didn't happen that couldn't happen. If Dunc's scores the goal on the wide open net...things may have been different. If Sioux win the faceoff with 5.9 seconds left, things WOULD have been different. I saw Finley get beat, and I cursed him at the moment, but overall, the team collapsed. They played a solid 13 minutes in the 3rd period, dominating the Wildcats, and then went back on their heels and let UNH bring it to them. It's a team game.