SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

On a side note, Eidsness moved ahead of Stalock in the GAA in WCHA games by .05. Making a run for goaltending champ. :D

Maybe all the people voting on the WCHA end of season awards better not send their ballots yet.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, don't agree with your philosophy. Don't change things up when they're working. Go into the playoffs strong. Nothing against Walski...just want our team to be a well oiled machine going in.

From watching this weeks press conference I think Hak agrees with you. He appears totally focused on the very next game, not worrying about playoff positioning or the Cup. That could be all talk, but I'll bet he doesn't sit people tomorrow just because he can. I'll bet the only guys who sit are guys who need to recover from an injury. Everyone else plays in an effort to keep the edge as sharp as possible going into the playoffs.

For tomorrow, will someone please tell the Wisco announcer that Chay pronounces it Gen-o-way not Jen-o-way? Seriously, that is starting to get on my nerves! He is a freaking junior, you haven't figured that out yet?

Took me a whole period to figure out who Greg War was.

Unlike teams from UMN and DU, the Sioux believe that every game counts. If there is any chance at all for the Sioux to get a #1 seed and be the host at The Ralph East, lets do it.

I dunno.

I think the main difference is that we seem to sluff off a bit at the beginning of the season whereas the opposite is true for them.

Nice gritty win. THis game like so many others, was decided by the play of our third and fourth lines. They weren't in the boxscore, but they won the game.

Hope Kozek is alright, I didn't see him much after he went into the boards hard.

Is Watkins this year's Porter? He is scoring big goals.

I'm still not happy with some of the sloppy d play in our own end.

Vande...another clutch goal. It was a goal scorer"s goal, nice patience.

Big win, let's not let up. No more losses...9 to go...

From watching this weeks press conference I think Hak agrees with you. He appears totally focused on the very next game, not worrying about playoff positioning or the Cup. That could be all talk, but I'll bet he doesn't sit people tomorrow just because he can. I'll bet the only guys who sit are guys who need to recover from an injury. Everyone else plays in an effort to keep the edge as sharp as possible going into the playoffs.

Post-game tonight he was pretty much saying how annoyed he was at the players after the game because they all went straight into "got another game tomorow night" mode instead of just relaxing and enjoying the win and the Cup for an hour or two.

On the other hand, it's great to hear how focused this team is.

A little cheesy but I can't resist.

Gas to Madison $22.17

Tickets to BADger-Fighting Sioux Men's Ice Hockey Game (Free soda & hot dog though) $48.00

Being at the Kohl Center when your Fighting Sioux win the 2009 MacNaughton Cup Priceless

Take care of business.

I doubt Walski gets the start tomorrow. However, I sure hope Finehage gets in there for someone. I'm not sure who he'd go in for. You'd hate to take out Jonesy cuz he's a senior, but getting Blood as much playing time as possible is good also.

'Twill be interesting to see what Hak does with the lineup tonight.

While you don't mess with good chemistry, a rest for Eidsness before the stretch

run might well be a good thing. Some game action for Walski cannot hurt, especially

in a game with little ultimate consequence. Eidsness could trip on a crack, get run

by the opposition, get a touch of the flu, or cut his hand making a sandwich.

Having a backup who has not seen a bit of game action for a long stretch is not a good thing.

This said, Eidsness is young, may be on the verge of a ROY award, and is key in

the building confidence of this team. He ain't tired, and they ain't heavy. I

think that Hak rolls with him, and with the same boys that brung 'em the Cup.

'Cept for Derek, who is healing up to take charge of the D-corps next year.

It looked like Joe Finley got a little dinged up in the 3rd period and was a bit gimpy for the rest of the game although he was out there. Kozek also was slow to get up when he ran into the net. Maybe they will sit for tonight's game. Rainy now here in WI. Everybody drive safely.

Great win guys now let's go for the sweep. Grant you the Kroll center I think I spell that right if not please forgive me for my lousy spelling. Anyway the Krell center isn't a easy place to play or win as a matter of fact. SO GO SIOUX SWEEP THE BADGERS.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Great win for the Sioux and overall WCHA champs. For those that were at the Khole Center (spelling?), how was the atmosphere? I'm sure that B.E. got an ear full after the first goal. We were there for the regional last year and the crowd really does get into the game.

Also does anyone have a clip of VV's game winning goal? I missed it as I got up and knocked my laptop (connected to TV) to the floor about the time he scored.. :D

I doubt Walski gets the start tomorrow. However, I sure hope Finehage gets in there for someone. I'm not sure who he'd go in for. You'd hate to take out Jonesy cuz he's a senior, but getting Blood as much playing time as possible is good also.

i wouldnt start walski but if hak does then i hope the team and him can get the sweep. this game is very important pairwise ranking wise as well. the cup is clinched and this game tonight is important. i would love to see fienhage as well. go sioux

and

DAM brad eidsness, you have been rock solid this whole season. i dont think many could ever imagine a freshman coming in and simply taking over like that. props to BE for his mental focus the way he has never panicked this whole season

i wouldnt start walski but if hak does then i hope the team and him can get the sweep. this game is very important pairwise ranking wise as well. the cup is clinched and this game tonight is important. i would love to see fienhage as well. go sioux

and

DAM brad eidsness, you have been rock solid this whole season. i dont think many could ever imagine a freshman coming in and simply taking over like that. props to BE for his mental focus the way he has never panicked this whole season

Accoring to Brad if the Sioux could complete the sweep tonight they could soldify their pwr numbers and basically make the tourney.

Anyone that was at the game last night, and out on the town before and after. How was it? You guys were definitely heard on TV, i heard Sioux Yeah Yeah's, Lets Go Sioux that you started, substituting "SIOUX" for RED, in their chants, and I think I heard a Connely, Connely chant.

GREAT WORK! Wish I had been there. :D

Accoring to Brad if the Sioux could complete the sweep tonight they could soldify their pwr numbers and basically make the tourney.

yeah it could be the clincher for top 13 or so to be locked. hell of a job by the sioux and coaching staff. a new banner will look great in the rafters!!