SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

Tim Hennessey will be there for much of the first hour in terms of the PA Show ... Woog and Gorg will also be on, though I'm guessing Gorg will focus on the Wild more than this series.

cool on TH and woog. maybe gorg will tell everyone about his goalie days at burnsville or wherever he played. you would be better than that guy cardinal :D

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SIOUX/GOPHERS GAME NOTES

The All-Time Series: UND trails the all-time series 130-122-12 but owns a 64-53-7 edge in games played in Grand Forks.

Last season the Sioux went 2-1-1 against the Gophers, splitting a home series in December and claiming an overtime win and a tie in Minneapolis in February.

Four of the last six meetings between the two teams have gone into overtime, including the 2007 WCHA Final Five championship and 2007 NCAA West Region championship.

GOPHERSPORTS PREVIEW

Familiar Foes

Minnesota and North Dakota meet this weekend for the 272nd and 273rd times, which marks the most-played rivalry in college hockey. Michigan and Michigan State have played 270 times, while Colorado College and Denver have met 269 times. The Gophers have participated in the next three most-played rivalries, playing Michigan 258 times, Michigan Tech 254 times and Wisconsin 247 times.

Thats funny, I read an article of yours somewhere predicting that we get a win and a tie this weekend.

In case anyone has noticed Kvasager is Dean he just signed up under a new name.

I also suspect he is the guy that runs the college hockey blog as well. He follows my ever move under various names and monikers.

Me too...it's the crap that the Gopher teams have been notorious for over the years like the after the whistle crosscheck, slash, facewash, etc. cuz I know the play is dead and the linesmen will be here in a second to protect me while I talk smack over his shoulder that Sioux fans don't care for...especially when it's not backed up.

What?!? :D

:D

Kind of glad the weather topic came up. How quickly do they close down freeways up there....if at all? We're staying in Fargo Thursday night so should hopefully beat it before it hits too bad. Just worried about the drive from Fargo to GF Friday. I've heard people say they close down freeways if the wind really starts howling from drifting snow.

Thanks! :sad:

They close the gates when the underpasses are plugged and the plows aren't out. With all the loose snow, this will happen in any storm for the rest of the winter. Should be good to go until maybe later Friday.