SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see the Sioux get more shots on goal but maybe it's not as bad as it seemed last night.

Since the first of this year, the Seawolves have averaged 24 SOG per home game against. The Sioux had 22 last night. However, the only games with lower shots on goal were Tech with 18 and 22, and SCSU with 16. Bucky put up 25 and 37 and SCSU put up 26. Still, if you look at those numbers the Sioux aren't that far off. The only game with a lot of shots against was one against Bucky. The Sioux weren't far off the mark otherwise. Alaska isn't giving up a lot at home.

AA's home record during that stretch is 1-4-2.

AA has put up an average 25 SOG per home game during that stretch. Last night they put up 26.

Both Bucky and Tech put up more shots in the Saturday game than in the Friday game. SCSU put up fewer. AA is 1-1-1 in Saturday contests, they are 0-3-1 on Friday nights.

I think the Sioux have more than 22 SOG to offer, so I like our chances to put up a little more offense tonite. Shyiak said that AA played one of their best games of the season last night. The Sioux weathered that even if they didn't have their best game. If they can amp it up a little tonite, and Eidsness continues to save the ones he should and steal one or 2, then I like our chances for a big sweep.

We shall see.

Would like to see the Sioux get more shots on goal but maybe it's not as bad as it seemed last night.

Since the first of this year, the Seawolves have averaged 24 SOG per home game against. The Sioux had 22 last night. However, the only games with lower shots on goal were Tech with 18 and 22, and SCSU with 16. Bucky put up 25 and 37 and SCSU put up 26. Still, if you look at those numbers the Sioux aren't that far off. The only game with a lot of shots against was one against Bucky. The Sioux weren't far off the mark otherwise. Alaska isn't giving up a lot at home.

AA's home record during that stretch is 1-4-2.

AA has put up an average 25 SOG per home game during that stretch. Last night they put up 26.

Both Bucky and Tech put up more shots in the Saturday game than in the Friday game. SCSU put up fewer. AA is 1-1-1 in Saturday contests, they are 0-3-1 on Friday nights.

I think the Sioux have more than 22 SOG to offer, so I like our chances to put up a little more offense tonite. Shyiak said that AA played one of their best games of the season last night. The Sioux weathered that even if they didn't have their best game. If they can amp it up a little tonite, and Eidsness continues to save the ones he should and steal one or 2, then I like our chances for a big sweep.

We shall see.

good obervations. i look at it as you cant be perfect or spot on every night. it just doesnt work that way but was so glad to see the sioux win a game for the first time this season scoring 2 or less goals. gritty win. i can see anoher tough one tonight but im gona go the other way and say they open it up and give up 1 or 2 later on in the game and look for a 4-1 or 4-2 win.

go sioux

Going to the UPC to see UND recruit Cichy vs the Force. Think this game tonight vs. UAA will be higher scoring. I'd love a sweep but something tells me this could end in a tie. None the less 4-3 UND. Trupp (he's gotta get one), Gregoire, Martens (he's due) and Marto.

Here's a little something to pass the time until puck drop. A good friend who played up in Alaska sent it to me. I'm sure there are many on this board who have listened/watched this; but it's just too dang funny to not pass along.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3b_7S-sGBo

thats funny. i prefer this one however. not hockey related. :silly:

Visit My Website

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Lineup notes: No changes for UND. The Seawolves switch up their top two lines quite a bit.

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

19 Evan Trupp--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

9 Mario Lamoureux--22 Brad Malone--10 Andrew Kozek

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

24 Ben Blood--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

UAA's lines

16 Tommy Grant--20 Paul Crowder--40 Brian Bales