SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TH laughs and says they will be looking to knock around ness this weekend. love the honesty. ill add ness to the other 17 skaters. woog then says thats sioux hockey and the sioux like to get that puck in corner and go like HELL after the gophers to create turnovers.

Hennessey didn't sound too friendly...a little pissed off maybe...Woog was his ususal confused self...

UW is the better rival overall, but nothing beats UM-UND hockey imho.

This series seems like it's been a long time coming. The December break is almost worse than the summer break.

Go Gophers!!

:sad:

Sorry dude...Coach Lucia and the unbalanced schedule say that St. Clown is our rival...should be some good games anyway; go Sioux!

We need a "tough" weekend from our blueliners. Moving Miller back to D (hinted at by Hak on Wed) does not do the trick.

Too bad Blood and Fienhage haven't played more this year. They would make sure Eidsness doesn't get abused by Hoeffel, Carman, Flynn, Stoa, etc.

I don't think moving Miller back to Defense is an issue?........we gave up 6 goals last weekend in 2 games against Bemidji with Miller as a forward and 14 goals in the previous 7 games with Miller as a Defenseman?.....regardless, the goal is keeping the puck out of our own net?

The only real flip flopping of players that has been done seems to be this past weekend for WJT. Schack got some playing time that he usually doesn't see, but like the other poster said it wouldn't surprise me to see him out on a little smaller sheet of ice against a more physical team.

There's usually a change between lines it seems like, but players stay pretty similar.

I can almost guarantee that the first line will be Stoa/Schroeder/Barriball, but from there its a crap shoot. 2nd line is usually some combination of Hoeffel/Lucia/Flynn/White/Carman, but who knows.

Guessing the first D line will be Fischer and Ness again, 2nd one Anderson and Fairchild, 3rd one Wehrs and Loftquist.

Also I think the small ice fits the Gophers style well, especially guys like Ness, Fairchild, Schroeder, etc....guys that can really pass the puck quick and accurately. Going to be a great series.

(Oh, and Kangas will give up 2 each night, mark it down)

Maybe per period average? Just kidding. He was grat the first period, but the law of averages got to him. Quite a difference in shots. I wonder what's going to transpire tomorrow. Same thing I hope (for the Sioux)

I loved it when they put in patterson...who the hell is patterson! haahahahahahahahaa

He's a freshman goaltender who really did well in the USHL. IIRC, he's even drafted.

With Kangas a surefire early departure, it's nice to have a good backup.

In my predictions, I think the Sioux will smoke the Gophers on Friday and knock out Fischer. They'll also make Stoa a doubtful addition to Saturday's game. :huh:

Predictions are ALWAYS easier the following day. :angry:

This weekend's series pretty much means we will see one of the following combinations: Derek Shepherd, Donn Adam and or Marco Hunt. Daddy Shep will be at the REA as well. So I think the Sioux and the Gophers should give them something to talk about by having a rough and tumble series.

Wow I guess I was pretty accurate on that call. :D

Congrats on a big time sweep this weekend. Hard to believe the Gophers could not show up for a series like this. The Sioux absolutely DOMINATED every aspect of the games this weekend.

Well at least the bars were still a great time! :D

Thanks FHG. Hope you enjoyed your weekend in Grand Forks.

Congrats on a big time sweep this weekend. Hard to believe the Gophers could not show up for a series like this. The Sioux absolutely DOMINATED every aspect of the games this weekend.

Well at least the bars were still a great time! :D

I hope we see you in St Paul, I have a beer with your name on it. :angry: