SiouxSports.com Forum

The pairwise problem

burd

The draft of the schedule I saw said it was in Florida. But... keep in mind I didn't get a very long look at the schedule and could be wrong.

There is a Florida College Classic Christmas tourney at Estero, FL (appears that is Fort Meyers). St. Cloud was in it this year, I don't think there is any one team that is there every year.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The draft of the schedule I saw said it was in Florida. But... keep in mind I didn't get a very long look at the schedule and could be wrong.

That's what I was thinking too. That was the tourney that SCSU played in this year (DEc.27-28). I emailed the person in charge of the tourney down there and asked him what the dates were and who was playing for 2009. If I get an answer I'll post it here. It's held in Estero, FL which is close to Ft. Myers. If so.... I'll be wearing a Sioux hockey jersey on the beach next Dec.!

The Florida College Hockey Classic is a college Division I men's ice hockey tournament played annually around New Years at the Germain Arena in Estero, Florida, .

I live about 5 minutes from the Germain Arena where they play this tourney. I have been to it for the last 5 years, Cornell & Maine are in it every year. Some other teams that have been in it since I have been here are Boston College, Northeastern, Ohio State, Notre Dame, St Cloud St (twice), UM Duluth, W Michigan. It is a really good tourney every year. Would love to see the Sioux in it one year but doubt that will happen.

That's what I was thinking too. That was the tourney that SCSU played in this year (DEc.27-28). I emailed the person in charge of the tourney down there and asked him what the dates were and who was playing for 2009. If I get an answer I'll post it here. It's held in Estero, FL which is close to Ft. Myers. If so.... I'll be wearing a Sioux hockey jersey on the beach next Dec.!

The Florida College Hockey Classic is a college Division I men's ice hockey tournament played annually around New Years at the Germain Arena in Estero, Florida, .

The dates I saw were for Jan 1-2 if I recall.

I live about 5 minutes from the Germain Arena where they play this tourney. I have been to it for the last 5 years, Cornell & Maine are in it every year. Some other teams that have been in it since I have been here are Boston College, Northeastern, Ohio State, Notre Dame, St Cloud St (twice), UM Duluth, W Michigan. It is a really good tourney every year. Would love to see the Sioux in it one year but doubt that will happen.

Sounds like we have a place to tail gate before the games :angry: Sunshine and the Sioux in the winter sounds good to me!

I think that was the one that was going to be in Tampa but it got moved to the Chicago area this year.

I know RWD's went to that tourney this season. It was the Shillelagh Tournament at Hoffman Estates, IL...

Here is the info regarding the 2009 College Classic in Florida ( I just got an email from the person in charge of it for this next year.)

Dates:

Tuesday, 12/29

Wednesday, 12/30

Participants:

Cornell University

University of Maine

Colorado College

Princeton University

Here is the info regarding the 2009 College Classic in Florida ( I just got an email from the person in charge of it for this next year.)

Dates:

Tuesday, 12/29

Wednesday, 12/30

Participants:

Cornell University

University of Maine

Colorado College

Princeton University

So UND must be in the one near Chicago then.