SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs COLORADO COLLEGE

AZSIOUX

1109undhockey4.jpg

OK, here we go. 2nd to last series of the regular season and it couldn't be any bigger with the Tigers coming into The Ralph. Tied for 1st place overall with DU with one game in hand. Lets keep it rolling!! The Sioux come into this series after sweeping UAA in Anchorage with a tough OT win Friday and a solid victory Saturday night. CC comes off a sweep of the Gophers in Colorado Springs. LETS GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXX

LAST MEETING- The teams split in Colorado Springs November 7,8 of this season

WCHA STANDINGS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

SIOUX SPORTS What If Calculator

und.gif

Overall Record: 20-11-3

WCHA: 15-6-3, 33 points

Home: 11-3-1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge series!

We need at least 2 points, hopefully more. Plus a SCSU win or two would be nice.

I wasn't that impressed with CC against UMN, despite them sweeping. It honestly doesn't take much to sweep the Gophers this season.

The Sioux need to come out hard like they did against DU and UMN.

Any word on Trupp injury?

Reinjured the same (right) shoulder that cost him 4 games earlier. I'm not an Ortho Dr. but have enough general knowledge thru my schooling to know that to reinjure the same moveable joint in a relatively short time between injuries is typically not good. If it's a collarbone issue, that's not any better. That fact that he didn't return last night and it's the same shoulder (if true), I'd guess-timate his earliest return would be the 1st round WCHA, probably the Final 5. And again this opinion is just my limited knowledge of the suspected injury, but I hope we see him Sat. on the ice at the REA 'cause he is my daughter's favorite Sioux! :D

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Playoff tickets on sale Monday morning

Tickets for UND's first-round WCHA playoff series will go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday for both students and the general public.

Ticket packages include all three games. They cost $40 for adults, $20 for children ages 2-12 and $14 for UND students with a valid ID.

For the general public, purchase the tickets at the REA box office, all Ticketmaster locations (I assume this means ticketmaster.com, too), by phone at (701) 772-5151 or online at FightingSioux.com.

The games will be played at 7:37 p.m. on Friday, March 13; 7:07 p.m. on Saturday, March 14; and 7:07 p.m. Sunday, March 15 (if necessary). Ticket packages include all three games.

Season ticket holders do not need to purchase tickets for the playoffs. They should have been included in the ticket package at the start of the season.

For students check your U-mail account for detailed ticket information. Student tickets will be held until 10 a.m. Thursday. At that point, unsold student seats will be opened to the public.

The first round is scheduled during UND's spring break, so there should be a lot of seats available.

my latest what if

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/

have sioux taking 3 from cc and 2 from uw

have du taking 4 from scsu and 1 from final 1 game series with cc

who cares about the rest :D

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

Denver 28 38

UND 28 38

UW 28 33

UMD 28 32

CC 28 31

UMN 28 28

SCSU 28 27

Mankato 28 23

AA 28 19

MTech 28 11

I don't know if I've ever seen the ticket exchange part of siouxsports so empty of tickets being sold for a series.

I anticipate it will pick up early this week, but WOW, there haven't been any available for darn near a month.

BTW, I'm looking for 4 tickets to the Sunday game :D :D , see my signature.

There should be.....unless a certain team from Minnesota is matched up with us in the first round. Likely? No. Possible? Definitely.

like it says, there will be plenty of seats to buy up. the ralph will be packed to sweep whoever comes in and to send the seniors off with an bang from the ralph

I just have this feeling we will be playing the Gophers

I don't see that happening.

In order for us to play the Gophers in the 1st round, we would have to finish 3rd and they would have to finish 8th. Or we would have to finish 4th in the league...I also don't think that UW/DU/CC will all pass us in the last 2 weekends. I don't see Mankato passing them for 7th either...4 points less in the same # games played.

I don't see that happening.

In order for us to play the Gophers in the 1st round, we would have to finish 3rd and they would have to finish 8th. Or we would have to finish 4th in the league...I also don't think that UW/DU/CC will all pass us in the last 2 weekends. I don't see Mankato passing them for 7th either...4 points less in the same # games played.

not likely at all like you said

I was at saturdaynights game Between CC and the goph's. CC got out hussled/out shot/out plaued in the first period. The second period was a good tough hocey and it seamed that the tigers found another gear. Once the tigers took teh 4-3 lead it was all over, the goph's were hacking just trying to save face and the empty netter was icing. for this weekend I predict that UND will earn 3 points with a tie comming sunday.

Esox

cc is a good team, great goalie who can steal a game but can also be beat. plain and simple, sioux are the better team right now, and it's at home, best home ice advantage in the wcha (unless you count the trip up to anchorage as home ice advantage :D ). unless bachman steals a point or two for the tigers with a stand on his head performance, sioux sweep at home. 4-2 saturday with an empty netter and 4-3 sunday! LETS GO SIOUX!!!