SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has not been a good weekend for the wcha as msum just lost to princeton 5-2. Add that to our failures, scsu in florida and wisconsin technically not getting 2 w's in their own tourney

Unfortunately the WCHA has pretty much proved itself out of conference this year. There are going to be lots of teams in St. Paul this year needing to win the league championship to make the field.

Unfortunately the WCHA has pretty much proved itself out of conference this year. There are going to be lots of teams in St. Paul this year needing to win the league championship to make the field.

Now we have to hope that Minnesota does good in it's annual Dodge Holiday Tourney.

wow is the wcha sucking on nc. msum lost again last night to yale. they must have watched the und dvd "how to perform in holiday games" but on the bright side goon's favorite whipping boy this year, air force lost. last year it was miami and next year it might be sacred heart :sad:

UMN freshman forward Dorr has left the team and will be transferring to another school.

Sounds like he had only played in two games this season.

Interesting.

Dumped tUMD because he wanted to play for the Gophers. Well, even I know that playing time is going to come here and there as a freshman at the U. So now Dorr dumps UMN.

Where's next? SCSU?

OH! I hear UW is recruiting!

Interesting.

Dumped tUMD because he wanted to play for the Gophers. Well, even I know that playing time is going to come here and there as a freshman at the U. So now Dorr dumps UMN.

Where's next? SCSU?

OH! I hear UW is recruiting!

i heard that eaves is trying for 2 teams actually at UW so that explains his over recruiting :lol:

i heard that eaves is trying for 2 teams actually at UW so that explains his over recruiting :lol:

He'll have enough forwards next season to field two lineups (no joke!).

One could say that it will make for good competition to make the lineup, but with over 2 full lines of forwards sitting in the stands each game night, it's just going to force more players to leave the UW system.

He'll have enough forwards next season to field two lineups (no joke!).

One could say that it will make for good competition to make the lineup, but with over 2 full lines of forwards sitting in the stands each game night, it's just going to force more players to leave the UW system.

in todays age of college hockey when everyone wants to play NOW and not wait for the most part this tactic will backfire and already has. eaves can recruit, no doubt but will this catch up to him with some younger recruits? it just may

in todays age of college hockey when everyone wants to play NOW and not wait for the most part this tactic will backfire and already has. eaves can recruit, no doubt but will this catch up to him with some younger recruits? it just may

So you kind of wonder if Hak should contact a few of these kids and see if they want to play for the Sioux since there is a 50% chance they might not play for the Badgers anyways. :lol:

For those of you who've asked (and there have been a lot of you; I've heard ...) there's no story to Jase Weslosky's suspension -- yet. He was indeed held out of the two games at the Florida College Classic because of academic issues, however he was eligible to play and could have done so. It was Bob Motzko's decision to go with Dan Dunn, doubtless to prepare him if he should have to be the No. 1 goalie in the second half. The rub for Weslosky becomes whether he'll be eligible for the second semester and Motzko isn't ready to comment publicly on that. The fall semester grades become final on Monday. At that point or by Tuesday, we should know whether Weslosky will be in goal next Friday or whether the rest of the season rides on Dan Dunn.

Nothing like dancing around that one. Sounds like they are going to be without their starting goalie. Yikes.

That is sad. The response of pointing blame at the equipment is worse. How about when guys are done playing competitive (juniors) hockey maybe a ban on fighting should be considered.

I heard about this on the XM-204 and some are concerned that there might be a call by some to eliminate fighting from the NHL and Junior hockey.