SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I have to admit I am with Big A. I thought you might be a woman too.

Now that we got that all worked out. ;) Still wouldn't walk across the street to

watch a basketbrawl game. ;)

a brawl at a basketball game? THAT might be worth seeing.

You so much as bump a guy, you get fouled.

Basketball is a game for tall pansies.

a brawl at a basketball game? THAT might be worth seeing.

You so much as bump a guy, you get fouled.

Basketball is a game for tall pansies.

If I needed to sleep all I would have to do is put a Baskeball game on and I would be out.

Friday

Denver at Wisconsin

North Dakota at Alaska-Anchorage

Minnesota-Duluth at Michigan Tech

Minnesota at Colorado College

Saturday

Denver at Wisconsin

4 sweeps this weekend, I know it's not likely but we'll see how it goes:

DU @ Wisconsin - The BADgers are in desperation mode and will be tough to beat at home. DU just hasn't proved a whole lot to me lately, and Connelly has shown that he can steal a game or two (see: Minnesota series). BADgers eek out a win on Friday, and ROLL Saturday.

UND @ AA - AA is not good, not good at all. Taking 3 points from them this weekend was embarrassing, the goals they scored were nothing to call home about. Sioux continue to roll (that hurts to say) and take care of AA EASILY both nights, allowing only 2 goals on the weekend and scoring upwards of 6 or 7

UMD @ Tech - I'll never predict Tech to beat or tie anyone, so that's how it's going to have to happen.

finally...

Minnesota @ CC - This is the week KANGAS gets back on track. Although he let in some horrible goals this weekend, at least he didn't give up 6+ per night, which should have helped his confidence a little bit you'd think. I'm putting CC in self-destruct mode and the Gophers in desperation mode. I see 2 BIG wins for us this weekend, Kangas allowing no more than 2 goals per game and Schroeder having another huge weekend.

gopherz- Your predictions are ok, but I'm not going to buy into the UMN/CC tilt.

It will NOT be a sweep. CC will take at least one of the games. They did play pretty well against DU and UMN's defense barely escaped UAA.

CC has to be the biggest underachiever this year and, thus, one of the top disappointments in college hockey. However, UMN's slide is astounding. It's to the point where, if things don't improve and Kangas has the "right" temperment, Kangas might bolt out of frustration more than anything.

In any case, UMN will eke out 2 points next weekend. I'm willing to bet that it goes similar to this weekend. CC takes Friday and UMN takes Saturday... but this time UMN wins in OT. For a wild hare, I'll say the GWG in OT comes after some CC player makes an absolutely idiotic play on a Gopher and gets called for a penalty. The Gophers bury the PP chance and that's it.

gopherz- Your predictions are ok, but I'm not going to buy into the UMN/CC tilt.

It will NOT be a sweep. CC will take at least one of the games. They did play pretty well against DU and UMN's defense barely escaped UAA.

CC has to be the biggest underachiever this year and, thus, one of the top disappointments in college hockey. However, UMN's slide is astounding. It's to the point where, if things don't improve and Kangas has the "right" temperment, Kangas might bolt out of frustration more than anything.

In any case, UMN will eke out 2 points next weekend. I'm willing to bet that it goes similar to this weekend. CC takes Friday and UMN takes Saturday... but this time UMN wins in OT. For a wild hare, I'll say the GWG in OT comes after some CC player makes an absolutely idiotic play on a Gopher and gets called for a penalty. The Gophers bury the PP chance and that's it.

Our defense barely escaped AA? I thought our defense played decent actually, did you watch? AA's goals were weakkkk. That being said, if Kangas steps it up back to early season form, I see no reason that we wouldn't sweep CC. CC has been a huge disappointment all season, whereas we have just been bad as of late, but still show occasional bursts of being great.

No, I didn't watch the games. I don't think they were televised were they? Oh well.

In any case, I thought UAA played the Gophers pretty good on Friday, did they not? Weak goals or not, it's what happened.

CC played DU pretty well as well and DU is a better team than UMN (even though DU has twice the hacks UMN does).

I really don't think UMN will sweep.

No, I didn't watch the games. I don't think they were televised were they? Oh well.

In any case, I thought UAA played the Gophers pretty good on Friday, did they not? Weak goals or not, it's what happened.

CC played DU pretty well as well and DU is a better team than UMN (even though DU has twice the hacks UMN does).

I really don't think UMN will sweep.

Every single Gopher game is televised.

They played us okay on Friday, but they play a lot of teams decent one night and tend to pull off a tie or win.

I don't doubt they played DU well, but I think these games mean so much more to us that we just won't lose. Agree to disagree, and we'll see.

Every single Gopher game is televised.

They played us okay on Friday, but they play a lot of teams decent one night and tend to pull off a tie or win.

I don't doubt they played DU well, but I think these games mean so much more to us that we just won't lose. Agree to disagree, and we'll see.

I thought UAA wouldn't get a point this weekend against UMN and they did.

Maybe it is because they sold UAA short for a game.

Sounds like you're selling CC short. I hope UMN doesn't do the same.

I thought UAA wouldn't get a point this weekend against UMN and they did.

Maybe it is because they sold UAA short for a game.

Sounds like you're selling CC short. I hope UMN doesn't do the same.

I'm not selling CC short as much as I am thinking how desperate our team is for a sweep.

standings as of this week - we can do the wcha playoffs and just pick the series winners and get a point for picking series winner and get bonus point for predicting in correct amount of games - then final 5 as well game by game

AZSIOUX 31

gopherz 25

AZSIOUX

Friday

Denver at Wisconsin

Saturday

Denver at Wisconsin

gopherz

Friday

Denver at Wisconsin

Saturday

Denver at Wisconsin

Why the league won't suspend anyone anyways. :silly:

Missed this comment.

Part of me wonders what WOULD happen if a UND player that doesn't have a "rep" (so in other words, no current Sioux player who has received a 10 minute misconduct or a fighting major or are listed here: Hextall, Zajac, Jones, Malone, Lamoreaux) did pull something like what Irwin did. Would the Sioux player get the same punishment Irwin received (aka, nothing)?

2 weeks left plus wcha playoffs - no final 5 as we wont know matchups that far ahead with the tourney situation

wcha playoffs you will get 1 point for picking series winner and 1 bonus point for pickng the correct number of games that team wins it in

this week

AZSIOUX 7

gopherz 3

TOTAL AS OF NOW

AZSIOUX 38

gopherz 28

2 weeks left plus wcha playoffs - no final 5 as we wont know matchups that far ahead with the tourney situation

wcha playoffs you will get 1 point for picking series winner and 1 bonus point for pickng the correct number of games that team wins it in

this week

AZSIOUX 7

gopherz 3

TOTAL AS OF NOW

AZSIOUX 38

gopherz 28

This one is over...AZSioux might as well claim the belt....

Dylan_wrestling_belt1.jpg