SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

ncaa_i_duncan_600.jpg

What a great regular season for the Sioux. Congrats to all players and coaches and staff that made it happen!! Macnaughton Cup Champions!! Now it is time to take care of business vs Tech in Grand Forks in a best 2 of 3 series 1st round WCHA match-up. The Sioux head into this series splitting in Madison and Tech split at home vs Minnesota. Get this done in 2 games and move onto the next step in St. Paul. GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THIS SEASON - Sioux are 1-1-1 vs Tech this season losing in the holiday tourney in Detroit then a win and a tie at Tech in January

WCHA STANDINGS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 22-12-4

WCHA: 17-7-4, 38 points

Home: 12-3-2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to take care of MTU in two! No scares like last year.

Hakstol can work on the PP/PK this week in practice.

I think there are definitely going to be some good 1st round series this year...who knows which 5 teams will be in St Paul.

I'm very excited for this weekend of hockey. I'll be getting tickets for the series as I'd like to see Duncan and the rest of the seniors on the ice one more time at the ralph before they call it a career at home. I really hope that last year serves a valuable lesson for the Sioux. Tech is a team that doesn't quit, and showed it last year. That weekend series could have gone either way last year with the Sioux possibly losing if not for some great saves at the end by Lamoureax.

You can't be too upset with the way the Sioux played against Wisconsin. Boy, that Connelly, just likes to pick on us. I like the way the Sioux are playing heading into the weekend, hopefully they'll keep the roll on.

I like the way the Sioux are playing heading into the weekend, hopefully they'll keep the roll on.

Agreed. Despite the criticism on here after tonight's game, I thought the Sioux played well enough to win tonight. The difference was Connelly's fantastic play (and he was aided by the post on Kozek shots...twice!).

That said, the PP and PK could use some tweaking, so hopefully they can get that straightened out before the series this weekend.

Go Sioux!!

UND in 3. We have quite a bit more talent than MTU, but UND hasn't exactly been ripping teams a new one lately. Tons of close games, and a bad bounce or two could easily lead to an MTU win one night. The Sioux also struggle against teams that play defense like the Huskies do.

Wisconsin beating us yesterday has no bearing on me thinking that MTU wins one game in this best of 3. I just feel MTU can steal one.

Totally different UND team than it was the first time around.

Previous 3 meetings this season with Tech:

2-1 Loss

3-3 Tie

5-0 Win

Outshot them by a combined 104-56 in those three games.

Hopefully this weekend's series is more like that 3rd game, score-wise.

SIoux have shown real home ice advantage this year; even when we were struggling early on. Last time we lost a game at home it was November and we got beat 2-1 on Saturday in a nailbiter vs what was (at the time) the best defensive team in college hockey (Cornell).

Sioux sweep. 7-1 and 3-1 ENG

SIoux have shown real home ice advantage this year; even when we were struggling early on. Last time we lost a game at home it was November and we got beat 2-1 on Saturday in a nailbiter vs what was (at the time) the best defensive team in college hockey (Cornell).

Sioux sweep. 7-1 and 3-1 ENG

Let's not forget UND scored a goal that was waved off and probably should have counted as well.

I'm very excited for the series and think it'll be great games! At the same time I'm sad because these will be my last live Sioux games for awhile and my last games at the Ralph for even longer :whistling: I begin my training with the FAA March 31st and will be moving to Oklahoma and then Michigan. So I'm hoping for one last sweep at the Ralph before I leave! GO SIOUX!

I'm very excited for the series and think it'll be great games! At the same time I'm sad because these will be my last live Sioux games for awhile and my last games at the Ralph for even longer :whistling:I begin my training with the FAA March 31st and will be moving to Oklahoma and then Michigan. So I'm hoping for one last sweep at the Ralph before I leave! GO SIOUX!

Holy cow, OKC, just in time for Tornado season.

Since this is my first game(s) for the year, yeah I know...pathetic, I hope we can get a SIOUX SWEEP. it'll be a nice send off for the seniors also.

3-0, 4-0

So you're buying into Tech's offensive ineptness! :whistling:

2 games, 2 slaughters...MTU sucks, and both of our teams losing to them is a total embarrassment

As much as I would love for UND to slaughter Tech in two, they cant look past them. It's playoff time and I am guessing Tech will be ready to play. Like a few other people said, they dont quit. I think UND can take them in two but I dont know about two slaughters. Even though I would love to see "2 games, 2 slaughters".