SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley

siouxweet

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as happy as anyone that these players are coming back, but I'll have to see the contract offers before I believe anyone "turned down the money" in doing so.

I agree, we really don't know how serious any of these supposed offers were.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm just happy to have Joe back.

Stu Bickel just crapped his pants. I wonder if he can stand behind Lucia for an entire series.

My money is on a game 2 tilt, so neither has to miss the Saturday game. :silly:

Great news. I also thought Joe had a good year last year, particularly in his decision-making in the transition game. His first pass was usually the right pass, it seemed to me. I think it was smart for Joe to stay.

While we're talking about other defensemen, I just have to show some love for Z Jones. He rarely gets much attention (absent a F'up), but he has been a rock. No Sioux defenseman hustled to the puck better than he did last year.

Getting a little excited. I'm really anxious to see Gregoire and Toews and how much of a jump Marto and LaPointe make. Having an inexperienced goalie and needing to count on some younger players offensively is making the year a little more interesting than the last two, at least from a summer perspective.

I don't think Bickel or any other college player is woried about Finley. I guess I've never seen Finley in a real college hockey fight. I've just seen him push and shove and pull on jerseys. Maybe I missed one that I don't know about?

I don't think Bickel or any other college player is woried about Finley. I guess I've never seen Finley in a real college hockey fight. I've just seen him push and shove and pull on jerseys. Maybe I missed one that I don't know about?

During his last season in the USHL Finley got into 11 fights so he can hold his own.

Thanks for staying Joe! We need all the experienced D-men we can get plus the college degree isn't a bad thing to have in your back pocket - PS - there's a vacancy in an apartment downtown but don't move there - the elevator is a little "iffy" mechanically from what I hear :silly:

and don't worry bienek...your exactly right. Goon must have missed that part where you said real college hockey fight while he made that reference to his time in the USHL. That being four years ago now, Finley has never gotten into a fight at UND so you guys have no reason to think he will.

And the one fight your boy Brian got into looked like two 7th grade girls slapping each other around. I'd like to see him drop the gloves now, he'd really get worked. And just for the record, Mat Greene never fought in his time here. The last time I checked he was able to hold his own with the big boys. I daresay Finley has a better chance in a fight in the big leagues then your boy Brian does.

and don't worry bienek...your exactly right. Goon must have missed that part where you said real college hockey fight while he made that reference to his time in the USHL. That being four years ago now, Finley has never gotten into a fight at UND so you guys have no reason to think he will.

Goon did not miss anything I know he hasn't fought in College, and I linked his USHL FIGHT card. It shows that Finley is NOT afraid to mix it up. Stop speaking for people and attacking people all of the time. In majority of things that you write is either a smart @$$ and demeaning quip or an personal attack in some form or another. Run along now and let the adults play.

Edited by Goon

I don't think there is any argument if Finley could hold his own. I just don't think he's willing to throw the first punch to get a fight started and risk getting kicked out of the next game. Maybe that will change this year when a non conference opponent is scheduled for the next week. We'll see.

I don't think there is any argument if Finley could hold his own. I just don't think he's willing to throw the first punch to get a fight started and risk getting kicked out of the next game. Maybe that will change this year when a non conference opponent is scheduled for the next week. We'll see.

I have watched Finely drop the glove and want to go for three season only to have the refs yank him off who ever he has challenged to a fight. Wheeler was challenged by Finley according to Kevin Gorg so I don't think Finley has been chicken he just hasn't fought yet.

I am sure there are not a lot of people that will take him on.

I've been up close to Joe and can tell you that if he were to really let someone have it, that poor $astard wouldn't wake up for days. He doesn't need to brawl on the ice to prove anything to SS.com trolls.

I love the fact that the haters have their undies in a bunch because Finley is coming back.

I hope that hate keeps them warm during the cold winter.

I love the fact that the haters have their undies in a bunch because Finley is coming back.

I hope that hate keeps them warm during the cold winter.

What's sad is that, if Joe left, I'm sure they'd move on to another player. Lee left and they moved to Finley.

I wonder who it would be? Blood? LaPoint? Miller? Eidsness? It can't be Walski... he's a local boy. No one criticizes the locals. Chay? No. He made two boneheaded plays that led to two goals against us, but not a peep.

Maybe it will be Malone.

Oh well... if all else fails, they could rag on Hakstol.

Maybe you missed the game with MN but Finley pulled Wheeler into the open so they could square up, just Wheeler wasn't having any of it. One thing Joe didn't do was sucker punch Wheeler, or punch a guy who wasn't a willing partner. I respect him for that.

What's sad is that, if Joe left, I'm sure they'd move on to another player. Lee left and they moved to Finley.

I wonder who it would be? Blood? LaPoint? Miller? Eidsness? It can't be Walski... he's a local boy. No one criticizes the locals. Chay? No. He made two boneheaded plays that led to two goals against us, but not a peep.

Maybe it will be Malone.

update as per another thread here:

Fienhage is coming in next season. There you are, the next target after Finley. :silly:

Maybe it will be Malone.

We get it already, you don't like it when anyone criticizes any Sioux player, move on. You are obsessed with this topic.

Why do a lot of your posts continually criticize the Minnesota Wild and their organization?

You are correct about Bickell. He will be so busy running from Hextall he won't have time to worry about Finley. :silly:

What you say is probably true. However, I don't think mascots are allowed on the ice during the game. Therefore, I don't think we have to worry about it.