SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UNH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had it with ESPN and their garbage. All the exclusive contracts, putting games on channels almost no one gets (DaveK, we know you think it's the viewer's fault, so don't even start with me today) and putting novelty, alternative sports like Lacrosse ahead of college hockey, which probably has 100x the fan base that Lacrosse will ever have. Anyone who tries to tell me that Lacrosse is a bigger money-maker than hockey (college or NHL) is full or crap or is an apologist for "The Worldwide Leader in Hype."

End Rant. :silly:

Go Sioux!!! :D

I agree with you, but they did have 56,000 people at their national championship game last year. :D

I have had it with ESPN and their garbage. All the exclusive contracts, putting games on channels almost no one gets (DaveK, we know you think it's the viewer's fault, so don't even start with me today) and putting novelty, alternative sports like Lacrosse ahead of college hockey, which probably has 100x the fan base that Lacrosse will ever have. Anyone who tries to tell me that Lacrosse is a bigger money-maker than hockey (college or NHL) is full or crap or is an apologist for "The Worldwide Leader in Hype."

End Rant. :silly:

Go Sioux!!! :D

Everybody can have a rant, but why would ESPN switch from a game in OT to a game that has just started. How would you feel if they left the Sioux hockey game in OT to go to La Crosse game just starting, just be patient.

There are more people at this game then the regionals, and more people probably watching its a huge sport on the East Coast.

But ESPN promotes themselves as "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" (I like to change the last word to "Hype"). Outside of the Northeast, no one gives a rat's-behind about Lacrosse. What's next, a multi-million dollar contract to cover every Professional Bowling Association (PBA) Tournament? Or how about Lawnmower Racing? :D:silly:

I think it's time for a College Hockey Pay Per View package so that people that want to watch the regionals can order the games through their cable provider and ESPN can put all their novelty, alternative garbage on and not tick anyone off.

But ESPN promotes themselves as "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" (I like to change the last word to "Hype"). Outside of the Northeast, no one gives a rat's-behind about Lacrosse. What's next, a multi-million dollar contract to cover every Professional Bowling Association (PBA) Tournament? Or how about Lawnmower Racing? :D:silly:

I think it's time for a College Hockey Pay Per View package so that people that want to watch the regionals can order the games through their cable provider and ESPN can put all their novelty, alternative garbage on and not tick anyone off.

Outside of BCS football and college basketball, no one really gives a rats ass about any of these sports in the grand scheme of things.

I disagree, the entire east coast is big into the sport.

Everybody can have a rant, but why would ESPN switch from a game in OT to a game that has just started. How would you feel if they left the Sioux hockey game in OT to go to La Crosse game just starting, just be patient.

Sorry, my patience ran out last year when the NCAA catered hand and foot to ESPN and Altitude. And what I just bolded would happen, no ifs, ands or buts.

And ranting and raving is part of my job on SS.com (no offense meant)! :silly: