SiouxSports.com Forum

The pairwise problem

burd

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the sioux dont crap the bed in detroit we wouldnt be worrying about much right now so its pretty simple. we lost to two of the worst teams in college hockey. we still have 4 wcha series, playoffs and final 5. also we dug ourselves deep and even out of the pwr for a month or so being 4 games under .500.........we will be fine. take care of mankato this weekend with a sweep

The worst part about that is that it doesn't just count as a zero for the team without enough wins, but it throws the whole category out in the indivdual PWR comparison.

Say a team ends up 4-4 against TUCs and is compared to a team that is 11-7 against TUCs, it doesn't even factor in.

I think BC is coming to the Ralph next year...

Do you think that the reasoning behind the adjustments was due to the dominance of a handful of teams residing in Hockey East, the WCHA and the CCHA? I could see some idiotic reasoning that it is good for the game to have more teams than the usual suspects having NCAA runs. Imagine UND finishing on a roll, losing the F5 championship game to UMD, being ranked say 7-9 and not making the NCAAs due to a loss the first weekend of October, and two 1 goal losses in a tournament? It would be a travesty.

Maybe this is slightly off-topic, but...

I don't think BC is coming to the Ralph next year as of... yesterday. I saw the 09-10 schedule (tentative). We have the Thanksgiving tourney and then we're going to Florida for the Notre Dame tourney. I'm not sure about other non-conference outside of Cornell. The schedule wasn't complete yet as there was still some non-conference openings and I didn't memorize the entire schedule as I only got a peak.

I thought I remember that part of the deal with us going to Chestnut Hill last year was that BC agreed to come to Gf in 2009. I have been wrong before though.

Isn't there usually a 2 year gap between those kinds of deals? If this is what they did, BC would be in GF in 2010.

I thought I remember that part of the deal with us going to Chestnut Hill last year was that BC agreed to come to Gf in 2009. I have been wrong before though.

I thought us going out to chestnut hill last year and in 2004-2005 was the return for them coming up here in 2003-2004? I believe. northeastern was part of that agreement for them coming up here in 2005-2006.

i believe us to BC last season was the book end of when they came to grand forks a few years back

I thought us going out to chestnut hill last year and in 2004-2005 was the return for them coming up here in 2003-2004? I believe. northeastern was part of that agreement for them coming up here in 2005-2006.

That's correct:

2003-2004: BC at REA for 2

2004-2005: UND at BC & NE

2005-2006: NE at REA for 2

2007-2008: UND at BC & NE

The worst part about that is that it doesn't just count as a zero for the team without enough wins, but it throws the whole category out in the indivdual PWR comparison.

Say a team ends up 4-4 against TUCs and is compared to a team that is 11-7 against TUCsf , it doesn't even factor in.

So a possible double whammy;(

So a possible double whammy;(

that's why we need to keep winning to raise our RPI because there are a few of teams out there that will probably not get to 10 TUC games and therefore only two catagories will likely come into play-RPI and Common opponents and as long as we win the RPI battle we'll win the comparison-princeton,yale and cornell are three where this will come into play. rpi itself will flip minn, wisc,duluth,bc,nh, and osu.

I don't think BC is coming to the Ralph next year as of... yesterday. I saw the 09-10 schedule (tentative). We have the Thanksgiving tourney and then we're going to Florida for the Notre Dame tourney. I'm not sure about other non-conference outside of Cornell. The schedule wasn't complete yet as there was still some non-conference openings and I didn't memorize the entire schedule as I only got a peak.

Who you u like us to take on that we don't usually get a crack @

Who you u like us to take on that we don't usually get a crack @

Michigan,clarkson,st. lawrence, BU(I thought I read in a herald article earlier this season Brad mentioned something about them coming to the ralph in the next few years). also don't we have a return trip to quinnipiac coming up as they came out here a couple of years ago?

if the sioux continue their play like they have since december they will be in a very nice spot come tourney time. take care of msu first then move onto the next tough series!!

Agreed. Win each game one at a time and let the PWR take care of itself. 'Kato first, then Anchorage, CC, and Bucky. 12 points from those 8 games gets home ice for sure, 14 points will win the McNaughton and jump us over the play-in.

One game at a time, each game for all the marbles. Sixty minutes (or 64:59 if that's what it takes!).

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Is the Notre Dame tourney the one they hold over the Christmas break near Ft. Meyer?