SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers are they out of control?

Riverman

i watched the game on tv , i didnt see it all and i also admitted boe was in the wrong for sure and deserved something like drag him out, fight him straight up. theres ways to do it. good for you, now you think the gophers are tough :glare: i have no problem with boe gettig his but not that way taken off a strecher. thats all.

You have such a misconstrued idea of how that all went down...

Everyone who watched on TV has absolutely no idea.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys always talk about protecting your team... Schack beat the living s*#t out of that guy, what else do you want? Sure, it was unfortunate for that dude, but if your guy wouldve done that you wouldn't be complaining.

Schack is a dirty hack. I've thought that since we played them. to paraphrase hextall : he spent more time in the box than on the ice! :glare: If any Sioux player would have done what he did, I would be ashamed. It was cheap. If you want to fight back, fight like a man. Don't take shots at someone already laying on the ice.

And our team is still ranked higher in every meaningful ranking system. So sucking ass again doesn't say much about your team.

It's not really well documented, it's your opinion. Of course Sioux fans are going to think they finish things right.

you want to start being a smart ass gopherz?? do you really want to do that? we lost, sioux played bad. i said that over and over in the thread. i dont run when my team loses lie you did from this bopard when we waxed your boys...... we got beat straight up like we wooped tour asses 3 weeks ago...we dug ourselves a hole in pairwise, no doubt. now we are working on getting out of that hole.

later dude

Schack is a dirty hack. I've thought that since we played them. to paraphrase hextall : he spent more time in the box than on the ice! :glare: If any Sioux player would have done what he did, I would be ashamed. It was cheap. If you want to fight back, fight like a man. Don't take shots at someone already laying on the ice.

He took him down and they both had a chance. Schack proceeded to kick his a$$. The dude was fine at first, then he got pummeled. Fought. Owned.

...not trying to be a dink but Radke was hammering away on Vossberg last year under that scenario...just sayin'....GO SIOUX!

you want to start being a smart ass gopherz?? do you really want to do that? we lost, sioux played bad. i said that over and over in the thread. i dont run when my team loses lie you did from this bopard when we waxed your boys...... we got beat straight up like we wooped tour asses 3 weeks ago...we dug ourselves a hole in pairwise, no doubt. now we are working on getting out of that hole.

later dude

How am I being a smart ass? You're the one saying how much the Gophers sucked. And I never went away after we got smoked, if you read it you'll see that I admitted that we got stomped.

That's what happens when you cheap shot a dude, you get taken off on a stretcher.

Guess that's why lil' tDon didn't want anything to do with Blackout Jones at the REA!

Comments like yours above is why your general fan base is perceieved as a**h****!

Guess that's why lil' tDon didn't want anything to do with Blackout Jones at the REA!

Comments like yours above is why your general fan base is perceieved as a**h****!

Haha it wasn't supposed to come off that bad. But seriously, I don't see how anyone can comment on this like they know what happened unless they were there at the game. It's kind of a joke to do so.

Well said.Rodents won't go face to face with an opponent.It's always from behind then they run and hide.

Haha it wasn't supposed to come off that bad. But seriously, I don't see how anyone can comment on this like they know what happened unless they were there at the game. It's kind of a joke to do so.

There are circumstances that happened that I didn't see during the course of the game, but the clip I saw of Boe getting worked while on the ice face down WITHOUT a helmet is bush league...plain and simple. You defending that action is your right, but it is what it is!

There are circumstances that happened that I didn't see during the course of the game, but the clip I saw of Boe getting worked while on the ice face down WITHOUT a helmet is bush league...plain and simple. You defending that action is your right, but it is what it is!

They didn't show the circumstances, nor did they show anything leading up to the pounding. Their dude was throwing punches too, he had a chance but he got worked.

So when their guy comes at our guy with intent to injure him then he deserves a free pass? Not saying getting hurt is good, but it's not like it was totally uncalled for.

And you know that how? Did Hill tell you? Kind like when Hill ordered puppet Stoa to go after Hextall! We can all day long if you want d-bag!

And you know that how? Did Hill tell you? Kind like when Hill ordered puppet Stoa to go after Hextall! We can all day long if you want d-bag!

Oh no we can't. I'm heading to the gym just in case I see someone slip and fall on the ice this week, then I can jump on them (Gopher style) when they are DEFENSELESS and beat the crap out of them!

Everyone needs to watch the video again. There is no way you can infer intent to injure by Boe on Barribal. Even the Gopher homies state that Barribal turned. That is one of the unfortunate side effects on the effort to crack down on CFB. Players now intentionally turn their back to try to draw the CFB penalty. And there is no way you can infer that is what Barriball did either. I do not have a problem with Shack standing up for his teammate, but with the way in which he did it. He needs to do it face to face. And Shack clearly should have backed off rather than beat Boe's head into the ice.

While we can blame the poor officiating (and they deserve it), the league for failure to take corrective action against players, coaches, and officials (and they deserve it), and the players themselves (and some of them deserve it), there might be the possibility that the fans take some of the blame as well. All you have to do is read the posts about lack of toughness, failure to stand up for or defend your teammate, etc. on blogs as well as the comment section in the Red Star. The players have to read at least some of it and at some point it has to have an effect on them mentally. It could change the way that they respond in the heat of battle, when emotions are high and frustation has set in. Just something to think about here. There is plenty of blame to go around, most of it on players and officials.

It will be interesting to see what happens. In an ideal world, Lucia should step up and take some punitive action. And the WCHA should step up and take punitive action, even if it is the same action Lucia takes. That is far better than the bland "we concur with whatever" announcement. And then the league needs to work to get the officiating where it should be. Since Christmas the WCHA officials have swallowed their whistles and that has degraded the game.

I watched it happen right in front of my eyes. So I can probably comment on the whole situation than a bunch of people who HAVE NO IDEA.

Caused by an attack by the "criminal element" that is the Gophers.

My niece is friends with Boe she grew up with him. I was sad to see the abuse he took while down on the ice. He repeatedly hit in the back of the head and his head slamed into the ice. Was it not the Goofers that said that once someone is down it is over. Come one WCHA officials start acting like you care about the safety of the players.

I guess the only thing I seen was a player down on the ice. The "fight" was over and Schack just kept punching.

He was out of control. All I heard from Woog and Frank was how Schack did the "right thing".

Didn't Schack get the instigator penalty also? :glare:

Their guy also kept punching. You wanted a fight, they both fought each other. It obviously looked way worse on that video and caused everyone to freak out for on reason. Schack shouldn't be punished past tonight...

...Everyone needs to watch the video again. There is no way you can infer intent to injure by Boe on Barribal...

Doesn't matter what his intent was. Didn't matter what Anderson was trying to do to Oshie at the horn before last years melee at Mariucci.

As long as everyone who rips Shack was ripping your guy Radke for pounding on that DU guy with his helmet off it's all good.

Bottom line is that a Gopher finally stood up for himself and a teammate. Now if they could just figure out that defense is a six man effort and things will get better.

Again a bunch of crap. We would have challenged the guy to fight. Not jumped him from behind and started beating on him when he was helpless.

Channing Boe's hit was unfortunate that the guy turned. But while I am all for players sticking up for their teammates, there needs to be a line. And beating someone when they are completely defenseless is not right. Schack should be removed for a number of games if not the season. He is a loser just like the rest of his team. They can't handle getting there asses kicked, so they turn cheapshots and classless acts.

Doesn't matter what his intent was. Didn't matter what Anderson was trying to do to Oshie at the horn before last years melee at Mariucci.

As long as everyone who rips Shack was ripping your guy Radke for pounding on that DU guy with his helmet off it's all good.

Bottom line is that a Gopher finally stood up for himself and a teammate. Now if they could just figure out that defense is a six man effort and things will get better.

Agreed.

Radke dropped his gloves at the same time!! I am sure it is on Youtube. Plus the guy was a foot taller!!

No problem with defending your teammate. However the fight was over!! Schack needs to think about his actions

the next level is not going to put up with his crap! Ask Eric Westrum......