SiouxSports.com Forum

Sad News

Bob in Wisconsin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are praying for Will and your family. If there is anything "good" about an ALL diagnosis is that it is highly curable in young children. Unfortunately this takes 2-3 years of chemo, steroids and other bad medications. After the first month things will get easier. A friend of the family is about 9 months into the treatment.

Have they told you what risk level Will falls into?

We will be praying for you and your family, Bob.

Psalm 103:3

Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.

Jay

Bob, someone sent me this one when we received some bad news and it was meaningful for me. In case it is for you, Proverbs 3, 5-6:

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Our thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your family as well. Like it was said before, the one really good thing about this, is it is very curable in young children. As part of the Sioux family, we're pulling for him and the family as well. It's going to be a though road, but we expect to see him come out on the other side of this a very healthy, and energetic little boy! ;)

ASK= Ask, Seek, Knock

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

I'm in a men's Bible study and I have sent this to information about your son to them. We are praying for him and my wife's home church in China are also lifting him up in prayer. I'm also putting this in our local churches prayer list.

Thank comfort in knowing the Lord is hearing from many people asking for help for your son.

Very well stated and I agree, ask and it shall be given to you

Bob,

Your son is definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I don't know how I would handle this if either of my kids were diagnosed...I hope you all take this head on and fight through it - and come out on the other side better, tougher, and healthy!

If you're not going to accept the satellite, I think that we (Sioux fans) need to get you to the Ralph this year and those with some pull make sure that Will gets to meet the team. Not sure I can be much help, but there are those out here that can...let's get this done.

Bob,

My husband and I are praying for you and your family. Many many healing vibes and courage for your son and your family

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Heartfelt prayers for your little man and your whole family, Bob. I pray this is just a bump in the road for him and that the experience will bring your family closer together and closer to God.

St. Jude's is an amazing place and the money donated by Sioux fans and all of the people and organizations before us is a big reason why the prognosis for Will is good. Keep the faith, Bob and know that we're all pulling for you.

Bob,

We are sending your family and your adorable little Will prayers and thoughts. I have two sons of my own and they mean the world to me. I along with the rest of the Fighting Sioux base will be praying for you and for a speedy recovery.

God bless you and Will and God Bless America.

Go Sioux

Bob, thank you for letting siouxsports.com know. As a father, I cannot imagine how difficult this is for both parents and son.

Be strong. Keep the faith. As my 4-year old daughter said at the X in 2001, with the Sioux trailing by 3 with 4 minutes left, "I think we're going to score 3 and tie it up". Kids carry tremendous faith. That will carry them through, and you'll strengthen each other.

Godspeed.

Thanks to all of you for your warm wishes and prayers. Thanks especially to our friend Nick. If it wern't for his story and caringbridge site ( http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nickosseo11 if there are any newbies out there) I would not have know about this disease, and there's no telling how much longer we may have waited. Nick's dad Chuck was in contact with me that first weekend after we saw the GP, and provided references from Nick's doctors for a great pediatric oncologist in the area. Without Nick's site, I would not have known how critical time is as far as getting quick treatment, and would not have been so persistant with the local clinic with getting us to a cancer treatment center.

This is the hand that we have been dealt, and we are starting to accept that.

Now, let's get back to hockey!

Bob,

Sioux-cia called me with this horrible news. I have had you, Will and your family in my prayers. I was in Rochester until today and made a trip into the chapel at St. Mary's hospital to say an extra prayer for you all. I'll be keeping up on your CaringBridge site, and will be hoping for the very best.

Dawn

Give Will some hugs and kisses from me. He is such a cutie.

With summer around I hardly get onto the message board that often and when I logged on to check it out today it saddened me to see this has happen to another sioux family member! Bob, I am praying for your son and your family during these tough times.

Just saw your post and your family is in our prayers. I have two boys a 6 and a 3 year old and I can't imaging going through this. At least these little guys are as tough a nails and I'm sure Will will get through this no worse for the ware.

Best wishes.

Bob, I read about your son in a post on GPL a couple days ago...and wanted to register here to tell you that your family is in my family's prayers. We're rooting for Will...he sounds like a tough little guy.

If there's anything from Texas that would bring a smile to his face...I'm just an email away.

STG

Bob, I read about your son in a post on GPL a couple days ago...and wanted to register here to tell you that your family is in my family's prayers. We're rooting for Will...he sounds like a tough little guy.

If there's anything from Texas that would bring a smile to his face...I'm just an email away.

STG

Super first post! It's things like this that make all of our 'rivalries' not such a big deal!!