SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

Lucia picked him up and dropped him. I wouldn't call that a pummeling. In fact, I think Zajac was getting up when they were seperated. I don't like Tony Lucia's chances had that happened.

Yeah I didn't either. I would have called the fight a draw.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if anybody drops the gloves, it will be Malone. Nice to see he was the first man to hit Peluso after the crap he pulled on Sat night.

I am thinking Malone might be tough I saw him out in the public one time and he is big kid.

Not quite as impossing as Matt Greene or Finley but I think he could be a force to be reconded with.

Ahh yes. Gopher tough guy hockey returns to the Ralph!

Lots of "half-assed" crosschecks and slashes after the whistle, a few face rubs and my favorite the trash talking over the shoulder of the linesman!

Fantastic stuff!

Seems to me like the boys in green got knocked around all weekend last time the Gophers came to Grand Forks. Gave me a lot of false hope about last year.

The Gophers have some size and some crazy up front this year. I'm thinking the fight is going to be in the Sioux end this time around. If it's light weights I'm guessing Carmen, if it's the big boys Flynn will the guy.

Let's just hope it's not a Barribal/Duncan tilt. :D

I wouldn't have even called it a fight. :D

not a fight and you can consider that the only soso fight the gophers have ever had since mcmahon vs vanelli. they dont fight, they are instructed not to fight and its very obvious when last year gordon was missionary style on the ice getting pummled by a DU player and he still got suspended for a game :D man i cant wait for these games. will be a fun weekend. the thing that botrhers me is when teams start spearing or chipping with sticks, face washing over and over and wrestling and then wont drop em when the time is right. go sioux, this is gona be a hell of a series

Seems to me like the boys in green got knocked around all weekend last time the Gophers came to Grand Forks. Gave me a lot of false hope about last year.

The Gophers have some size and some crazy up front this year. I'm thinking the fight is going to be in the Sioux end this time around. If it's light weights I'm guessing Carmen, if it's the big boys Flynn will the guy.

Let's just hope it's not a Barribal/Duncan tilt. :D

:D would be epic

would look like THIS :D

the thing that bothers me is when teams start spearing or chipping with sticks, face washing over and over and wrestling and then wont drop em when the time is right. go sioux, this is gona be a hell of a series

That stuff upsets me because they know if they did it in Jr's or the AHL/NHL they could get creamed for it.

That is why I don't like the DQ rule in college hockey, I think its the reason there is so much stick work in the NCAA. If some of these guys had to stand up for their actions they would be less chippy and mouthy. Anyone notice when Jeff "After the Whistle" Taffe got to the NHL/AHL he didn't do as much hitting

after the whistle and mouthing off? Because it wasn't college anymore and every team had a guy with cement hand that could pound him

into oblivion.

That stuff upsets me because they know if they did it in Jr's or the AHL/NHL they could get creamed for it.

That is why I don't like the DQ rule in college hockey, I think its the reason there is so much stick work in the NCAA. If some of these guys had to stand up for their actions they would be less chippy and mouthy. Anyone notice when Jeff "After the Whistle" Taffe got to the NHL/AHL he didn't do as much hitting

after the whistle and mouthing off? Because it wasn't college anymore and every team had a guy with cement hand that could pound him

into oblivion.

i dont mind the DQ in college hockey at all...but.......if they wana go then its go time and both need to drop gloves and helmets. so many players all over get chippy and loose with their sticks because of the full face masks. thats why i like if need be and the right time presents himself that sioux players are good to go and handle their own business. go sioux

SIOUX SWEEP

i dont mind the DQ in college hockey at all...but.......if they wana go then its go time and both need to drop gloves and helmets. so many players all over get chippy and loose with their sticks because of the full face masks. thats why i like if need be and the right time presents himself that sioux players are good to go and handle their own business. go sioux

SIOUX SWEEP

I think a player almost has to pick their spots and take the use it wisely approach. I hope the guys stay away from the extra b.s. unless THEY have to drop the mitts to prove a point. This season so far the Sioux stayed out of the box more than other seasons.

I don't know if anyone has been following but for those of you traveling to the games this weekend it looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Grand Forks is in a winter storm watch Thursday night into Friday afternoon. Apparently more heavy snow could be headed this way. Just aheads up for anyone traveling. Hope to see you there.

I don't know if anyone has been following but for those of you traveling to the games this weekend it looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Grand Forks is in a winter storm watch Thursday night into Friday afternoon. Apparently more heavy snow could be headed this way. Just aheads up for anyone traveling. Hope to see you there.

Drove up from Fargo last Sat. for the game. Roads, themselves, were good up and back, but lots of blowing and drifting. And could GF county or the powers that be get a f-n plow out on I-29!! Basically was one lane traffic in and out of GF for 15+ miles because drifting was so bad.

Sounds like weather going to be close to the same as last Sat. Drive smart and you'll be ok. I know we are coming regardless.

Kind of glad the weather topic came up. How quickly do they close down freeways up there....if at all? We're staying in Fargo Thursday night so should hopefully beat it before it hits too bad. Just worried about the drive from Fargo to GF Friday. I've heard people say they close down freeways if the wind really starts howling from drifting snow.

Thanks! :D

Kind of glad the weather topic came up. How quickly do they close down freeways up there....if at all? We're staying in Fargo Thursday night so should hopefully beat it before it hits too bad. Just worried about the drive from Fargo to GF Friday. I've heard people say they close down freeways if the wind really starts howling from drifting snow.

Thanks! :D

it has to be pretty nasty for them to shut down the interstates... but that being said, i-29 from fargo to gf seems to be closed once or twice a winter.

What's it say about Sioux hockey when the near majority of posts in this thread are about fights? In Minnesota, we like hockey more than boxing.

I want a physical series, but I'm more interested in seeing back and forth action with CLEAN hits, crisp passes, speed and one timers.

What's it say about Sioux hockey when the near majority of posts in this thread are about fights? In Minnesota, we like hockey more than boxing.

I want a physical series, but I'm more interested in seeing back and forth action with CLEAN hits, crisp passes, speed and one timers.

What's it say about Gopher hockey when all the Gopher fans are always posting on the Sioux forums? If you don't like what we have to say, you do have your own forums (GPL) to go and talk amongst yourselves. :D

it has to be pretty nasty for them to shut down the interstates... but that being said, i-29 from fargo to gf seems to be closed once or twice a winter.

It's already been closed once this winter.... actually it was closed from Brookings, SD to the Canadian boarder. I wanna say this is the fourth straight weekend in a row with a winter storm watch/warning

Have you seen us play this year? :D

Not yet, just followed a couple games on these boards. It's sounded ugly, but I refuse to believe a Sioux team lacks talent until I see it for myself. Maybe it's true though. The Gophers sure lacked their normal puck skills the last couple of seasons.