SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Idaho State Game Thread

fightingsioux4life

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't sure what to expect in this game. We had been testing ourselves against lower level competition, they had done that against higher competition. We were coming in on a VERY short week, they had almost 2 weeks to prepare. Add in the elevation and I was worried about the guys making it through the game. The team had meetings last saturday after their game and began preparation for this game within just minutes of finishing the last game. They practiced Sun, Mon and Tues and spent Wednesday traveling.

Well it looks kind of like that is what happened. We really slowed down there after the first drive of the 3rd. But overall we played through it and got the Victory! Thankfully we now have a few extra days to heal up the players that were hurt during the game. I am sure all of the guys are tired after this week and game.

Great first DI win to build on. Now it's on to SE Louisianna!

Thankfully altitude is not a problem in Louisiana. ;)

Yeah but we have humidity...hasn't been bad the last couple of days though...never know what it'll be like next weekend...

Watched most of the game...nice win by the Sioux...first, we have La Tech Saturday, but look forward to hosting you guys next weekend...have a safe trip down.

Probably, but don't forget how senior-laden this year's offense is. Luckily, we should still have Josh Murray!

True. I think the question will be in the trenches but I have faith. I think this redshirt class wil make an impact. Not to mention the fact that we might pick up some gems this year.

My thoughts:

Our D was gassed in the 2nd half. Altitude a factor? 4 days rest a factor?

Danny Freund is good. 20-26 for ~230 yards. Cool customer.

Our Run defense is good.

I've said all season that I've seen alot of improvement from the secondary from the past 2-3 years. We gave up a pile of yards passing tonight. On the other hand, ISU pretty much abandonded the run in 2nd half (as usual), and alot of the passing yards racked up were underneath throws that benefited from poor tackling and "soft" underneath coverage from UND.

Like I always say..........Dominique Hawkins is good.

I absolutely LOVED what I say from the offensive line tonight. I was concernced about them after the first two games. I gained more confidence in them after UW-LaCrosse, and even more tonight. Keep it up guys!.

Murray is "The Man" for the next 3 years. Keep giving it to him. What a smart runner........

The point differential is about what I predicted for this game. But I don't like how we got up BIG, and let them back in. As I said above, I'll chalk some of that up to the short rest, travel, and altitude, but we haven't been super-sharp in the second half of 3 out of 4 games this year. That's my biggest concern about this team.

Congrats to the coaches and players, nice win by the Sioux!

That's why we have to recruit well. Now more than ever.

Not only recruit, but retain more of the recruits we get for four/five years. That's been a problem in recent years. That's a big part of the reason there is so little depth at certain positions right now, particularly on the o-line. Not trying to be a wet blanket though--I have faith that Mussman and staff will get it done.

Not only recruit, but retain more of the recruits we get for four/five years. That's been a problem in recent years. That's a big part of the reason there is so little depth at certain positions right now, particularly on the o-line. Not trying to be a wet blanket though--I have faith that Mussman and staff will get it done.

Most of the guys who choose to leave, do so because they were not going to play or contribute much.