SiouxSports.com Forum

Gophers are they out of control?

Riverman

That said, to the original question, yes I think Minnesota is out of control. I hope the WCHA has the balls to slap a Bertuzzi-like suspension on Schack for his Bertuzzi-like actions last night.

Farce I don't think the League has the balls to dole out the correct punishment.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to answer the question of the thread - NO they arent outa control, its hockey and sh$t happens when emotions are rolling ect but unfortunate results sometimes..im gona bet that not 1 gopher player could stand toe to toe and fight another player straight up without doing something bush league, its not their fault they dont know how to but if you wana be chippy, slap ankles and so forth you better be able to back it up and they dotn know how to.......boe had it coming but not to that extent. did schack aka HACK go overbooard? he sure did and next time if they play them again a mankato player and they have a few tough guys can drop em with him and finish him the right way. i sure hope boe is ok, hes a strong bemidji boy :) like we all are ;) let me guess, tonight barriabll will act tough again :glare:

go mavs, go sioux , go seawolves :D off to the asu basketball game, have to go buy some mini shooters to spice up the sprites :ohmy:

What a bunch of crap. Normally I respect you as a "good gopher fan" but excusing this kind of stuff is just beyond the pale.

Don't consider it an excusal. The Gophers have been soft and let other teams push them around for far too long. The Lucia incident in GF was just another example. He would have been far better to fight and lose vs. not fight at all.

I've seen our guys turtle and resort to face washes and chippiness vs. settling it. If Shack would have held off after the MSU guy was defenseless it would have been a lot better, but you take runs when your up 6-2 you have to be prepared for immediate retaliation.

I'm in agreement with the poster who pointed out all the refs issues. However they are put in bad spots by the league by getting inconsistent messages on how to officiate games.

That's what happens when you cheap shot a dude, you get taken off on a stretcher.

thats a idiotic statement , wow................stupidity at its finest

so when bina was taken off on a stretcher did he cheap shot someone? thats what i thought

I didn't say it was always that, but when he hits our dude with intent to get hurt, that's justified. I never want anyone to get hurt and I wish him well but I don't feel bad about it.

nobody cares if you feel bad that it happen or not. someone got taken off on a stretcher, thats no joke... your team cant hold anyone under 6 goals, worry about that more instead of the wanabee tough guy mentlity they are trying to be when they are so far away from being a team like that its funny. like sagard said the gophers have always been soft and now the lucia pet wants them to act like someone they arent. that wont work at all.

I didn't say it was always that, but when he hits our dude with intent to get hurt, that's justified. I never want anyone to get hurt and I wish him well but I don't feel bad about it.

So the Gophers did the same thing and the official even blew the call. So is he supposed to get his.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the Gophers are what they've always accused us of being.

And another thing, sometimes the CFB's just happen in the flow of the game. (Take when Gennoway got hurt playing Duluth last year). I didn't consider that an intent to injure and from what I can tell from the youtube clip this was pretty much the same thing.

You guys always talk about protecting your team... Schack beat the living s*#t out of that guy, what else do you want? Sure, it was unfortunate for that dude, but if your guy wouldve done that you wouldn't be complaining.

Bull S*** our guy wouldn't have done it like that.

You guys always talk about protecting your team... Schack beat the living s*#t out of that guy, what else do you want? Sure, it was unfortunate for that dude, but if your guy wouldve done that you wouldn't be complaining.

your team is tissue soft and always will be....thats whats funny about it. you act like msu was the only team taking runs and cfb, please. you got waxed and the gophers tried to be tough...gophers = victims :glare:

Again a bunch of crap. We would have challenged the guy to fight. Not jumped him from behind and started beating on him when he was helpless.

Gophers = kicked some ass. I love how everyone's commenting based on that YouTube video that showed hardly any of the important stuff. I was at the game, I saw it all first hand. Many people commented that he had it coming, it was such a dirty hit. And Mankato had been doing it all game.

Mhmm...He would've hid behind the ref and been all talk right?

like lucia did? lucia would have gotten way more respect from his teammates if he would have even fought and got knocked out....instead of turtling like the gophs do so well. even your own fans know you guys are soft man, dont act like schack is some enforcer. gophers = victims :glare:

like lucia did? lucia would have gotten way more respect from his teammates if he would have even fought and got knocked out....instead of turtling like the gophs do so well. even your own fans know you guys are soft man, dont act like schack is some enforcer. gophers = victims :glare:

A few fans admit that? Alright, some Sioux fans will admit your team starts stuff and is thugs, that doesn't mean anything. Dude got owned. End of story.

Gophers = kicked some ass. I love how everyone's commenting based on that YouTube video that showed hardly any of the important stuff. I was at the game, I saw it all first hand. Many people commented that he had it coming, it was such a dirty hit. And Mankato had been doing it all game.

gophers = icked some ass, sweet. did that get you 2 points in the standings :glare: your view of this is hilarious. gophers = victims :ohmy: like i said boe made a bad play and deserved something but schack should have got him up and fought toe to toe, thats all. drag him to mid ice or whatever

gophers = icked some ass, sweet. did that get you 2 points in the standings :glare: your view of this is hilarious. gophers = victims :ohmy: like i said boe made a bad play and deserved something but schack should have got him up and fought toe to toe, thats all. drag him to mid ice or whatever

Your view is hilarious because you didn't even watch it.

A few fans admit that? Alright, some Sioux fans will admit your team starts stuff and is thugs, that doesn't mean anything. Dude got owned. End of story.

and your team sucked ass again, gophers = victims :glare: always right??

please, if you want to start anything vs the sioux at least they will finsih the right way/ its well documented. we dotn act tough when we arent. we are tough because hak recruits a few tougher players with skill.

GO SIOUX, go mavs, go seawolves

and your team sucked ass again, gophers = victims :glare: always right??

please, if you want to start anything vs the sioux at least they will finsih the right way/ its well documented. we dotn act tough when we arent. we are tough because hak recruits a few tougher players with skill.

GO SIOUX, go mavs, go seawolves

And our team is still ranked higher in every meaningful ranking system. So sucking ass again doesn't say much about your team.

It's not really well documented, it's your opinion. Of course Sioux fans are going to think they finish things right.

Your view is hilarious because you didn't even watch it.

i watched the game on tv , i didnt see it all and i also admitted boe was in the wrong for sure and deserved something like drag him out, fight him straight up. theres ways to do it. good for you, now you think the gophers are tough :glare: i have no problem with boe gettig his but not that way taken off a strecher. thats all.