SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

I was thinking of what would be good for both goalies. I don't know, it worked out for Goehring and Kollar. There was no question that Karl was the #1 guy, but he didn't play every game. I wonder if maybe goalies can wear down towards the end of a season if they don't get a few nights off here and there. Not that I claim to be any kind of expert, just saying that there might be something to that.

Regardless, we all want the same result... national championship #8.

I agree that goalies can wear down towards the end of the year, but I don't know if I necessarily agree that it happens to goalies in college hockey. Teams who play 60-80 games in a season, yes. IMO, athletes in college hockey are too well conditioned to wear down like at the next level or up in Canada (where they play more games...not that they're less of athletes). Injuries can take time to heal, but not just regular season games.

Again, nothing against Walski, but Walski's not Kollar. Andy came in as a top recruited goalie, and had to wait his time to play...especially since he had Karl to compete against. BE is clearly an elite goalie, whose found his groove in his game. Goalie changes can change the way a team plays, and I simply don't agree with that risk. Now...if Hak chooses to start Walski tomorrow, I'll still be hoping for the same outcome and hoping Walski has a great outing...I'll just be a bit more nervous for next weekend.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's a good night when the Sioux win to clinch the MacNaughton while the Gophers lose in OT to the last placed Huskies. :D

Now...saying that, I just hope that UND can beat them twice next weekend. :D

um, to edit....twice in two games! PLEASE! no more letting them tie the game with 5.5 seconds left.

Three Sioux fans celebrating in MD, were excited for the FF, hopefully including the Sioux. Looking to the future, how good are we going to be in the next few seasons? If I remember correctly, some saw this as a rebuilding season, myself included.

I said at the beginning of the season that IF the Sioux had a goalie, they'd be right there in the thick of it all year.

Well...after tonights game (and many others this year), I think it's safe to say...we HAVE a goalie.

WELCOME HOME Mr. McNaughton!!!

:D

Why would anyone want to be a killjoy and bring this subject of a goaltender change into a thread that only deserves celebration. Eids is in a groove and there is no way you break his run.

I dunno, there are some people that think Walsky should get another start. I doesn't make any sense to me.

Brad has earned the starting goalie job and I don't see any reason to break up what is working for the Sioux right

now. B.C. rode one goalie all year to the NCAA title.

I dunno, there are some people that think Walsky should get another start. I doesn't make any sense to me.

Agreed. And not just because I'm from Bemidji.

I understand Walsky has put in his time...he's worked hard, been there for his team through thick and thin. And he's worn the Green and White with pride, and given 100% when he's on the ice.

I also think he knows full well all about the PWR and will understand why he doesn't start tomorrow if, indeed, he doesn't.

He's a team player, and he'll stand his post with pride. That is the Sioux way.

If he starts, he'll give his all. If he's on the bench, he'll be ready to come in at any moment. Like he always has.

Agreed. And not just because I'm from Bemidji.

I understand Walsky has put in his time...he's worked hard, been there for his team through thick and thin. And he's worn the Green and White with pride, and given 100% when he's on the ice.

I also think he knows full well all about the PWR and will understand why he doesn't start tomorrow if, indeed, he doesn't.

He's a team player, and he'll stand his post with pride. That is the Sioux way.

If he starts, he'll give his all. If he's on the bench, he'll be ready to come in at any moment. Like he always has.

I hope I don't get murdered for this, but anyone else want us to lose tomororw? I want the Sioux to stay hungry and I think a loss might not be so bad for us tom in a meaningless game. Thoughts?

I hope I don't get murdered for this, but anyone else want us to lose tomororw? I want the Sioux to stay hungry and I think a loss might not be so bad for us tom in a meaningless game. Thoughts?

Keep the wheels in motion. I hope they keep up the pressure, pace and momentum going.

We don't take games off. That's not the Sioux way.

Win. All The Time. Everytime.

Not going to kill you, but a loss isn't where you want to be this time of year. It's all about the PWR.

IF the Sioux lose again, I'd just as soon it was tomorrow night as anything, but I really don't want to see them lose another game this season. There are a LOT of seniors on this team. Correction. There are a LOT of HUNGRY seniors on this team. They know what is at stake this time of year. I hope they feed themselves with every chance they get.

What a night:

UND wins #14 (and leaves Bucky Badger at 29 points)

Minnesota comes back from 3 down at Tech only to lose in OT and hold at 27 points

Anchorage goes in to Duluth and holds the 'dogs at 27 points

The Purple Cows move to 25 points by hammering the Huskies (who got DU last weekend) to hold SCSU at 27 points

CC (30 points) is happy right now because the losses by the Gophers, Bulldogs, and SCSU (27 each) got them home ice!

Unlike teams from UMN and DU, the Sioux believe that every game counts. If there is any chance at all for the Sioux to get a #1 seed and be the host at The Ralph East, lets do it.

What a night:

UND wins #14 (and leaves Bucky Badger at 29 points)

Minnesota comes back from 3 down at Tech only to lose in OT and hold at 27 points

Anchorage goes in to Duluth and holds the 'dogs at 27 points

The Purple Cows move to 25 points by hammering the Huskies (who got DU last weekend) to hold SCSU at 27 points

CC (30 points) is happy right now because the losses by the Gophers, Bulldogs, and SCSU (27 each) got them home ice!

I'm a happy Fighting Sioux fan! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!