SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BADGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few notes from St. Paul on the Sioux:

1) Want some of my money back. I worked harder on the x-training machine at the Crowne Plaza then UND did on the ice. :lol:

You and I are just going to have to disagree on this. I agree the PP did not get the job done with ample opportunities, but I thought the team worked very very hard and never gave up. They just didn't get the puck in the net.

Walked over with the UND reserves Friday pm. Toews looked and walked ok? He was chatting and laughing. Don't know why he did play yesterday? Watkins came back in and played after his hit on Friday. My guess he was held out yesterday as a precaution and will go next week.

he didnt play because davidson got the nod. he and davidson will battle this week for watkins forward spot as he seems doubtful. toews is healthy now and ide rather see him in than davidson

Anyone know if Toews is still injured or just a continual scratch?? I would have thought after the Dogz game he would have been in there instead of Davidson. At least he has a chance to put the puck in the net. Anyone??

According to the pregame show Hak put Davidson in for his size and ability to score too.

You and I are just going to have to disagree on this. I agree the PP did not get the job done with ample opportunities, but I thought the team worked very very hard and never gave up. They just didn't get the puck in the net.

Were you at the X for the 2nd period of yesterday's game? Haven't seen this team get outworked like that this year!

For the first time ever at a Final Five third place game I began to wonder about the wisdom of the third place game in some situations. Yes, it is possible for that game to help a bubble team. But yesterday it was a team with a lock into the NCAA against a team virtually locked out of the NCAA. Wisconsin literally had free license to take liberties, play cheap, get even for past perceived injustices, etc. After seeing Watkins get hurt on a stupid penalty Friday night I was concerned the Sioux could get someone else hurt or a game DQ. A couple of examples - Two WI players jumping Finley simultaneously, Geoffrion playing the goon and cheap shotting Sioux players. I was actually more concerned about that than the Sioux play most of the time.

As for the Sioux, I did see some things I did not like. Kozek dogging it to the bench on a line change, leading to a WI 5 on 4 situation for a few seconds. About halfway to the bench he realized he needed to pick it up, but by then it was too late. There were other instances I observed where I thought 100% wasn't being given. That needs to be changed by next weekend.

The best new license plate that I saw on the way home from the Final Five - North Dakota plate "5 4RUFN" Now that is a hockey fan.

For the first time ever at a Final Five third place game I began to wonder about the wisdom of the third place game in some situations.

Especially when every team is hurt already this time of year, and a little rest before the biggest weekend of the year would be helpful.

Finley nails Murray with a legit clean hit and Blake feels the need to fight Finley. Only think is big Joe was ready to go and the refs rescued Geoffrion.

Geoffrion was not off to a good start as his jersey was over his head just as he got rescued.

Watched the replay of Bucky's first goal. Still don't understand why that counted and Darby Hendrickson seemed to agree as well. O well, they got beat 4-1.

I think Hak has a legit complaint that was a bushleague goal.

For the first time ever at a Final Five third place game I began to wonder about the wisdom of the third place game in some situations. Yes, it is possible for that game to help a bubble team. But yesterday it was a team with a lock into the NCAA against a team virtually locked out of the NCAA. Wisconsin literally had free license to take liberties, play cheap, get even for past perceived injustices, etc. After seeing Watkins get hurt on a stupid penalty Friday night I was concerned the Sioux could get someone else hurt or a game DQ. A couple of examples - Two WI players jumping Finley simultaneously, Geoffrion playing the goon and cheap shotting Sioux players. I was actually more concerned about that than the Sioux play most of the time.

As for the Sioux, I did see some things I did not like. Kozek dogging it to the bench on a line change, leading to a WI 5 on 4 situation for a few seconds. About halfway to the bench he realized he needed to pick it up, but by then it was too late. There were other instances I observed where I thought 100% wasn't being given. That needs to be changed by next weekend.

The best new license plate that I saw on the way home from the Final Five - North Dakota plate "5 4RUFN" Now that is a hockey fan.

That was us. Have to say I stole it from a Minnesota Sioux fan in College years ago. :lol:

That third place game sucks. Unless the Gophers are getting whooped. :lol:

I hate the 3rd place game because it is only a cash grab for the league. They are soaking the faithful fans who buy the package year after year.

After the Gophers getting knocked out by the end of the 3rd place games you can now imagine how I now.

That third place game sucks. Unless the Gophers are getting whooped. :lol:

I hate the 3rd place game because it is only a cash grab for the league. They are soaking the faithful fans who buy the package year after year.

After the Gophers getting knocked out by the end of the 3rd place games you can now imagine how I now.

I agree and I can't see the league getting rid of it because 15,000 fans came to see it.

Big money

I agree and I can't see the league getting rid of it because 15,000 fans came to see it.

Big money

In all fairness, it was fun to watch the Sioux take it to CC in last years 3rd place game. Chay with his coast to coast, and JPL with a couple of smokin' hot saves. It was a fun game to watch. This year? Not so much.

In all fairness, it was fun to watch the Sioux take it to CC in last years 3rd place game. Chay with his coast to coast, and JPL with a couple of smokin' hot saves. It was a fun game to watch. This year? Not so much.

I am not against the third place game, I actually broke major speeding laws getting back from Prior Lake so I could see the game. I barely had time to park my car, change my cloths and get a beer and a hot dog before the game started. I am unhappy the way things turned out, it sounds like Hak really said

the team had nothing to play for but next year the third place game might mean something.

I am not against the third place game, I actually broke major speeding laws getting back from Prior Lake so I could see the game. I barely had time to park my car, change my cloths and get a beer and a hot dog before the game started. I am unhappy the way things turned out, it sounds like Hak really said

the team had nothing to play for but next year the third place game might mean something.

Quite honestly they had everything to play for...they could have been the #2 seed in MPLS and 5,000 of the geen and white faithful cheering them on....

Quite honestly they had everything to play for...they could have been the #2 seed in MPLS and 5,000 of the geen and white faithful cheering them on....

very disappointing...we beat Wisconsin and we are in MPLS. so we lay an egg in the 3rd place game and we get what we deserve and are in the toughest bracket in the tourney.

I didn't see any good games. Pretty sure I almost fell asleep during the wisco/du game on friday afternoon. They all seemed to be pretty one-sided. One team showed up to play. (Though during our UMD game, I felt like the boys tried their hardest but couldn't overcome those bad goals we gave up and couldn't get anything past stalock -- damn you alex!) I felt as though I should have driven to Michigan or whatever and watched the CCHA tourney in case there were some better games out there. ha!

Disagree...the power play sucked and the team let its fans down and they know it more than anyone....turn the page and Go Sioux in Manchester.

Just a few notes from St. Paul on the Sioux:

1) Want some of my money back. I worked harder on the x-training machine at the Crowne Plaza then UND did on the ice. :lol:

2) Special teams: 1 and done in the NCAA if things don't change. Gave up a SHG and 2 PPGs. And were OH-fer on the PP! ;)

3) BE has to play better. He wasn't awful, but 2 of the 3 goals in the 2nd yesterday we right in front of us and could've been handled. And this misplayed puck vs. UMD... :sad:

4) Score! 1 goal in 2 games?? You all know the stats, we don't win unless we get at least 3!

5) Get back to playing UND hockey...skating, hitting, and hitting some more for 60 minutes. We gave up 25 shots in the second period yesterday because we stopped skating and hitting like the first period.

6) Great Sioux crowd and fans.

7) Skywalk from Crowne was great on Friday with rain.

8) Ray, our Subway sandwich guy, on Friday said he was a big Sioux fan...he is also NA! Said the nickname issues is "BS"! Go Ray Ray!!

9) One of the guys sitting behind us was Lee Davidson, former UND player in late 80s-early 90s. Good guy!

Overall, minus the awful hockey played by UND, we had a blast. On to the NCAAs. GO SIOUX!

Count me as another who thought we didn't go as hard as we could have. Sure - when we were in a battle for the puck our guys were working hard - but there is a lot of other facets that suffered due to not giving 100% (line changes, back checking, etc.) It wasn't constantly apparent - and it wasn't the biggest reason we lost (probably) - but it was enough for a few of us who were there to notice it. I noticed it with UM, Wisco, and our team. Strangely, I didn't notice it at all with the UMD club.

and now they get to play in front of several hundred sioux fans opposed to 5,000. but I gues playing in front of a ton of sioux fans this weekend didn't do anything for them. so maybe the fewer the better.