SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

Can someone fill me in on why Jones was so mad as well as why he lined up in the forward spot on the faceoff? I got the impression he wanted to fight that Gopher player....but why? Was it because of the hit on Trupp?

I looked at it again from the FSN feed, and it's tough to tell, Trupp checks Lucia into the near boards first, but then the play goes to the other end of the ice, and the cameras are off the two of them. But if I had to guess, Trupp was almost acting as if he caught a shot to the jewels...but who knows, you need the opposite camera angle to really tell...maybe it will come out in the news.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at it again from the FSN feed, and it's tough to tell, Trupp checks Lucia into the near boards first, but then the play goes to the other end of the ice, and the cameras are off the two of them. But if I had to guess, Trupp was almost acting as if he caught a shot to the jewels...but who knows, you need the opposite camera angle to really tell...maybe it will come out in the news.

That's the exact same impression I got from watching it live...shot to the jewels. I have to believe that something dirty happened because I know that Jones can snap from time to time but I don't see him doing it for no reason. I also don't see him dropping the gloves and taking off his helmet if he hadn't had words with Lucia before hand (i.e. "We gonna go or what?"). Who knows though, pure speculation on my part.

That's the exact same impression I got from watching it live...shot to the jewels. I have to believe that something dirty happened because I know that Jones can snap from time to time but I don't see him doing it for no reason. I also don't see him dropping the gloves and taking off his helmet if he hadn't had words with Lucia before hand (i.e. "We gonna go or what?"). Who knows though, pure speculation on my part.

That's pretty much exactly how I was thinking.

Was at the game Saturday . It was great to see the Goofs get their asses kicked. Frank M and Doug W. are assh...,. They were both at a certain motel in GF.Has no respect for any Sioux fans. Had tooooooooooooooo

much toooooooooo drink in GF and did not have the scrotum to admit they were an idiots. I did not have too mucjh to drink tonight , but he has less hair than I do and is an idiot.

Well what a weekend for fighting sioux hockey. I can't remember a time where they played with more grit and determination than this weekend. They won all the battles for loose pucks and completely outplayed the goof troop both nights. One guy that I thought would have to be the difference this weekend was Brad Eidsness. However, he wasn't a factor whatsoever in the series and just gave them the good goaltending that they needed to get the job done. Hopefully this is a momentum builder for him.

The coaching move of the weekend though goes to Hakstol and his assistants. I loved the move having all experienced d-men play in the series(Miller-Jones Finley-Genoway LaPoint-Marto). I really think that those six defensemen that saw time limited mistakes and played very stellar defensive hockey. Blood and Fienhage are learning on the go, but this was a big weekend for the Sioux, and they needed the experience on the blue line for sure.

Huge series now at Tech. It can't be two steps forward, two steps back.

go home with your gopher tails between your legs. you got beat on the scoreboard and all over the friken ice.....beatdown, not even a contest. game over, good bye.........what a trip to grand forks and what a azzzzzzzzzz whooping it was. go sioux, hell yeah

Everytime the Sioux play the Gophers, I lose more respect for the Gopher hockey team and their "fans". How in the world can gopher fans be running their mouths, on the road, after watching their favorite squad get dismantled by their number 1 rival? Well, they did. Many of the gopher fans I met were classless jerks who really didn't know that much about the game of hockey. Folks from the cities and also the FSN and KFAN broadcast crews said some really nasty things about our town, our state, our team, our school, etc. I am really really glad to be a GF and a ND resident. I love what we have going here and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

GO SIOUX!

WHAT A SWEEP BABY!!!!!!

Everytime the Sioux play the Gophers, I lose more respect for the Gopher hockey team and their "fans". How in the world can gopher fans be running their mouths, on the road, after watching their favorite squad get dismantled by their number 1 rival? Well, they did. Many of the gopher fans I met were classless jerks who really didn't know that much about the game of hockey. Folks from the cities and also the FSN and KFAN broadcast crews said some really nasty things about our town, our state, our team, our school, etc. I am really really glad to be a GF and a ND resident. I love what we have going here and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

GO SIOUX!

WHAT A SWEEP BABY!!!!!!

there are always classless jerks both ways but what a beat down we put on the rodents this weekend. every part of the game of hockey they dominated. best 2 games ive seen from the sioux in years. lucia is lucky jones didnt get ahold of him. hope scsu puts 6 more on kangas..............hes a hell of a goalie and was great off tHe bat friday but things caught up to hiM saturday and he was finished. great weekend sioux. follow it up and keep the 4-0 streak after new years rolling.............GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After last weekend I didn't see this coming ... GO SIOUX!!

I did. I said before the weekend that I had watched the Gophers play a lot this season. Copy rigth FSN. I was not impressed with the Gophers and I am still not impressed with the Gophers. Our team is making progress in leaps and bounds. The freshman and sophomore players are taking over.

The guy sitting next to me said Trupp got speared.

GO SIOUX!

WHAT A SWEEP BABY!!!!!!

How about Coach Hills remarks on FSN? All he did was add fuel to the fire with saying there is no sportsmanship in this series.

If anything I think the Sioux were the cleaner of the two programs this past weekend. The gophers and their stick work was

disgusting. Also, Ryan Flynn is a hack and I have become bored with his antics this weekend.

I loved how Barriball was acting like he really wanted a piece of Hextall while the linesmen were seperating them. Then in the box when Hextall was likely explaining how he was going to dismember him when they got one of the box Barriball looked like a third grader that just was informed that the 5th grade bully was waiting for him after school.

I hope that someone brought him a pair of fresh breezers to change into.

I loved how Barriball was acting like he really wanted a piece of Hextall while the linesmen were seperating them. Then in the box when Hextall was likely explaining how he was going to dismember him when they got one of the box Barriball looked like a third grader that just was informed that the 5th grade bully was waiting for him after school.

If they didn't then he's on his own. Overall it was a outstanding week for me at least. THE FIGHTING SIOUX SWEEP THOSE POOR EXCUSE OF ANYTHING CALL THE GOPHERS. That was the Number one outstanding feat number two THE GATORNATION. We top those Sooners from OK thus winning the 2008 National Championship. So in closing WHAT A WEEK & it doesn't get any better than this. GO SIOUX.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

I like how Sherhurd came into the box to settle everyone down. I thought that was funny.

I hope these two teams play in the Final Five.

I like how Sherhurd came into the box to settle everyone down. I thought that was funny.

I hope these two teams play in the Final Five.

I hope they play in the Final Five too, but if the goofs keep playing this way they will be hard pressed to make it. Mainly because they just might be visiting the Ralph again as a traveling team. THAT would be SWEET. :D