SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

Looks like a good week for me with your foolish first picks on Friday and Saturday :D

Especially since the Sioux apparently aren't even good enough where you can spell "University" right :D

oh well, just like i mopped you first round 6-3............plenty more where that came from :D

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like dancing around that one. Sounds like they are going to be without their starting goalie. Yikes.

Motzko (head cold) wasn't on the ice for practice on Monday at the National Hockey Center. He stood in the bench area for a few minutes, leaving through the final fall semester grades for his players, though, and the results made him feel better. Everyone remained eligible for the spring semester, including junior goalie Jase Weslosky, who had been suspended because of academic issues for two games on SCSU's recent trip to the Florida College Classic. Motzko said Weslosky had "got himself in hot water" but was able to recover.

If I were Motzko, I would bench him anyway for a few more games to prove a point. He could have really let the team down if he would have been ineligible for the 2nd half.

And really, how hard is it to keep a C average, especially with all the tutors and help available to student athletes...

If I were Motzko, I would bench him anyway for a few more games to prove a point. He could have really let the team down if he would have been ineligible for the 2nd half.

And really, how hard is it to keep a C average, especially with all the tutors and help available to student athletes...

You also do not mention that this isn't the first semester he's run into academic issues...

I added them a ton of times and got something different every time, guess I'm a little off my rocker right now.

What I got for this week was:

AZSIOUX 8

gopherz 5

Standings:

AZSIOUX 14

gopherz 8

Congrats on the week AZ (and check if I totaled them wrong)!

I added them a ton of times and got something different every time, guess I'm a little off my rocker right now.

AZSIOUX 8

gopherz 5

Standings:

AZSIOUX 14

gopherz 8

looks good to me. ill be making my picks this week soon. 4 wcha match ups total

AZSIOUX 8

gopherz 5

Standings:

AZSIOUX 14

gopherz 8

AZSIOUX picks for the week

North Dakota at Michigan Tech

Alaska-Anchorage at Minnesota State

St. Cloud State at Minnesota

Colorado College at Wisconsin

Minnesota at St. Cloud State

Colorado College at Wisconsin

North Dakota at Michigan Tech

Alaska-Anchorage at Minnesota State

I'd like to be the first to congratulate and welcome Bemidji State to the WCHA!
TH was saying on the radio (I think in the pregame to the BSU tilt at the REA) that BSU requires a 8 of 10 "yes" votes to get into the league and he categorically stated that they do not have the votes. Take it for what it is worth.

If that's the case, then I want to be the first to contrulage and welcome the soon to be formed Big Ten Hockey Conference!

HA...why do you say that? You think they went through all of this just to deny Bemidji State? Yeah, we'll end the moratorium, Bemidji State has the new arena coming, the CHA is likely done, etc., but once Bemidji applies we're going to deny them!

They may not have the votes now, but you really think that once that building gets built that they won't be joining the WCHA? And once that does happen, you really think a Big 10 conference will start up? I don't buy it. I think Bemidji State and possibly 1 other team will join and form a 12 team WCHA.

I'm sure this has been covered, but what are the pros and cons of having Bemidji in the WCHA.

Pro's: Keeps a solid D1 hockey program from folding Without a conference, BSU will fold their program in a couple of years. BSU will build a good, competitive program and should create some good rivalries in the region. Plus, there's a hard-fought arena that will finally be built this Spring.

Con's: Depending on the number of teams accepted, it will cause some scheduling rifts.

what is UND's position on this, I've never heard if they are for or against. BSU may not have the votes now but there will be three months for them to get them. I'm willing to bet one of the big dogs in the conference steps up and helps them get in. On a side note has there ever been any talks of say alabama-huntsville joining say the CCHA?

what is UND's position on this, I've never heard if they are for or against. BSU may not have the votes now but there will be three months for them to get them. I'm willing to bet one of the big dogs in the conference steps up and helps them get in. On a side note has there ever been any talks of say alabama-huntsville joining say the CCHA?

Hak has been very vocal of his support. I think UND should be the team to open this arena vs BSU - they've been very supportive with the home-and-home.

Hak has been very vocal of his support. I think UND should be the team to open this arena vs BSU - they've been very supportive with the home-and-home.

I think that is the talk since UND has scheduled BSU almost every year since they went division one.

I have talked to a few people that are close to BSU Hockey and that seems to be the prevailing logic.

Either that or UMD or SCSU.

I have heard someone suggest that Minnesota be the team to open the arena but there are a lot of people

that have said no way you won't come to the glas except once you're not going to be the team to open the new arena.