SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Would it be safe to say that UND went toe to toe with Oregon that say?

Could you imagine the storyline today if we played Oregon to a 0-0 tie (I know with OT there is no ties) but our defense would be a threat to FCS teams.

2017 gives us time to get the IPF up and running and recruit some better athletes. Who knows, we might be playing FBS by then (not likely, but you never know with all the realignments going on).

The PAC-12 could be part of a new division by then too ... strange days ...

The Central Arkansas buyout was 150k, IIRC. Faison did that one. Buning screwed up the Idaho State buyout.

Back then we didn't have much of a leg to stand on with negotiations will all the nickname stuff and lack of teams to schedule. Things have changed so I hope buyouts are enough to at least compensate if a team backs out.

It appears that we may have another future FBS game scheduled, stay tuned for announcement:

NorthDakota Football@UNDfootball11m

Be on the lookout later today for another scheduling announcement regarding a future FBS opponent #staytuned

Expand

Please let it be Minnesota or Nebraska!!

Minnesota was my first thought, but if this game isn't until 2018 then I don't think the B1G would even allow them to schedule us...I hope I am wrong though!

I just thought of that after I posted it. If the B1G won't schedule us maybe a MW team or a MAC team. UND-W. Michigan? (hockey connection with WMU in the NCHC)

I just thought of that after I posted it. If the B1G won't schedule us maybe a MW team or a MAC team. UND-W. Michigan? (hockey connection with WMU in the NCHC)

If one of those hockey connections will be paying off, they are certainly taking their sweet time.